Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > General Discussion > General Chat

General Chat General chat about anything that doesn't fit in another section here

Old 12-07-2004, 08:21 AM   #31
rob_e1
Regular User

Originally Posted by topgeartom
Originally Posted by rob_e1
..and why no news of their 200mph esprit project
someone asked him a question about that - here is his reply:

was this ona previous Fifthgear episode? i havent heard anything about it.
yep, was on last week (very briefly) they are going to modify a v8 esprit to crack 200mph.

just realised i know the guy who asked that question.. lol.
rob_e1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2004, 08:22 AM   #32
rob_e1
Regular User

Originally Posted by jon_s
Originally Posted by rob_e1
..and why no news of their 200mph esprit project
YES!! I was looking forward to that! p.s have you seen the latest EVO? They review it as a second hand buy.
Yep, got it already the car they feature belongs to a friend of mine.. one of the FOUR esprits he owns..
rob_e1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2004, 08:37 AM   #33
possessed_beaver
Regular User

Originally Posted by DeMoN
Did someone asked what was the deal between him and Jeremy?
dw demon i know the answer, tiff is awsome and jeremy is a tool who is biast against british cars, despite the german and rest of the world making much better cars.
possessed_beaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2004, 08:46 AM   #34
topgeartom
Regular User

Thanks for all your comments - it still doesnt seem like i managed to chat to THE Tiff!

Some of the question suggestions are piss funny, but i think they did have some sort of filter, you typed in your question and then about 5 minutes later it came up - so i presume they filtered through them and put to Tiff the ones that werent just "wot car u got" and "Do u fancy Vicky cos she is well fit"

I hope they dont edit the transcript because there were quite a few jibes at Clarkson. I think the two are friends but from what i can remember of the old TG episodes, the two have very different characters. Someone asked him if he was jelous of Clarkson getting a GT - especially after driving one(next weeks episode) and he said "Me...Jealous???" I also remember him reffering to tiff as "talentless curly haired git" at some point throughout the chat!

You cant beat a little bit of rivalry!
Old 12-07-2004, 10:41 PM   #35
Ill Dottore
Regular User

Lucky guy... I was prepared for this chat but i had to do other things and i missed it

Cheers!

Ill Dottore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2004, 02:42 AM   #36
yg60m
Regular User

Default Re: I just spoke to Tiff Needel...

Originally Posted by TT
Originally Posted by topgeartom
...It's true!!!!

I'm sure anyone who watched this weeks episode will confirm that five did indeed host a web chat with tiff. I jumped to the fifth gear website and registered as fast as i could - anyway, i posted my question and here is the proof - Tiff replied as well - even though he did say that he doesnt like xk8's!

It seems wierd that i spoke to one of the biggest car reporters and best drivers on TV today.
HAHA, you lucky! Did you tell him to come here and download the episode in a couple of hours?
Do you think he would have access ?
yg60m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2004, 03:14 AM   #37
mclaren_Gt
Regular User

oooooooo waw really cool

you are look man, thanks for the indeed
very nice
Old 12-09-2004, 12:18 PM   #38
topgeartom
Regular User

Here is the transcript from the entire chat:

