Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Automotive Brands Forum > Car Chat > Car Gallery

Old 09-13-2003, 09:54 PM   #1
heath
Regular User

Default Ah the nostalgia!

Almost 30years old and still looks great!

heath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2003, 09:57 PM   #2
SFDMALEX
Regular User

It's a blast in NFS PU. Maybe the reason for me to reinstall the good old game.
SFDMALEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2003, 06:38 AM   #3
jon_s
Regular User

Hell Yeah!! Lovin it!
jon_s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2003, 07:57 AM   #4
1zippo1
Regular User

I really love NFS Porsche. Played it out 3 times and I started collecting every car you could buy second hand. Last time I got about 40 or so

Great game, wish they made a succesor to it. Maybe this time with ferrari... would be very cool.

The difference in handling between the cars were great and the 911 RS was one of the most challenging to drive. Fast, but still kinda unstable...
best racing game EVER in my oppinion.
1zippo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2003, 11:02 AM   #5
Chingachgook
Regular User

I love to drive it in NFS PU, it's the most challenging, with the first 911 Turbo, these are 2 of the best looking cars in the History, and also 2 of the best driver's cars.

Nothing to do with the 911 that we have today
Old 09-14-2003, 02:15 PM   #6
AlienDB7
Regular User

My favourite car in nfs5, beside 911T and boxster, was actually the 993Targa. Almost zero understeer, perfect for driving tiff needell style..

zippo: are you referring to the 911 RS bonus car from factory driver? I loved it, used a tuned one to beat my friend's GT3 and GT2! Wish I can drive it again, too bad my cousins "accidentally" corrupted my NFS5 savegames

I hope they do make a ferrari unleashed but from the look of things, they're targetting the arcade and fast & furious crowds. Probably we won't see another great sim game from EA for a while. NFS6 is a fun game but the physics is so bad you can get a relatively fast time without using the brakes at all. Once, I had a MP game with 6 other people, the fastest guy on the track basically kept his fingers on the accelerator and the reset button. That's so wrong.......
AlienDB7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2003, 05:11 PM   #7
1zippo1
Regular User

Originally Posted by AlienDB7
My favourite car in nfs5, beside 911T and boxster, was actually the 993Targa. Almost zero understeer, perfect for driving tiff needell style..

zippo: are you referring to the 911 RS bonus car from factory driver? I loved it, used a tuned one to beat my friend's GT3 and GT2! Wish I can drive it again, too bad my cousins "accidentally" corrupted my NFS5 savegames

I hope they do make a ferrari unleashed but from the look of things, they're targetting the arcade and fast & furious crowds. Probably we won't see another great sim game from EA for a while. NFS6 is a fun game but the physics is so bad you can get a relatively fast time without using the brakes at all. Once, I had a MP game with 6 other people, the fastest guy on the track basically kept his fingers on the accelerator and the reset button. That's so wrong.......
I completely agree with you. I was looking forward to NFS 6 for so long and I thought NFS 5 was so good that they could only make it better. NFS 3 was better then 2 - 4 was better then 3 and 5 was much better then 4 ... such a dissapointment...
1zippo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2003, 10:46 PM   #8
SFDMALEX
Regular User

Yeah, NFS are going down..........

I loved all of them from NFS1 to NFS5, but 6 was pure piss. The great thing about NFS5 was that it wasnt totally arcade or sim, just in between and it was great fun. I used to turn up the speakers up high(I loved the music in NFS5) take the RS around that last track in the list and just had a blast. The graphics still look great. It was nice to play after some hard ass sim racing, just a nice way to cool off. BTW Im going to reinstall the game tomorrow.......Ill download someone elses save game though, I dont feel like going trough everything from the beginning....
Old 09-14-2003, 11:22 PM   #9
AlienDB7
Regular User

The worst has yet to come. NFS7 (Underground) will be using NFS6's physics engine (one of the worst IMO) and featuring fast & furious type cars. Not sure how they can pull it off without making it a fun game. I did some mods in NFS6 to put in a few econo cars like golf, jetta and alero. It was pretty boring. I used the 170hp alero to raced with my friend's 115hp golf, it was so boring we had to switch to the same car afterward. Even then, it wasn't much fun with the constant pedal to the metal driving. Hopefully NFS8 will be back to a more realistic physics engine with more exotic cars. Would love to see Enzo, Aston DB9, Koenigsegg, Carrera GT, Ford GT and the VX220 Turbo on the list.

I think codemasters make the best racing sim for PC. Had a great (and frustrating) time playing ToCA2 and Pro Race Driver. Great game even though the cars are a bit hard to control. EA's V8 Challenge wasn't bad either. Too bad there're only 2 choices for cars.
Old 09-14-2003, 11:45 PM   #10
stracing
Regular User

i heard about the new nfs...and i was thinking they've lost it...its going downhill from here. oh wells they better hope there are a lot more f&f fans out there.

prolly it will be the 12 yr olds pestering their parents for a copy.
stracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2003, 05:44 PM   #11
SFDMALEX
Regular User

Originally Posted by AlienDB7
I think codemasters make the best racing sim for PC. Had a great (and frustrating) time playing ToCA2 and Pro Race Driver. Great game even though the cars are a bit hard to control. EA's V8 Challenge wasn't bad either. Too bad there're only 2 choices for cars.
TOCA to was good. Pro race driver is complete piss mate. It has awfull physics. CMR 3 had shity physics also.

It's been a while since codemasters made a sim. Then only REAL sims out there are Grand Prix Legends, ISI's F12002(and the mods like GTR2002) and ISI's F1C 99 02.
Old 09-15-2003, 07:18 PM   #12
AlienDB7
Regular User

Originally Posted by SFDMALEX
TOCA to was good. Pro race driver is complete piss mate. It has awfull physics. CMR 3 had shity physics also.

It's been a while since codemasters made a sim. Then only REAL sims out there are Grand Prix Legends, ISI's F12002(and the mods like GTR2002) and ISI's F1C 99 02.
I had a hard time playing pro race driver with my MS sidewinder wheel. PRD doesn't support it properly so I get zero resistance. Did you try the bonus code "sim"? It seems to improve the physics a bit. Couldnt really tell when I could hardly keep the car straight

Have yet to check out CMR3 but CMR2 was quite a fun game. CMR4 is coming out later this year, they claim its physics engine will be better without the centre axis. Let's hope it's really the case.
Old 09-16-2003, 06:56 AM   #13
Chingachgook
Regular User

Grand Prix Legend..what an extraordinary simulator...challenging and frustrating at the same time! I love the old Nurburgring, and the Ferrari of course, the V12 sound was intoxicating.

Also GT Racing2002 for F12002 is a great sim, not so difficult like GPL, but realistic.