Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > General Discussion > General Chat

General Chat General chat about anything that doesn't fit in another section here

Old 12-10-2004, 09:25 PM   #31
gobs3z
Regular User

Originally Posted by BADMIHAI
Originally Posted by gobs3z
Breif History Lesson

- Gallic Wars
- Lost. In a war whose ending foreshadows the next 2000 years of French history, France is conquered by of all things, an Italian.
French ignored this though, and put all their effort into these defenses.

The French didn't even exist back then, fuckface. And neither did the Italians. Maybe you should read some real history before you open your ignorant mouth.
I'm not trying to show you up or anything, but they did. French were known as the Franks. And lets think who the Romans are? There's your history lesson. Trust me, you don't want to argue history with me.

"If we could read the secret histories of our enemies, we would find in each story enough sorrow and suffering to disarm all hostility." Longfellow
gobs3z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2004, 09:59 AM   #32
BADMIHAI
Regular User

I'm not trying to show you up or anything, but they did. French were known as the Franks. And lets think who the Romans are? There's your history lesson. Trust me, you don't want to argue history with me.

Show me up? You can't do that by exposing your ignorance, bud. Gascons, gallic, franc, iberic and other peoples romed what we now call France. I wouldn't call those people "the French" because that is left for ignorant fucks like you to do.
The French people did not exist ~ 2100 years ago. As for the Romans being italians, I would think twice about calling them that aswell. Italians are a mix of latin people and other peoples under the empire. You must also remember the Moors who also fucked quite a few Latin women. Calling the peoples that romed what is now France "the French" is worse than calling all Americans "Europeans". :x
BADMIHAI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2004, 12:29 PM   #33
Cornutu
Regular User

hahahahaha I can't believe this turned into a shit-throwing fest.
Cornutu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2004, 12:35 PM   #34
crayzayjay
Regular User

Great isnt it?

"My army's better than yours"

"Yeah, well your army's gay"

"Well yours is super-gay"

Keep it coming, fellas

Some people become so rich they lose all respect for humanity. That's how rich i want to be.
crayzayjay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2004, 12:42 PM   #35
RC45
Regular User

Originally Posted by BADMIHAI

Show me up? You can't do that by exposing your ignorance, bud. Gascons, gallic, franc, iberic and other peoples romed what we now call France. I wouldn't call those people "the French" because that is left for ignorant fucks like you to do.
The French people did not exist ~ 2100 years ago. As for the Romans being italians, I would think twice about calling them that aswell. Italians are a mix of latin people and other peoples under the empire. You must also remember the Moors who also fucked quite a few Latin women. Calling the peoples that romed what is now France "the French" is worse than calling all Americans "Europeans". :x
Actually - calling the Gauls French, and the Romans Italian is a normal accepted practice.

The very same way there is no problem in calling the Iranians Persians... the peoples of these areas have not had massage migrations of people whom displaced everyone with some other race.

Rather absurd argument as jokes about how cowardly the French have been in battle have been circulating for many, many, many years - I remember hearing my first French war joke in the early 80's - and they no doubt exited 40 years before that.

A simple glance at political cartoons of the WWII vintage will show you fun being made of the French surrendering and running at the time..

Let's not forget the Italians - they inveted the first 7 spedd transmission in the 1941 - fitted it to their tanks - 1 forward speed, and 6 reverse...
RC45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2004, 02:17 PM   #36
gobs3z
Regular User

The French people did not exist ~ 2100 years ago. As for the Romans being italians, I would think twice about calling them that aswell. Italians are a mix of latin people and other peoples under the empire. You must also remember the Moors who also fucked quite a few Latin women. Calling the peoples that romed what is now France "the French" is worse than calling all Americans "Europeans".
I dunno why you're denying the Germanic tribes as french, because the french aren't. The name France is derived from the Latin Francia, meaning "country of the Franks." If you would like to embarrass yourself anymore you may continue. You seem to be showing irgnorance by not knowing your own history, but thats just my opinion.

"If we could read the secret histories of our enemies, we would find in each story enough sorrow and suffering to disarm all hostility." Longfellow
Old 12-11-2004, 02:45 PM   #37
Pimp Racer
Regular User

LMAO! Haha that was funny man!
Old 12-11-2004, 02:53 PM   #38
BADMIHAI
Regular User

The name France is derived from the Latin Francia, meaning "country of the Franks."

The Franks weren't the only people on that land. And they also mixed with the Romans and other peoples. Fucking twat... :roll:
BADMIHAI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2004, 04:26 PM   #39
gobs3z
Regular User

The Franks weren't the only people on that land. And they also mixed with the Romans and other peoples. Fucking twat...
No shit, but i'm showing you that the french themselves refer to their own country as the land of the FRANKS. The franks were the majority tribe, and the french like seeing themselves as originally being franks, or coming from franks. Soooooooooooooo S T F U.