Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Automotive Brands Forum > Bike Chat

Old 08-22-2005, 11:41 PM   #1
corpse_grinder0
Regular User

Default crashed today.............

went on my usual ride in the canyons today... testing out my new reverse-shift pattern..... everything was going good, guy I was with wanted to see a real tight road, so I took him to a road that is the tightest road ive ever been on... I told him he can go ahead and have fun, I would stay back and ride conservitevly since the road always seems to kick my ass. Well I wasnt really even going fast... I was in 2nd, doing maybe 40-50 going intot he turn when all of the sudden the clutch slipps, and puts me in neutral... the turn was also downhill, so this meant disaster... I quickly got on both breaks trying not to upset the suspension, starting to go wide, I breaked as much as I could, then tried to turn her real sharp to save it( seeing the ditch them rock wall to my right) and the front just washed out front under me sending the bike going sideways, I slammed right onto my left arm, then skipped and tumbled thru the road... the bike went straight into the dirt and buried it self in the quicksand like sand.... I was fortunate the dirt was like that, or else the bike would be totalled. instead the fairing bolts broke and they are barely staying on, but that can be repaired easily.... as for my arm, it burns pretty bad, and is swollen. I can move it fine, but just to be safe im going to urgent care tonight.
Old 08-22-2005, 11:49 PM   #2
antonioledesma
Regular User

going to emergency and still typing???
hope you're okay...
antonioledesma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2005, 11:55 PM   #3
ZfrkS62
Regular User

damn man, that's gotta suck Glad you're ok. It's things like that that scare me away from getting a bike

my carbon footprint is bigger than yours
ZfrkS62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2005, 01:37 AM   #4
saadie
Regular User

damn .. that has to suck .. ... .
good to know u didnt get seriously injured or anything ..
and the bike is all good .. ...
btw

i've heard that leather jackets that ppl usually wear while riding helps in chrashes ..... is it true ?
Old 08-23-2005, 03:03 AM   #5
corpse_grinder0
Regular User

Originally Posted by saadie
damn .. that has to suck .. ... .
good to know u didnt get seriously injured or anything ..
and the bike is all good .. ...
btw

i've heard that leather jackets that ppl usually wear while riding helps in chrashes ..... is it true ?
I was wearing a full leather race suit... and it SAVED my ass... if I wasnt wearing the suit, I would have rash alll over my body, aswell as a few broken bones for sure. after looking at my suit, there is slight rash in the arm, shoulders, and back. All of those places would be bleeding without it. As for my arm, it is NOT broken, which is great news. I am really glad my suit has additional armor built within in those areas that got knocked up pretty good. If you are going to do ANY riding, full gear is a must! espeically if you are going to be riding hard in the canyons. There isnt any other way. I am definetly starting to feel the other areas of impact. The center of my chest is starting to ache, aswell as my lower back, shoulders, legs, and of course my arm. Thankfully the docter gave me something to ease the pain, I nice big pillbottle of Vicodin.

see you guys in the clouds..........
Old 08-23-2005, 03:24 AM   #6
komotar
Regular User

get well soon...

Glad you're ok. More or less

http://avtomoto.siol.net/
komotar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2005, 03:32 AM   #7
Minacious
Regular User

I hate reading posts like these. Fortunately, you made it out relatively ok. I told you to ride safe before you went on the ride too. These are those unforseen happenings that can sneak up on you. You'll be back out there in no time, that much I know.

Originally Posted by saadie

Yes, yes and YES. I can't stress wearing gear enough. It is these instances where you realize how important gear is.

Street = Jacket, Riding Boots, Gloves, Helmet
Canyon/Track = Full Leather Suit, Riding Boots, Gloves, Helmet
Old 08-23-2005, 05:01 AM   #8
ARMAN
Regular User

The main reason why I dont what to have a bike, as Insane said - if you crash, you really crash

.................................................. .............................
"...free your mind and the body will follow..." - THE MATRIX
ARMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2005, 05:03 AM   #9
corpse_grinder0
Regular User

Originally Posted by Minacious
I told you to ride safe before you went on the ride too.
sorry for breaking my promise, I know I told you I would be safe, yet crashed... I promise, next time I ride, ill be safe

<---------I forgot to mention that the road from my avatar was the road I crashed on today. Different turn of course.
Old 08-23-2005, 05:07 AM   #10
ARMAN
Regular User

WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE??? :shock: GO SEE A DOCTOR NOW!!!!! This have nothing to do beeing brave or anything!!! :roll:

.................................................. .............................
Old 08-23-2005, 05:44 AM   #11
TT
Regular User

Thats sucks! Luckily it wasn't as bad as it could have been, but still

I hope your arm will be fine, and be sure to jump on the bike asap afterward, to avoid remaining scared of it or something
Old 08-23-2005, 06:10 AM   #12
corpse_grinder0
Regular User

Originally Posted by ARMAN
WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE??? :shock: GO SEE A DOCTOR NOW!!!!! This have nothing to do beeing brave or anything!!! :roll:
sorry I guess I forgot to mention, I went to urgent care, and they took a few x -rays and everything is fine. Just some heavy bruising I suppose. I told me to ice it for 3 days and to take pleanty of vicodin
Old 08-23-2005, 07:42 AM   #13
TransAm
Regular User

Hey man, sorry to hear about your crash. The way you've described it, it seems like there wasn't anything you could have done to prevent it. I am really glad you had your leathers on and that other than being a bit bruised you are ok, nothing broken and such. Best wishes for a speedy recovery.

Previous: 2003 Z4 3.0i SMG, 1995 Aprilia RS250
TransAm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2005, 08:09 AM   #14
ARMAN
Regular User

Originally Posted by corpse_grinder0
Originally Posted by ARMAN
sorry I guess I forgot to mention, I went to urgent care, and they took a few x -rays and everything is fine. Just some heavy bruising I suppose. I told me to ice it for 3 days and to take pleanty of vicodin
Oh, than ok, glad to hear its not broken

Old 08-23-2005, 08:42 AM   #15
zondaland
Regular User

Well its just good that you are ok. And that the bike didn't suffer anything too serious. I guess you will forever be wearing your leathers now, no matter where you are going
zondaland is offline   Reply With Quote