Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > General Discussion > General Chat

General Chat General chat about anything that doesn't fit in another section here

Old 10-15-2004, 03:01 AM   #1
dingo
Regular User

Default fighting parking infringements (updated....help!)

I just went back to my parked car about 15mins ago and saw a parking ticket under the windshield wiper. It was in a free parking zone (for 1hr) and I had only been there for about 20mins.....so I was shocked and seeing red!!! :x
I didn't read the ticket properly at first so I didn't see what it was really for, so I hunted down the %$#$ who gave it too me and asked him what it was for. He told me I was facing in the wrong direction (its parallel bays along side the road), and said it was a hazard for oncoming cars.....BULLSHIT.
However I noticed that on the ticket he had put the wrong rego number....he switched the '8' and the '0'....so I think I can get away with it. IF I don't pay and they come looking for me they'll never match it to me since that isn't my rego number.....HAHA.
Anyone have any similar experience and can tell me whether I am right in assuming this?
Old 10-15-2004, 03:35 AM   #2
aks
Regular User

hahahahahhaa, sorry i got no experience with parkin tickets mate but i gotta say u found one hell of a smart ticketing officer!!! LOL

My Car: Alfa Romeo 147 2.0 Selespeed 5-Door (Black Exterior/Red Leather Interior/Sunroof/17 inch Alloys/Tinted Windows/Rear Parking Sensors)
aks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2004, 04:06 AM   #3
saadie
Regular User

lol .... cops sure are idiots ...
Old 10-15-2004, 04:08 AM   #4
dingo
Regular User

Originally Posted by saadie
lol .... cops sure are idiots ...
He wasn't a cop, they call them parking rangers.....they wear there uniform which is similar to cops to make themselves look important. I even told him that I picked up on a mistake on the ticket and he wanted to know what it was.....but I said NO!!!!
Old 10-15-2004, 04:49 AM   #5
aks
Regular User

He wasn't a cop, they call them parking rangers.....they wear there uniform which is similar to cops to make themselves look important. I even told him that I picked up on a mistake on the ticket and he wanted to know what it was.....but I said NO!!!!

LMAO!!! good on u! u shoulda stuck ur tongue out and said 'na na nee boo boo!'

My Car: Alfa Romeo 147 2.0 Selespeed 5-Door (Black Exterior/Red Leather Interior/Sunroof/17 inch Alloys/Tinted Windows/Rear Parking Sensors)
aks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2004, 08:00 AM   #6
dingo
Regular User

^ well I was thinking about it, but probably wouldn't have got me anywhere.
My only concern is that the next time he see's my car (since he is there everyday and I park there alot) he will notice the mistake and let the department know about it.....but I hope by then it wouldn't be legal anymore.
Old 10-15-2004, 09:10 AM   #7
RC45
Regular User

Originally Posted by dingo22
^ well I was thinking about it, but probably wouldn't have got me anywhere.
My only concern is that the next time he see's my car (since he is there everyday and I park there alot) he will notice the mistake and let the department know about it.....but I hope by then it wouldn't be legal anymore.
Are there cameras or videos in the area that could show your car facing the wrong way?

If not - take steps immediately to file a complaint - state that he threatened to "give you a ticket for no reason - because he can", tell them you come out and he had put a fake ticket on your "right-way" facing car.

Who knows - you might beat the rap trying to lie your way out.... or they may produce photos and catch you in the lie and have in jail before Christmas..
RC45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2004, 09:11 AM   #8
stracing
Regular User

i'm pretty sure legal documents cannot be amended unless he writes you a new one at time of offence. so even if you told him the correct plates. he can't do shit
stracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2004, 09:15 AM   #9
MadMax

I would think any attempt to alter a previously written ticket would be illegal ?

surely thats similar to a policeman tampering with evidence or something
Old 10-15-2004, 09:41 AM   #10
dingo
Regular User

Originally Posted by RC45
Are there cameras or videos in the area that could show your car facing the wrong way?

If not - take steps immediately to file a complaint - state that he threatened to "give you a ticket for no reason - because he can", tell them you come out and he had put a fake ticket on your "right-way" facing car.

Who knows - you might beat the rap trying to lie your way out.... or they may produce photos and catch you in the lie and have in jail before Christmas..
There are no cameras in the area at all....its actually a fairly quiet back street.
I don't think I'll start lying just yet, since I have 28days to pay before they can do anything....but I just won't do anything and see what happens.
Old 10-15-2004, 10:07 AM   #11
mindgam3
Regular User

i doubt its illegal to park "the wrong way" and even if it is, if he didnt put your reg on the car, they cant fine you, how are they going to send u a fine if your address isnt related to the reg on the ticket?
mindgam3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2004, 10:11 AM   #12
possessed_beaver
Regular User

i think you could of gotten away because of the licance plate,
there has been many cases with people (some i have knowen!) getting out of alot of things, speeding tickets, because the cop wrote am, not pm, wrong licance plates, wrong days, date.

thats all it can take sometimes, it is purley revenue raising, he ovisley was low on his quota so had to be a fuckhead and give you a ticket.
possessed_beaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2004, 01:07 PM   #13
jon_s
Regular User

Illegal to park facing the wrong way! Chirst, what a stupid law! Good to see that parking attendants are hates across the globe lol
jon_s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2004, 01:19 PM   #14
RC45
Regular User

Originally Posted by thamar
Second, filing a complaint like RC45 suggested can get you in even more trouble.
Good to know you live under a dictatorship where a citizen/resident is not allowed to report bad conduct..

Looks like corruption runs so deep in Belgie that it is an accepted way of life..

Originally Posted by thamar
They aren't going to doubt the guy that quickly and you can be charged instead by the guy for something they call here "theft of honor".
Wow - quite a country you live in, where fear of persocution (vs prosecution) keeps the citizenry in line..
RC45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2004, 01:20 PM   #15
TransAm
Regular User

Originally Posted by jon_s
Illegal to park facing the wrong way! Chirst, what a stupid law! Good to see that parking attendants are hates across the globe lol
Illegal just about everywhere but the UK, AFAIK, Jon.

Of course it is however illegal to park facing the wrong way on a one-way street in the UK...

Previous: 2003 Z4 3.0i SMG, 1995 Aprilia RS250
TransAm is offline   Reply With Quote