DaveEmerson
Why don't insurance companies charge a major excess for cars/SUV's with bullbars? Surely the pedestrian personal injury claims are higher?
Tiff
Aren't bullbars illegal in this country? I could be wrong
Can I please ask Tiff what the Fifth Gear response to the recent berating they received in the GLASS (Green Lane Assoc.) Press release is, regarding the utterly idiotic way the lane was treated in the making of the article on the new Discovery?
Tiff
I ve been out of the country for a week!
Moderator Please email [email protected] who will contact Five Press office to respond.
cheeky_chops
Hi Tiff, you ran the new Lotus Elise 111R v VXT220 last series and it was very close! Any plans to run the track day specials - Exige II v VXR220? Have you driven them yet, thoughts?
Tiff
Now that sounds like a good idea to me watch this space
manpaal
what do you think of the Pagani Zonda to its rivals?
Tiff
To me at the moment it is the trend setting super car at the moment it's gorgeous!
Reinard
Hello Tiff. My dad is looking for a GT/sports car. But he is looking for something just a little bit different and special, he is considering a Renault Alpine A610. Any thoughts on that?
Tiff
One of the most under rated cars that I ve ever driven they never sold many but it's a pretty impressive machine
asmidir
Tiff, surely a radical or Caterham superlight evo would have 'monstered' that Ducatti just as easily?
Tiff
Perhaps but radical is more racing than a Mosler my guide is if you need to wear as helmet to drive it than it's not a road car
manpaal
Tiff, aren't you bored of Ferrari? I am
Tiff
There has been a bit of a run of new Ferrari's recently, I m only interested in mid-engined ones the latest has been worth waiting for
euphoria
Hey Tiff, any chance of a F430 vs. Gallardo vs. DB9 anytime soon? Plus can Fifth Gear please go to 60mins, 30mins isn't enough !! AAAAAAAAH. Thanks.
Tiff
If you knew how hard it would to get the manufacturers to agree to that but I'll still try!!! We'd love but it's all about budgets, and that curly haired git has got more than us
jezf
Tiff. The LCD panels above motorways that display speed figures in times of heavy traffic or queues etc....are these recommended speeds only, or can you get done by a speed camera at these speeds?
Tiff
These are definitely speed limits! And you can get nicked there a load of b*****ks but someone thinks they're good idea
grahamhar
Tiff, how raw was the Mosler compared to say a Lotus Elise?
Tiff
I was mightily impressed with it, and it's way more of a grunt car than the lotus products
Dionysos
Now you went complete road legal race car... Is it not fairer to compare a race prepped road legal bike round the circuit?
Tiff
But isn't that same Ducatti raced in Supersports, same as the Mosler is in GT's
steph121
Tiff, what do you think is the best production car at the moment?
Tiff
As you haven't given me any specific area I'd pick the Pagani Zonda
topgeartom
i Tiff, I'm a massive fan of yours, I just wondered what you thought of the Jag xk8 - I really haven t seen many reviews about it. Ohh..and are you a Ferrari or a Porsche man? :
Tiff
I have to confess I haven't driven the XK8 yet, it's never done much for me the shape is getting tried now, gimme a M5 anyday!! I'm a Ferrari and a Porsche man, the Ferrari for the weekends!
Dionysos
What are your thoughts for drift clubs? These are growing in popularity, but rarely have TV coverage. As a drift merchant yourself, I thought this might appeal to you too...
Tiff
We actually filmed it when it first kicked started the more it grows the more likely will show it again
Dionysos
And will you be driving in next year's LeMans?
Tiff
Only if someone really nice asks me to
Gshocl
Tiff, another great Fifth Gear! - How come Jason got to drive the 430?!? - and he bought one! - do you think he made the right decision?
Tiff
I was out of the country, Vickki suddenly had to be else where so Plato lucked in, and yes it's my dream too!
vonze15
hi tiff, I m 21 and I m considering buying a new car, I have £8000 what would you recommend? I would like something quick ish (my quick is 0-60 8-0sec) reasonably practical
Tiff
I'm sorry haven't got time to scroll for prices right now, buy a load of mags sit down for the weekend I'm sure you'll find something!
Dionysos
Tiff, Ferrari 430 or the Giardo?
Tiff
430, 430, 430.
Tiff, I'm seriously considering a vx220 turbo as my next sports car - have you driven it, and if so, any thoughts?
Tiff
Yes, I've driven it on Fifth Gear, as you missed it, and the Lotus 111R was better - but not my much
SLY007
What was it like to test drive the new Ford GT?
Tiff
Much better than I expected but you'll have to till next week for the whole story
Dravid
what s your favourite "muscle car"?
Tiff
The problem is I'm not a real muscle car fan I'm a hi-tech, hi-revving, V10 - V12 kind of guy
Hot2burn
Do you still keep in touch with Jeremy Clarkson and ever chat to the new Top Gear presenters?
Tiff
Having spent 4 days MPH 04 with the big one and little one it was hard to avoid them - and we had a lot of laughs
Thexs
When you are testing a car and fry the tyres, do you have to put a new set on before you give it back?
Tiff
If I had to I think I'd lost money being a TV presenter It's one of the best perks of the business
dangerous
tiff why not try putting go-karts on test track against some of your super cars to show what they are like to give people an idea about speed of this sport
Tiff
The problem with things like that is that it's the type of track that would decide the winner and in any case the ultimate speed isn't essential it's the spectacle that counts- it's no good being quick if it doesn't look quick
christimson
Tiff, Have you driven a Honda powered Elise? I drove one recently and it was stunning compared to a standard one. There seem to be a few companies now doing the conversions.
Tiff
Are you talking the new Toyota 111R or do you mean some Honda hybrid in which case I've never driven one?
