Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > General Discussion > General Chat

General Chat General chat about anything that doesn't fit in another section here

Old 06-06-2003, 11:09 PM   #1
666fast
Regular User

Default Any videogame dorks here?

I am one, I confess.
I've got a PS2 and an Xbox with many games of reach.
I'm currently addicted to Moto GP2 for the Xbox. Awesome racing game.
Anyone else here a videogame dork?
Old 06-07-2003, 02:12 AM   #2
PyroZona
Regular User

Well, I'd say I identify with half of that, 666...the video game part, lol. I don't spend enough time playing to be considered in the "dork" league though. I've got a PS2 that I chipped and about 130 games for it...but the only one I really play regularly is Gran Turismo 3. I have Moto GP 2, but just don't like it on the PS2. Maybe it's better on the XBox, I haven't played that version. Maybe if someone would make an XBox controller that was actually comfortable, I'd get an XBox. Until then, I'm stayin with my PS2.

Pyro
Old 06-07-2003, 05:07 AM   #3
gis
Regular User

i play computers every now and again,i own a ps2 and a gamecube and last week me and my cousin bought the gameboy advance sp for a laugh,turns out the games are pretty addictive,plus i been stuck in traffic a couple days ago so it was pretty handy y i was just sittin there

http://img402.imageshack.us/img402/5803/dansigsp7.jpg
gis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2003, 11:06 AM   #4
Flawless
Regular User

Got ps2. If anyone wants a preety cool racing game after GT3 for Ps2, get Tokyo extreme racing zero. Awsome game.

You ride around on the highways of Tokyo looking for racers to challenge. You win money by beating them. With the money you can buy exhaust, engines, even BODY KITS. which you can customize wtih spoilers, wide fenders and mirrors. This is the best street racing game out if you want more to do with your cars.
Flawless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2003, 11:30 AM   #5
gis
Regular User

theres a new street racing game comin out in july i think it is.i dunno the name,i cant remember it,but it has official cars in it,like skylines,s2000 etc,you race for money,pink slips,you can get girlfriends by doin better and then you can put your girlfriend on the line in a race,lol

it sounds pretty cool

http://img402.imageshack.us/img402/5803/dansigsp7.jpg
gis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2003, 11:33 AM   #6
yunet
Regular User

I have PS2..And my favorite game (I think most car enthusiasts do) is Gran Turismo 3! That's the best racing game so far.....Now I'm looking foward to Gran Turismo 4 released in 2004!!
yunet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2003, 02:53 PM   #7
666fast
Regular User

Originally Posted by PyroZona
Well, I'd say I identify with half of that, 666...the video game part, lol. I don't spend enough time playing to be considered in the "dork" league though. I've got a PS2 that I chipped and about 130 games for it...but the only one I really play regularly is Gran Turismo 3. I have Moto GP 2, but just don't like it on the PS2. Maybe it's better on the XBox, I haven't played that version. Maybe if someone would make an XBox controller that was actually comfortable, I'd get an XBox. Until then, I'm stayin with my PS2.

Pyro
You don't consider yourself a dork and you have 130 games?
LOL, I've got about 15 and I have had my PS2 since it came out.

Tokyo Extreme Racer is cool, but a little drawn out, finding all those wanderers is a waste.
Old 06-07-2003, 03:05 PM   #8
PyroZona
Regular User

Well, no....frankly, I didn't say I bought 130 games, did I? 8)

I've had my PS2 since it first came out as well. I actually got mine the day they were released here in the U.S. (actually, I have had several since then). I've only actually purchased about 5 games, though. If I'd actually paid for all those (pretty much) crappy games, then I'd be putting myself in the "idiot" category! lol

Personally, I didn't like Tokyo Extreme Racer at ALL. I thought the car physics sucked, as did the controls. I guess I'm spoiled by GT3....heh.

Can't wait for GT4 to come out either!!

Pyro
Old 06-07-2003, 08:22 PM   #9
mitsu_3kgt_ads
Regular User

I've had GT3 for a year and a half now and I'm just 70% done with it. :roll: Hot Shots Golf 3 is pretty addictive too.
mitsu_3kgt_ads is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2003, 09:37 PM   #10
fedezyl
Regular User

I've got a FFW for my PC, and F1 2002 from EA sports, I also have the GTR 2002 mod for it....wow...what can I say...it's as close i'll get to driving a great sports car for a while...
fedezyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2003, 03:14 AM   #11
666fast
Regular User

fedezyl, I know what you mean about F1 2002. I'm currently trying to get my hands on a copy.

As for GT3, it was the worst one of the series in my opinion. GT4 better be good.
Old 06-09-2003, 12:32 AM   #12
DEEB0rider
Regular User

whats the GTR2002 mod???
DEEB0rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2003, 01:34 AM   #13
fedezyl
Regular User

basically F1 2002 is just that, a F1 racing game for the PC, but some people, including professional drivers made a mod, a game within the game, in which you drive a Modena, Maranello, Marcos Mantis, 911 turbo and gt2 I think, and Lister Storm, all in a racing category that I don't remember right now, it's just amazing, from tuning the car, to driving it on a FFW...my arms get numb after a race...recently they came up with the Ferrari Challenge, all 360 modena, really cool..
You can check their web page at
http://www.sbdt.co.uk/forums/
fedezyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2003, 02:09 AM   #14
666fast
Regular User

There is also an M3 challenge and a Alfa Romeo challenge. Cool stuff, someof the people who make these cars are really talented.
Old 06-09-2003, 08:38 AM   #15
novass
Regular User

ill admit to it...im a game dork. between myself and my 2 roomates we have gamecube, xbox, ps1, ps2, 5 comps, sega cd, nes, super nes, few others stored away in the garage. were a bunch of pack rats.
novass is offline   Reply With Quote