Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > General Discussion > Motorsport News And Discussion

Old 08-27-2003, 06:08 PM   #61
Jabba
Regular User

Schumacher was my favourite driver right from when he was with Jordan...and well Ferrari is formula one to me....so togeather it was a dream come true....
Jabba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2003, 06:09 PM   #62
SFDMALEX
Regular User

I'd wathc F1 even if ferrari was performing like Minardi. And I am a ferrari fan, not a drivers fan, I watch F1 for the cars, not for the drivers. Maybe if there is going to be a Ukrainian driver in F1, then I would be a drivers fan.
SFDMALEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2003, 06:18 PM   #63
draak666
Regular User

The thing with Schumacher is that he's so bloody perfect. He drives perfect laps, he behaves perfectly. He's so freakin' clean. That's why I like 'rebels' like Montoya and Villeneuve to lighten things up a bit from time to time. I wish Villeneuve got a chance to drive a competitive car again, he's got a fine attitude IMO.
draak666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2003, 06:24 PM   #64
Jabba
Regular User

Originally Posted by draak666
The thing with Schumacher is that he's so bloody perfect. He drives perfect laps
Yes thats why I admire him so much...and dont kid yourself...he is very capable of playing dirty when he has to...I think he wrote the book on on some of the more "creative" moves....
Jabba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2003, 06:30 PM   #65
SFDMALEX
Regular User

I like Kimi, he's so young and so bloody good. He got big balls, last year when all the Hondas blew up in smoke at Spa on top of Eau Rouge kimi went through the smoke without even lifting his foot of the throttle.

Montoya- I dont like him. Dont like his attitude. Did you see the video of him almost beating the shit out of a camera guy because he accidently hit him with his camera? He was cursing at the guy like a mad man. Plus I personaly think that he cant race, he can qualify but he cant race. He's a pure hot lapper, who doesnt know how to manage his tires or brakes. Just my honest oppinoin.

Villnuve- Has a huge ass mouth talks to much and doesnt do crap all. Put him in a renault and he will still suck. He makes way to many mistakes.

Webber- I like webber alot. He's a cool fast guy. No bullshit, doesnt talk trash, and looks like an educated man.

Rubino- He's cool also, real team guy(maybe to much).

Alonso- another new tallent. Behaves good, and got talent.

Shcumaher- Cold and perfect. Doesnt smile much and looks "mean" 24/7. But gotta give him credit. The guy is amazing. Drivers like a computer. If he had the personality of Rubino or Webber more people would like him.
Old 08-27-2003, 06:31 PM   #66
draak666
Regular User

Originally Posted by Jabba
Yes thats why I admire him so much...and dont kid yourself...he is very capable of playing dirty when he has to...I think he wrote the book on on some of the more "creative" moves....
I know, I still remember some of his moves
Old 08-27-2003, 06:34 PM   #67
draak666
Regular User

Originally Posted by SFDMALEX
If he had the personality of Rubino ... more people would like him.
Are you kidding, he's a baby
Old 08-27-2003, 07:18 PM   #68
Kangaroo Boy
Regular User

I like Kimi, he's so young and so bloody good. He got big balls, last year when all the Hondas blew up in smoke at Spa on top of Eau Rouge kimi went through the smoke without even lifting his foot of the throttle.

Montoya- I dont like him. Dont like his attitude. Did you see the video of him almost beating the shit out of a camera guy because he accidently hit him with his camera? He was cursing at the guy like a mad man. Plus I personaly think that he cant race, he can qualify but he cant race. He's a pure hot lapper, who doesnt know how to manage his tires or brakes. Just my honest oppinoin.

Villnuve- Has a huge ass mouth talks to much and doesnt do crap all. Put him in a renault and he will still suck. He makes way to many mistakes.

Webber- I like webber alot. He's a cool fast guy. No bullshit, doesnt talk trash, and looks like an educated man.

Rubino- He's cool also, real team guy(maybe to much).

Alonso- another new tallent. Behaves good, and got talent.

Shcumaher- Cold and perfect. Doesnt smile much and looks "mean" 24/7. But gotta give him credit. The guy is amazing. Drivers like a computer. If he had the personality of Rubino or Webber more people would like him.
Kimi is quite,but most Fins are.Schumacher, I reckon he has the best personality in the sport,He really Enjoys driving,even when the car is letting him down.Jensen Button is champion,I like him alot,same as Webber.Kimi and Alonso will become world champions one day,but they are still very young.
Old 08-27-2003, 07:20 PM   #69
skelter
Regular User

he behaves perfectly. He's so freakin' clean.

That's not the M. Schumacher i've seen.
skelter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2003, 08:54 PM   #70
tekwar
Regular User

So Jabba says that it's impossible for an F1 car to improve this fast in one season, yet what Tekwar says is that Michelin was capable of making better tyres than Bridgestone in just two years of F1. Where's the logic in that?

Also BMW already had the best engine on the grid and Renault didn't come out of nowhere either. They already had a few good results last year.
Do you know where michelin comes from? They are no newbie tire company. They supply tires for many many other motorsports and they have been in the business for many years. They didnt just come out of no where with a tire. And if you noticed, they didnt have a good tires in the first year they were in f1, in fact they struggled which is why you see the teams were futher back from ferrari. Tire development and car development are 2 totally different things. Just read up what all the car manufacturers say about the tires and how important they are in every race and how they praise michelin for improving so much.

Renault did well last year? tell me when did they win last year, tell me how many times they had a podium then you tell me how good they were.
Tell me how many times BMW won last year compared to this year so far. Facts speak for themselves.
tekwar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2003, 08:56 PM   #71
tekwar
Regular User

Originally Posted by tekwar
Ferrari also claimed that their new car is almost 2 seconds faster than last years car. So to say that ferrari has done a bad job in developement is an issult to their team and not knowing that ferrari has one of the if not the best engineering crew in f1.
I never said Ferrari did a bad job. I said other teams did a better job then them.

Ferrari claiming that their new car is two seconds faster than last years car is an insult to your intelligence. You don't believe that, do you?
Do you even follow f1? Yes their car is nearly 2 seconds faster on most tracks. Just go look up the fastest time laps of last year and this year. There is no denying what they said. Their car is faster but the other cars are even faster.
Old 08-27-2003, 09:00 PM   #72
tekwar
Regular User

The thing with Schumacher is that he's so bloody perfect. He drives perfect laps, he behaves perfectly. He's so freakin' clean. That's why I like 'rebels' like Montoya and Villeneuve to lighten things up a bit from time to time. I wish Villeneuve got a chance to drive a competitive car again, he's got a fine attitude IMO.
You obviously havent followed f1 much and seen the things schumy has done in the past. Not to say he is the only driver in f1 that has been dirty, but michael is known for it, many f1 drivers have spoken against him before. With that said, he isnt the worst in f1, but he is by no standards a well behaved driver. He is competitive and it shows.
Old 08-27-2003, 11:58 PM   #73
SFDMALEX
Regular User

Originally Posted by tekwar
You obviously havent followed f1 much and seen the things schumy has done in the past. Not to say he is the only driver in f1 that has been dirty, but michael is known for it, many f1 drivers have spoken against him before. With that said, he isnt the worst in f1, but he is by no standards a well behaved driver. He is competitive and it shows.
Yes, he's been dirty sometimes, just like other drivers, but if he hasnt been it would be boring to watch, you should race like a gentelman but not 24/7. Think about it, you say montoya is Mr.Clean? Montoya and Ralf have been so bloody dirty that they wrecked both of their cars once. Vilnuve and some of his blocks are one of the dirtiest in the world. You make shcumacher look like this dirty guy, look around. What was the last dirty thing he did? Block Kimi from his first victory last year? That wasnt even that dirty. People say that shuey should have let kimi pass him back, thats bullshit. And by all standarts he's one of the most polite drivers out there.

P.S Sorry if the post sounded a bit harsh, Im really injoing this thread.
Old 08-28-2003, 12:15 AM   #74
AblativE
Regular User

its' funny listening to kimi in the interviews after the race.....i feel sorry for him most of the time and bury my head in a pillow lol
AblativE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2003, 02:08 AM   #75
noosee
Regular User

Yes, he's been dirty sometimes, just like other drivers, but if he hasnt been it would be boring to watch, you should race like a gentelman but not 24/7. Think about it, you say montoya is Mr.Clean? Montoya and Ralf have been so bloody dirty that they wrecked both of their cars once. Vilnuve and some of his blocks are one of the dirtiest in the world. You make shcumacher look like this dirty guy, look around. What was the last dirty thing he did? Block Kimi from his first victory last year? That wasnt even that dirty. People say that shuey should have let kimi pass him back, thats bullshit. And by all standarts he's one of the most polite drivers out there.

P.S Sorry if the post sounded a bit harsh, Im really injoing this thread.
You are right.
Vilneve is the dirtiest one together with Montoya. Kimi is also not that "clean".
& Shummi - cant say he acts bad on the track this year but he is just slower & slower. No overtakings no fastest laps. Even Barri was faster than him in the last races.
noosee is offline   Reply With Quote