Tiff what s the best sounding car you ever been in, tonight shoot out car was rather nice?
Tiff
The Mosler a bit too muscle car for me, still brilliant but no where as good as a V12 BMW in the back of a MacClaren F1
f0rdf0cus
What would u say is the best car of the year you have driven, also one which is affordable to joe public ..... ??
Tiff
If it's a hatchback I'd go Honda Civic R for a budget sports car you can't bet a MX5 but you got more cash I'd take the Elise 111R... or a BMW M5 or a Porsche 911, or Ferrari 430 depends how what money league you re in
peter_england99
Tiff, How are you getting on with the Lotus Esprit 200mph project?
Tiff
Err... we're still looking for decent gear box...
Mikkos
Tiff, what is your opinion about the DVLA's £4.50 charge per VED & SORN declaration? this includes tax-exempt vehicles!
Tiff
Don't know anything about it, I'm not up to date on this but sounds like another way to rip off the old motorists
Tiff Can you please tell me when fifth gear is going to do a report on the new BMW Mini and all the current faults that are happening to there gearboxes and clutches?
Tiff
Now there's a story that I haven't heard of, we'll get on to it, send in the details to the [email protected]
turpy
Hey Tiff, not sure if you got my first message because I've just got the welcome message, if you didn t here it is again, if you did I m sorry!! :: I currently drive a 03 Clio dynamique (entry level in the Clio sport range) but am looking to buy a new car in the New Year; I m looking at MG ZR, Alfa 147 or Honda Civic Type-R!!! What would you recommend? Good or bad points or alternatives? Cheers
Tiff
I'm a big fan of the Honda Civic Type-R!!! - look no further!
The
Tiff. just joined the room and you may have already been asked but are you a bit jealous that Clarkson has bought the GT40?
Tiff
Jealous me!! It's not too much fun on the road and he needs a track the size of an air field for his limited driving talent!!
Andpi
Tiff, Jason has just driven the new F430 Ferrari, have you tried it yet? It looked fantastic, what is your view on F1 shift or manual and how would everyday driving be in one?
Tiff
Because I missed the test I haven't driven one yet, mine would have to be a manual it's half the satisfaction of driven I need to be in complete control
Amos4
Hi Tiff just wondered if you have driven the A3 3.2 Quattro if so what do you think + Top Gear did a test on the new golf and tried to do a comparison between new and old, surely it would make for more interesting TV to put all the GTI's around the track and compare times. I would love to see the results as I ve owned all but the mark 5.
Jab1
Tiff Why don't the UK car magazines publish internal noise db figures like the American magazines at say 50, 70 and 90 mph
Tiff
I didn't know they did sounds like a good idea to me
Mode3t
Tiff, what's been the best car you've driving around the test track?
Tiff
I suppose on our test track the Noble M12 takes some beating
JB7
Tiff, your laps in the Mosler looked good but with BIG slides out past the kerbs onto the netting in some places without any noticeable changes in the cars attitude. Was that down to the car being able to cope well with changeable surfaces or is there just as much grip out past the kerb?
Tiff
It is amazing how much grip that plastic matting gives, but it's on the exit and not mid corner so you don't feel it too much but you do loose some traction, unless your in a Grand Prix car then it's full throttle and let the car do it for you
christimson
Tiff, Do you still race in any series?
Tiff
Sadly not, I just pick up the odd drive here and there, and I still enjoy every minute of it - in fact I won my last race at Brands Hatch only a month ago
paulf2004
I wanted to ask, have you considered doing a crash test on after market dual fuel cars? Are after market conversations as safe as manufactures cars or are they time bombs?
Tiff
From what I've seen of the industry it all looks pretty solid to me as they have to pass regulations to allowed to put them on the road
hairnet600
Tiff, you and Vicki went to a track day on bikes, would you do that on the Fifth Gear track?
Tiff
Anglesey looks real hard work on a bike to me, I'll keep my biking for somewhere a bit safer
theproff
Tiff, some advise on driving if you don t mind. I have a shogun LWB and it is dreadful in wet weather, is there anywhere one can learn how to control skids, and learn the ropes basically, I live in the north east, Newcastle area, thanks
Tiff
Control skids in a Shogun!! Most 4x4's simply fly off the road when the limit is reached and there's not much you can do about it, but it's well worth getting to your nearest race track and seeing what they have to offer
Timi
Tiff, what would you recommend as a great first time car?
Tiff
Anything with rear wheel drive,
Barton
what about the new Evo FQ-400? - immense
Tiff
I think FQ sums it all up!! it really is bloody quick!
SLY007
Do you and the rest of the presenters ever have arguments on car related subjects?
Tiff
Always.
hughsey
I'm on the Project team for the new Jag and the shape is beautiful!!! Have you seen it yet, looks very similar to the DB9, not a bad thing at all
Tiff
Sounds tempting I can't wait...
tetrapetaloude
I know the Honda CTR has the best gear box- engine package of all hot hatches. But the Clio 182 Cup is said to be the most fluent and rewarding in aggressive driving. What do you think Tiff?
Tiff
I think your wrong, you put the
Spriteman
Hey Tiff, you always look like you're having loadsa fun throwing cars around. Can you suggest an affordable way of getting into some of that fun without breaking the bank on a super car and hours on the track. Legally, of course.
Tiff
Go look for as friendly farmer with a field, there are activities organised on some air fields to.
Tiff
Thanks for all your posts enjoy the Ford GT next week, and Happy Christmas!! - and here's hoping we can bring more of what you want in the Spring of next year!!

