Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > General Discussion > Motorsport News And Discussion

Old 02-03-2005, 12:19 AM   #121
SPEEDCORE
Regular User

For being someone that goes to GP weekends everyyear, im against the 2 day GP weekends, as I go for as a holiday. It would go against the city hosting the event and having one extra day isnt going to effect costs compared to other ways of cost cutting.
SPEEDCORE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2005, 03:43 PM   #122
|Nuno|
Regular User

Default Trouble at Spa-Francorchamps

All is not well, again, in the world of Spa-Francorchamps' Belgian grand prix. An argument about money, according to a whisper, threatens to disrupt running of September's race in the green Ardennes.

In 2003, Spa lost its spot on the F1 calendar following a dispute about local anti-tobacco advertising. This time, though, it's reportedly the circuit promoter and the surrounding regions at loggerheads.

The F1 track winds through the towns of Malmedy and Stavelot -- and, according to an unofficial report, the respective mayors are arguing about their share of the race's ticket admission sales.

The parties will meet on 23 February.

From F1Racing.net
Old 02-11-2005, 03:48 PM   #123
gucom
Regular User

OMFG those mayors should STFU and enjoy all the tourists that visit their towns thanks to the circuit...
Old 02-12-2005, 04:09 PM   #124
|Nuno|
Regular User

BAR gearbox gets FIA approval

The FIA has approved BAR's innovative new gearbox system for use in 2005. There had been some concerns over whether the FIA would try to ban the gearbox under legislation prohibiting Continuously Variable Transmission (CVT). But BAR's solution does not constitute CVT.

Honda's engineering diretor Shuhei Nakatomo told Autosport, "We've been told by the FIA that everything is legal and there's nothing wrong with the gearbox."

The new gearbox minimises the loss of power the drivers endure as they change gear. The rules say there must be a break in power - which their is in the BAR gearbox.

From F1racing.net
Old 02-13-2005, 02:11 PM   #125
|Nuno|
Regular User

Ferrari, the FIA and the "rebels"

http://www.pitpass.com/fes_php/pitpass_feature_item.php
-----
Haha, funny guy... "Ferrari plays in a different set of rules".

I tought the FIA made the rules, not Stoddart... :roll:

And now, he also wants to take Max's position. You can read it here:

http://www.itv-f1.com/News_Article.aspx?PO_ID=32048

Mind you, I don't like Max but Stoddart for President? HELL NO.
-----

And the answer:

Max Mosley has laughed off speculation that Paul Stoddart could replace him as FIA president.

It was reported last week that disgruntled team bosses were considering running a candidate against Mosley in the next FIA presidential election.

Minardi boss Stoddart admitted he would be interested – but only if the governing body was restructured to allow one man to concentrate on Formula 1.

Mosley claims that this speculation has only arisen because Stoddart misinterpreted a joke made by Bernie Ecclestone in a team bosses meeting.

He said: “Where my rival got his idea is that in the meeting they were all complaining about me and Bernie said: ‘What we need to do is that someone needs to go up against him and I think it should be Paul.

“'I will get some T-shirts printed for Melbourne and they are going to have ‘Paul for president’ on the front and on the back they will have 'I know more about slowing the cars down than anyone else in F1.'

“This was Bernie and apparently Paul and one or two others in the meeting took it seriously. They didn't know he was taking the mickey, and the idea has grown in Paul's mind.”
Old 02-13-2005, 04:02 PM   #126
alexgee
Regular User

Originally Posted by |Nuno|

“'I will get some T-shirts printed for Melbourne and they are going to have ‘Paul for president’ on the front and on the back they will have 'I know more about slowing the cars down than anyone else in F1.'
hehe that's hilarious
Old 02-13-2005, 06:19 PM   #127
|Nuno|
Regular User

No Minardis in action in Melbourne?

It is possible that we will not see a Minardi in action at Melbourne. The team wants to start the season with a 2004 contender that conforms to 2005 safety standards but not to 2005's technical regulations.

The Minardi team has spent all of its budget building the 2005 contender which will not be ready until the San Marino Grand Prix and, because of this, the team would have to race in the first three races of the season in the PS04B. To do so the other nine teams would have to agree that Minardi would race a car that doesn't comply to the 2005 technical regulations. Eight teams have already agreed. The only team that hasn't yet is Ferrari.

"All of the F1 teams (with the exception of Ferrari) have supported us. We believe the cars will be running to legal regulations. If Ferrari and the FIA wish to make an issue of this then it is up to them," Stoddart told to Autosport.

FIA-President Max Mosley was clear though: "If there was no prior agreement and Minardi presented to us the 2004 car, which would be illegal under the current regulations. So the scrutineers would not put a sticker on it and it would never go out of the pit lane in Australia."

Stoddart replied to that: "We say the cars do comply and if the scrutineers say no then we would protest, and I would be surprised if we were not allowed to race under protest."
------------------------
So, Ferrari is the one that plays in a different set of rules, huh?

Ah, sweet revenge...
Old 02-14-2005, 06:37 AM   #128
SPEEDCORE
Regular User

Rules are Rules.
SPEEDCORE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2005, 02:46 AM   #129
dons5
Regular User

I wonder why BAR say they think they got better upshifts then the Ferrari but not as good downshifts, i guess Ferraris gearbox has a very good downshift? how would the BAR guys know what Ferraris downshift is like, it baffles me how these guys no so many specific things based just probably on sounds.
Old 02-15-2005, 04:29 AM   #130
saadie
Regular User

^^ i guess the teams live togather .. in a way ......
e.g the concorde agreement .......
Old 02-15-2005, 04:37 AM   #131
dons5
Regular User

lol
Old 02-15-2005, 09:22 AM   #132
mindgam3
Regular User

Originally Posted by dons5
I wonder why BAR say they think they got better upshifts then the Ferrari but not as good downshifts, i guess Ferraris gearbox has a very good downshift? how would the BAR guys know what Ferraris downshift is like, it baffles me how these guys no so many specific things based just probably on sounds.
because they analyse the engine sounds at the side of the track using sensitive mics and complicated software.

Sound waves are basically pressure waves. The varying pressure waves depend on various aspects of the engine and how the pressure waves flow through the inlet/outlet valves etc and hence F1 engineers can tell many thing just from analysing the engine sound such as V angle and power.....
mindgam3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2005, 10:09 PM   #133
dons5
Regular User

i know that but it jus still amazes me, I wonder i what way are Ferrari's downshifts better. Faster? smoother therefore less disturbing the balance? its so cool all this technical stuff
Old 03-28-2005, 01:57 AM   #134
Toronto
Regular User

"Juan Pablo Montoya may miss this weekends Bahraini Grand Prix after sustaining a shoulder injury on Saturday"

http://www.f1central.net/news/articl...ain?/view.html

he must really suck at tennis, hey now that is two things
Old 03-28-2005, 02:04 AM   #135
Toronto
Regular User

^^^ sorry about that my internet fucked up, had to click back didn't know it posted it the first time, isn't that how it always happens :roll: