Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > General Discussion > General Chat

General Chat General chat about anything that doesn't fit in another section here

Old 12-09-2004, 03:52 AM   #1
666fast
Regular User

Default Dimebag Darrel Killed

If you don't know who Pantera was, then you probably won't know who Dimebag Darrel is.
Anyway, he was shot in a nightclub along with a few other people! :shock:

http://www.cnn.com/2004/US/12/09/nig...ing/index.html

:cry:
Old 12-09-2004, 04:01 AM   #2
novass
Regular User

Thats weak! Pantera was the shit. WTF :cry:

"Live as if your were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever."
-Mahatma Gandhi
novass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2004, 04:16 AM   #3
DR.GONZO
Regular User

Yea, just heard on another Forum, I am so Pissed and sad! :cry: May He RIP!
DR.GONZO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2004, 04:53 AM   #4
DR.GONZO
Regular User

also (not confirmed) but some site's are also saying his bro died too!

If you don't know that's Vinne Paul (pantera) (dime's Bro) On the drums!, I hope He lived! Since Dime Is Confirmed! What a Piece Of shit the PHYSCO! I am Sorry I am really Mad and Sad At this! :x
DR.GONZO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2004, 06:24 AM   #5
possessed_beaver
Regular User

OMG im hell cut, i was a massive pantera fan, and dien't mind Damageplan..

i cannot believe this at all im real cut,

going to listen to some pantera
*RIP*
possessed_beaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2004, 06:31 AM   #6
dingo
Regular User

thats sad news, RIP.
I used to be a fan of them when I was a teen, but can't stand that type of music anymore.
Old 12-09-2004, 09:17 AM   #7
ZfrkS62
Regular User

DAMMIT!! FUCKING PEICE OF SHIT THUG WANNABES :x ARRRGGGHH!!!!!

RIP Dimebag Darrel and the others, EXCEPT THE FUCKING GUNMAN :x

I hope Vinnie is ok too

my carbon footprint is bigger than yours
ZfrkS62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2004, 11:09 AM   #8
nthfinity
Regular User

FUCK!!!! oh my god! i cant believe it. im so glad that i saw dime and vinnie a few months ago in show. this is very sad news
Old 12-09-2004, 11:28 AM   #9
Fleischmann
Regular User

Damn. Pantera was a gr8 band, an inspiration to many of the current bands. RIP Dimebag Darrel

"Like a knife into flesh, after life is to death " (Pantera - "Mouth for war")
Old 12-09-2004, 01:31 PM   #10
Fleischmann
Regular User

A TV report on the incident: http://nbc4i.feedroom.com/iframeset.jsp?ord=380311

The witness, 22-year-old Chris Couch, said the shooting occurred about 30 seconds after Damageplan had begun playing. Couch, who was standing about 30 feet away from the stage, noticed a man wearing a hooded sweatshirt and hockey jersey walk up to the stage, followed by a bouncer and another club employee.

The man in the jersey climbed onto the stage, started yelling and shot the guitarist five or six times at close range, Couch said. Couch said the gunman also shot a bouncer who pulled him off the musician.

At that point, Couch and a friend headed for the exit along with a tide of hundreds of fans.

"It was definitely a grudge. It was against something," Couch said.

Amanda Stankus, 19, who attended the show with Couch, said she initially thought the shooting was part of the show.

"I just saw the guitarist fall down, and we decided to get out of there," said Stankus
This was taken from a kid who was at the show and posted at the Damageplan message board....................................

all i can say is holy crap!! that was such a freakin' nightmare... i don't ever want to be a part of anything like that again... i'm still shaking.... i don't even know what to say...

i was up close to the stage on the side where DBD was playing.... then i saw the guy jump out of the crwod onto the stage... he was yelling something about how "you broke up pantera.... you ruined my life.... what about phil??? he needs heroin money..." or something like that then i saw the gun and he shot DBD right in the head... when DBD went down he kept shooting... then he turned around for bobzilla then vinnie... teh hole time i thought it was part of the show... i had blood on me i was so close... i'm still freakin' out here...

after he turned around and kept shooting i was gone... i swear i almost crapped my pants... it was ####' crazy as ####... people were totally messed up outside... i was standing next to this one chick and she was crying and couldn't stop... she fell on the ground and it was like she was possesed or something... dude it was so kayotic its not even funny... the cops showed up and then people started sayin' that DBD was killed... then people started freaking out even more...

i can't belive this happend... its so crazy... its totally unreal and there's no way to describe how messed up i am right now..