Chat transcript - Monday 25th October

nudgy
what track do you use to test the cars

Tiff
The Anglesey Race Track, short but challenging, a proper race track.

lolo2
Tiff great show! After driving the 911 what's your favourite Porsche & why?
Tiff
Probably a GT3 has the right balance power and grip

rbanjo
Hi Tiff. Great program as usual. What does the new Porsche 911 look like - whose idea was it to use a convex lens on the camera.. or has my TV turned into a light bulb?
Tiff (
I leave the arty stuff to the directors I do the driving but I though it gave a good effect

Andy
Are you racing this year?
Tiff
I did 4 races in historic cars 3 at Goodwood, and the 1 at Brands where I won in a DBR4!

Gian
Tiff do you think the Toyota engined Elise is better than the k series?

Tiff
You re just not watching Fifth Gear often enough are you? Yes the Toyota is the answer as you should seen when I beat the VX220 in a shoot out

T0oC0ol
Are you going to be reviewing the 2005 STI Impreza?
Tiff
It's not planned short term but I'm sure it will be coming sometime in the future

gringo_steve
Tiff....you re a driving demon. How do you rate the Civic Type-R to other hot hatches on the market, namely the Focus RS, and Cupra-R....
Tiff
More viewers who obviously not watching often enough or you have seen the Type-R bet the Focus RS, it is still my favourite hot-hatch

