Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Hobbies and Leisure Time > Computers, Consoles, Gadgets And Gizmos

Old 05-03-2005, 02:06 AM   #1
cateye
Regular User

Default Admin rights in WIN XP Sp2?

Hi
I am using windows xp sp 2 I have turn on the guest account n make another account which is basically an ADMIN account. Is there any way I can restrict guest account

1st

Not to open folders in C:\ drive
Or
Cant access to c:\ drive
Or
Cant access few software’s point out up by me.

2nd

Guest can surf internet but they cant download from internet is there any way I can allow them to download from internet?

3rd

Is there any way I can point out any software’s not to run by any other user/guest but only run for ADMIN account.

thanks.
Old 05-03-2005, 03:51 PM   #2
DeMoN
Regular User

The hard way is using services provided in Admin Tools found on control panel, the easy way is....

Instead of making a guest accnt, make a normal one and call it Normal or whatever. That accnt will be able to surf the web, dload stuff, and install too... Now, all you need to do is limit some functions and for that, you should get a software. I remember in school they used to use ChildLock... Browse the web and Im sure ull find something that fits your needs.
Old 05-05-2005, 10:51 AM   #3
cateye
Regular User

Originally Posted by DeMoN
The hard way is using services provided in Admin Tools found on control panel, the easy way is....

Instead of making a guest accnt, make a normal one and call it Normal or whatever. That accnt will be able to surf the web, dload stuff, and install too... Now, all you need to do is limit some functions and for that, you should get a software. I remember in school they used to use ChildLock... Browse the web and Im sure ull find something that fits your needs.
can u plz tell me commands given in admin tools

thnaks in advance
Old 05-05-2005, 12:58 PM   #4
DeMoN
Regular User

I just helped you out on the other thread you started... I would like to help you more, but given that you Joined: 28 Dec 2003 and only have 25 posts... I dont think you are worth my time. I guess you are busy enough with WWW.WCCFORUMS.COM so maybe you should ask there. We are car fanatics here, not troll helpers.
Old 05-05-2005, 02:35 PM   #5
cateye
Regular User

ouch that hurts ... And I am more active there because few of my friends made those forums. And we were the first few members who joined those forums.. And frankly I don’t think that jabba or tt like if I start spamming.
Old 05-05-2005, 03:53 PM   #6
Anile8er
Regular User

Originally Posted by DeMoN
I just helped you out on the other thread you started... I would like to help you more, but given that you Joined: 28 Dec 2003 and only have 25 posts... I dont think you are worth my time.
pwnd..... lol
********* w00t!*********

what what WHAT!! no no no FUCK U!!!!!

p.s. Whysukit when u can fuck it?
Anile8er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2005, 08:20 PM   #7
DeMoN
Regular User

I can understand you not comming here as often as I, or many others, do... but man 2003... we are in 2005... 27 posts in this amount of time, that just doesnt seem you even tried.

You are correct in assuming Jabba or TT would not like it if you start spammin... neither will Dan\/6 who is another admin but due to your 27 posts, I guess you are not aware of.

Let me ask you one thing, why did you join JW? Do you like cars at all or did you just not have anything better to do the day you found this site?

At least you got yourself an avatar now... thats a start...
Old 05-06-2005, 11:46 AM   #8
cateye
Regular User

bro alomst every day i visit jabba and look at active topics and about avatar so you happy now ? as for your question about 2003 .. actually 1 day i was surfing net and i found this site .. so got my self registered ... then in 2004 i got a lil busy in my studies was in my last semester of MBA . so i forgot about jabba and then 1 day was looking in
my Favorites and found this site again .
BTW how old Jabbaswolrd is ? and who made this site ?
Old 05-06-2005, 02:10 PM   #9
5vz-fe
Regular User

Originally Posted by cateye
bro alomst every day i visit jabba and look at active topics and about avatar so you happy now ? as for your question about 2003 .. actually 1 day i was surfing net and i found this site .. so got my self registered ... then in 2004 i got a lil busy in my studies was in my last semester of MBA . so i forgot about jabba and then 1 day was looking in
my Favorites and found this site again .
BTW how old Jabbaswolrd is ? and who made this site ?
ummmmm........Mr. World
Old 05-06-2005, 10:30 PM   #10
styla21
Regular User

Dude, i don't know why you are getting a tough time here. Perhaps try your techy question on a more computer related forum, if you're not getting the right info here. But i welcome you to hang around and get involved here too :fadein:
Old 05-07-2005, 01:11 AM   #11
DeMoN
Regular User

Jabba owns the site, he registered it and he pays for the bandwidth... he is our daddy (father of this community). He also registered jabbasworld.com and files are hosted on both sites.

He is quite busy for now, he has been like that for a while so he isnt to be seen often now. Before, he would post a LOT, so much in fact, that he had some issues with his finger which he had to get taken care of and I hope its back to normal now.