Gunman kills 4 at Ohio nightclub
Police officer shoots suspect to death
Thursday, December 9, 2004 Posted: 2:12 AM EST (0712 GMT)

Police block the entrance to the nightclub after the shooting.

COLUMBUS, Ohio (CNN) -- A gunman opened fire Wednesday night during a heavy metal concert in Columbus, killing four people -- including at least one member of the band -- and critically wounding at least two others before a police officer shot and killed him, according to Columbus police.

The attacker leapt onstage as the group, Damageplan, performed, and began "targeting members in the band," Sgt. Brent Mull said.

Two others were injured in the incident, although the nature of their injuries was not clear.

According to eyewitness accounts, the gunman initially shot and killed the band's guitarist, Dimebag Darrell. Darrell, 38, and his brother, Vinnie Paul, 40, are former members of Pantera -- a group they formed in the 1980s. Their father is Jerry Abbott, a country and western songwriter and producer.

Police were notified of the shooting at the Alrosa Villa nightclub on the city's north end around 10:18 p.m. ET, Mull said. A uniformed police officer who was in the area slipped into the venue from a back entrance, confronted the gunman during the rampage and killed him.

"If not for the officer who showed up, there would have been more dead," Mull said.

Police have roped off a huge area of the nightclub's parking lot, as 60 detectives question hundreds of witnesses. Police have brought in buses to keep the witnesses warm as they wait to be questioned.

Calvin Bota said he saw the shooting from the mosh pit right in front of the stage, shortly after the band began playing.

"Somebody came -- I don't know where they came from, out of the audience or whatnot -- but they come onto (the) stage and ... he shot the guitarist at first, fired a couple of other shots and then he hid behind the stage a little bit," Bota told WSYX.

"Everybody started scattering, you know, there's mayhem everywhere. And then a police officer came into the building, you know, came in professional with his gun raised and then he proceeded to shoot the guy."

Gerald Caudill told WSYX the gunman shot the guitarist at least four times.

"I was up close to the stage and I just saw some guy run up on the side of the stage and I heard some shots and I saw (drummer) Vinnie Paul and somebody jumped on top of Vinnie, and the guy just stayed around the stage and started shooting other people," Caudill said.

"I saw wounded people all over the place, out in the parking lot, inside," he said. "It just didn't sound like gunshots or anything, it didn't occur to me that something like that was happening."

The attacker was shot. He deserved to die.
Old 12-09-2004, 04:46 PM   #11
DTM8
Regular User

Dimebag Darrell is an amazing guitarist who definitely knew what he was doing. RIP to the four people (not including gunman) who died in an unfortunate way.

Such a bad hit to true metal......

now I got to go listen to, "vulgar display of power"
DTM8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2004, 05:22 PM   #12
m3mys3lf4ndi
Regular User

its fuckin insane
Ive seen him this july at download festival at donington park
shame...

Originally Posted by DTM8
RIP to the four people (not including gunman) who died in an unfortunate way.

now I got to go listen to, "vulgar display of power"
i defienetly will...

m3mys3lf4ndi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2004, 11:25 PM   #13
nthfinity
Regular User

im still quite shocked... DBD was one of the few guitarists with real talent out there... i kept imagining that dimebag, vinnie, and zakk forming an uber metal band one day...

its amazing the support to the families from througout the rock and roll world. i think lars ulrich had some of the nicest things ive read yet.
http://www.metallica.com/index.asp?item=5623
a damageplan music video
http://wm.atlrec.com/damageplan/videos/explode_300.wmv
(click, save as doesnt work)

RIP dimebag
Old 12-10-2004, 01:59 AM   #14
DUNKiNUTS

PANTERA LIVES ON!!!!!

May he RIP :cry:
DUNKiNUTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2004, 09:24 AM   #15
heath
Regular User

RIP Dimebag, you've given inspiration to an entire generation of guitarists.

Your legacy will live on.

RIP.

Ronin005 wrote:
.....like in any other car community there is Stock, Modified and, HOLLY BATMAN. this falls under HOLLY BATMAN!!
heath is offline   Reply With Quote