Gen
have you ever used the track at pendine?
Tiff
I think you'll find that it's a beach not a proper racing track

KAKAtie
What is your honest opinion of MG-Rover cars? Are they really as bad as people think they are? PS I drive an MG ZR105
Tiff
There generally good cars but worry about where the company is going

Andy
How come you didn't take part in the Sideways Challenge this year?
Tiff
Sadly I was too busy filming that day

chaf
Is super unleaded better than normal unleaded
Tiff?
High performance cars you get a better performance but it's pretty marginal

Gian
As an idea for the show, how about getting viewers to bring their cars to the track you use and you drive them to see best lap times?
Tiff
I like the idea but the insurers aren t so sure!!

dpc1
Tiff, what do you think of the Toyota PAseo Convertible
Tiff I don't know I've never driven one!

celt70
Hi Tiff, what has been your favourite car you have driven in the series so far?
Tiff
tonight's Porsche 911

richard_m
hi Tiff, what did you make of Mr Plato's performances in this season's BTCC. Do you think SEAT has a good chance of the title next year?
Tiff
Plato's the man for the job!!

gringo_steve
If you could give one tip for improving driving skill...what would it be?
Tiff
Smooth out everything you do a bit smoother..

milo22
Will you be co-presenting Mph again this year? Enjoyed you drifting the 350z in the last show.
Tiff
Yes I'll be there doing my best to keep Jeremy under control

chaf
Tiff based on your program you made today. I wanted to know if you know anything about unleaded and super unleaded. I normally use super unleaded as I think it is better for economy. Please give me your views
Tiff Not sure it does anything for economy; I believe its performance thing for engines tuned especially to use it

rascaltrousers
Very interesting programme tonight Tiff. I was surprised by the results between the bike & the car. I am a very keen biker, but was surprised - I thought the extra grip around corners would have weighed heavily in the car's favour. Why do you think this didn't happen?
Tiff
We are still trying to work it out ourselves but it looks like the sheer acceleration out of turns that gave it the edge

RobertshawRacing
I was racing at Brands in the John Cooper Challenge....I seen your name on the programme but I didn t recognise your helmet in the car???
Tiff
That's possibly because it was a two driver race, Tom Alexander started the race in a green helmet, and then the orange blob raced on.

Bob1
If you could only do one category of racing this year, from either historic or a modern formula, which would you choose?
Tiff
For me the British GT is still the sort of racing I'd like to do

ed33
hi Tiff can you tell me what happened with you and the gang and jezza
Tiff
It's a long story... but basically Jezza left Top Gear we carried on the BBC took Top Gear off we made Fifth Gear so BBC had to persuade Jezza to come back

Andy
Have you got any races coming up?
Tiff
No more this year but always open to offers

Nijee
Tiff - do you and Nigel M get on now - has the past incidents been forgotten?
Tiff
Happily yes, I met him at his golf club and I've been forgiven not that I thought that I'd done anything wrong

TopBear
So does the bike still reign supreme in the shoot out, or is there a surprise in store?
Tiff
You'll just have to keep watching to find out

Ned1
on the test you did on TV just now. I have a old big diesel that goes 0-60 10 secs and 125 mph and I drive it like that and I get 45 to the gall.. why are new cars petrol and diesel so slow yet they have more power etc..??
Tiff
I think you'll find diesels are better than they've ever been, you re obviously got something very special

MarkT
Tiff - I'm thinking of buying a Honda S2000 - how do you rate them as a drivers car?
Tiff
Well Vicki's got one so they can't be all bad but you do have to get the rev's singing to get any real action

T0oC0ol
Evo or Impreza? Or what other car for similar money (i.e 20-30 k)
Tiff
I can't remember which I am at the moment used to be Scooby but is now Evo I think it's hard to keep up with the ever changing scene

Bime
Tiff, tell me your thoughts on Jaguars future? I work there as apprentice technician, and would like your opinion on where the company is going.
Tiff
Hopefully to a home which will appreciate exactly how much your team has to offer but it looks like a very tough situation

lola1
Hi Tiff, How'd you get the cars for the show? Is it just a case of phoning and asking or do they want to know what you're going to do with them first (e.g. the Lambo tonight)
Tiff
Manufactures try to find out what we're doing with the cars and we try not to say but at least if I'm driving they'll know they'll need new tyres!

dpc1
What would you say is the best small roadster on the road today?
Tiff
It's still too close call between the BMW Z4 and the Porsche Boxter and I haven't tried the new Boxter yet

Yamo
Are there plans to make the show an hour long? Half an hour with an ad break in the middle doesn't seem long enough. Surely there s enough interest in a decent length car show without the stupid stunts other shows seem to fill time with?
Tiff
We'd love to do it, it's all a question of persuading Five to give us more air time more viewers = more time

wildcat1
Tiff what do you think about Vauxhall omega's but a highly modified one.
Tiff
Yes sounds good to me!

bonheur2
Tiff - do you own a Cayenne / is it better than a Range Rover (new model)?
Tiff
I don't own either, but I'd definitely pick the Porsche, BMW, and Mercedes ahead of the Range Rover

Webbo
have you thought about switching personal daily transport cars with other presenters for the day and reporting on each other's mode of transport?
Tiff
Would you swap a BMW for a Seat Jason can keep his wheels but I wouldn't mind Vicki's Honda for a sunny weekend?

nudgy
do you do much racing now Tiff
Tiff
yes still racing I'll never use the retire word!

milo22
What do you think of the emerging UK drift scene? What you think of the sport? Would you agree that it s a good way of improving driving skills?
Tiff
As one of the originators of the Drift it's the only way to go

Slider
Do you watch Top Gear any more, and if so, how much do you miss working with Jeremy?
Tiff
I tend to fast forward through most of it and have always enjoyed working with Jeremy

Branstontang
Will you be doing any more videos about driving?
Tiff
There's always a chance it's a question of getting time to put it together

dpc1
What do you think about importing cars from Japan?
Tiff
As long as you re careful you can come up with a bargain, just remembering that it might be harder to sell on

Evo_Addict
Tiff, I current have an Evo 8 which give incredible performance from a 2 litre engine. Mitsubishi have now brought out a 340BHP version. Can a 2 litre really be reliable when tuned to this level? And more importantly - are you testing the Evo VIII 340 in this series??
Tiff
More power usually means more frequent servicing as long as that's done there shouldn't be any problems I don't think we've got the new Evo 8 this series maybe next

Tino
Tiff, in the fuel economy program tonight was the extra cost of the diesel factored in to the results?
Tiff
No there is only 1p difference in price we were interested in how far away from the claim figures they were

MGMidget
Tiff, enjoyed the 911's. Did I see you in Bogey's on Saturday. It has been driving me mad, I thought it was you, but didn't want to make a fool of myself. Didn't expect to see a star on the Isle of Wight...
Tiff
Too true I was there doing some TV coverage of the Thundercat racing

miketate
Tiff, I am a competitor at a speed hill climb, based near Leeds at a track called Harewood Hillclimb. I would be interested to know if you would consider coming to a meeting of ours next year, do some filming and also some competing, what do you think?
Tiff
Find me the car and send the idea through to Five and I'll do my best to get there!

The_Pez
Tiff. Have you even taken part in the Gumball Rally? If so, what car did you use?
Tiff
I'm not sure whether the Gumball thing is for me, glitz, glamour and just going fast in a straight line isn't my thing really

Slider
Why do car makers like Ferrari / Mercedes insist that you test their super cars with traction control ON! Why won't they let jurnos let you play?
Tiff
I can only assume it's the insurers raising their ugly heads, if you can't play conkers will what chance of them letting you have fun in a super car

Mik2
Hi, I am 14 years old and interested in getting into motoring journalism, although poor sight might stop me, I need feedback on some stuff I have written. Could you please take a look and see if I have any talent?
Tiff Send it to [email protected] and I'll try and take a look
Amos
Hi Tiff! What do you make of modern diesels? and in particular the Fabia Vrs you drove in the last series? Thanks
Tiff
Sadly they're still diesels you can see black smoke and smell it, and tell me why do most diesels exhaust pipes bend down to the ground if they're so clean?
magna
Did you drive the carrera as opposed to the s? If so what are your views on how they compare, is it worth spending the extra?
Tiff
Ours is the S whether it's worth it depends how you want your 911 to be

RivieraGuy
Tiff I am hoping to buy a 2-3 year 911 - should I go for 2 0r 4 wheel drive?
Tiff
Always the 2 wheel drive why waste fuel carrying the extra around now especially with the traction control

Trist
Tiff I presume you own a car. Do you mind me asking what?
Tiff
The family car is a ML320 Merc, and no it doesn't do any off roading!

elviscat
The F1, powerboat & bike shootout was incredible, I was amazed at the speed Jenson pulled away from the bike, although it was an F1 car, cars finally had their day against the bikes. lol
Tiff
Yes but the bikes got they're own one back tonight!!

Rudg1
Don't you think that all the motoring programs spend too much time on the cars that most of us will never own?
Tiff
Not really, would you rather live in a world of fantasy or reality, we do try and keep our feet on the ground as we did with tonight's economy car item

Hi, I am 14 years old and interested in getting into motoring journalism, although poor sight might stop me, I need feedback on some stuff I have written. Could you please take a look and see if I have any talent?
Tiff
Send it to [email protected] and I'll try and take a look

Sar1
Hi Tiff! What do you make of modern diesels? and in particular the Fabia Vrs you drove in the last series? Thanks
Tiff
Sadly they're still diesels you can see black smoke and smell it, and tell me why do most diesels exhaust pipes bend down to the ground if they're so clean?

magna
Did you drive the carrera as opposed to the s? If so what are your views on how they compare, is it worth spending the extra?
Tiff
Ours is the S whether it's worth it depends how you want your 911 to be

RivieraGuy
Tiff i am hoping to buy a 2-3 year 911 - should I go for 2 0r 4 wheel drive?
Tiff
Always the 2 wheel drive why waste fuel carrying the extra around now especially with the traction control

Colo2b
Tiff I presume you own a car. Do you mind me asking what?
Tiff
The family car is a ML320 Merc, and no it doesn't do any off roading!
elviscat
The F1, powerboat & bike shootout was incredible, I was amazed at the speed Jenson pulled away from the bike, although it was an F1 car, cars finally had their day against the bikes. lol
Tiff
Yes but the bikes got they're own one back tonight!!
Don't you think that all the motoring programs spend too much time on the cars that most of us will never own ?
Tiff
Not really, would you rather live in a world of fantasy or reality, we do try and keep our feet on the ground as we did with tonight's economy car item

Tiff
Keep posting on the all car forums because we do take notice and we like to know think of us and that other program, great to chat tonight keep watching Tiff.
Old 12-09-2004, 12:22 PM   #39
mclaren_Gt
Regular User

o thanks mate, very nice

you are a luck man
Old 12-09-2004, 12:32 PM   #40
Anonymous

Hey Tiff, any chance of a F430 vs. Gallardo vs. DB9 anytime soon? Plus can Fifth Gear please go to 60mins, 30mins isn't enough !! AAAAAAAAH. Thanks.
Tiff
If you knew how hard it would to get the manufacturers to agree to that but I'll still try!!! We'd love but it's all about budgets, and that curly haired git has got more than us
LMAO curly haired git...... i think they still get on really...... remember stars in fast cars
Old 12-09-2004, 12:47 PM   #41
possessed_beaver
Regular User

sweet mate, looks like it was indeed a very intresting chat session, and to think tiff was there answering questions :'(
possessed_beaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2004, 01:02 PM   #42
bmwmpower
Regular User

cool - lucky man
bmwmpower is offline   Reply With Quote