Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Sports Car Forum > Site News and Announcements

Site News and Announcements Here you will find news or updates to MotorWorld.net!

Old 08-10-2011, 08:30 PM   #1
nthfinity
Regular User

Default Happy 7th Birthday, Motorworld

If it weren't for our sister site, I might have over looked it...

In June of 2003, Jabbasworld opened up, and changed the lives of thousands... 10's of thousands, and perhaps millions of automotive enthusiasts around the world with all the copy-cats after the initial split from racing-flix.

For those of us still around, can any recount stories of the Krazy Hawaiian? How about Donny? Josh, who was friends with Jeremy Clarkson, and was going to get us shut down?

How about being the REAL initial leak of the 2006 Z06 before the embargo was over?

Or... how car spotting became a professional hobbie among many here; largely because of people like Matteo (TT)

Does anybody else recall the argument over weather a drift car could be adequately set up for road racing? PaulGT and Graywolf really got in it there.

Then there was the DL club... and that other group too. I've made life long friends from this site

Thanks Jabba!
Old 08-11-2011, 07:27 AM   #2
Minacious
Regular User

I remember it all, and I miss it all.
Old 08-13-2011, 03:25 AM   #3
enzoferrari
Regular User

Congratulations!
Old 08-13-2011, 08:43 PM   #4
vexor
Regular User

Originally Posted by Minacious View Post
I remember it all, and I miss it all.
What he said

vexor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 02:17 AM   #5
PaulGT2164
Regular User

I remember all that.

I remember when posting here was fun, I didn't mind getting in long debates, or posting my projects (any one remember my stupid powerful miata? or my shop threads?) Back when I used to post fairly often, I was a little "new" to things, and it is a shame I did not feel the urge to share my journeys in the automotive world over the last 7 years as they have been quite interesting, maturing, and fun.

I remember when this was a community, not just a broken group of people looking to download videos.

I remember when everyone was pretty even keeled, before a few certain members starting arguing about everything they could, just for reaction and blowhard status.

However this site has lost it's direction, fun, and I am sorry to say, it no longer compels me to post here.

But this site did bring me lots of joy back in the day, I used to wake up every few hours to check the threads, that is how good it used to be.

I hate to leave a negative message here, but it honestly, and truly makes me sad to see this place nowadays - compared to what it was in the "heyday."

Last edited by PaulGT2164; 08-20-2011 at 11:26 PM.
PaulGT2164 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2011, 03:53 PM   #6
RC45
Regular User

Originally Posted by PaulGT2164 View Post
I remember all that.

I remember when posting here was fun, I didn't mind getting in long debates, or posting my projects (any one remember my stupid powerful miata? or my shop threads?) Back when I used to post fairly often, I was a little "new" to things, and it is a shame I did not feel the urge to share my journeys in the automotive world over the last 7 years as they have been quite interesting, maturing, and fun.

I remember when this was a community, not just a broken group of people looking to download videos.

I remember when everyone was pretty even keeled, before a few certain members starting arguing about everything they could, just for reaction and blowhard status.

However this site has lost it's direction, and its fun I am sorry to say, and it no longer compels me to post here.

But this site did bring me lots of joy back in the day, I used to wake up every few hours to check the threads, that is how good it used to be.

I hate to leave a negative message here, but it honestly, and truly makes me sad to see this place nowadays - compared to what it was in the "heyday."
Interesting to see that even after all these years some peoples epinion of themselves hasn't changed a bit.

Some folks where full of themselves back then and are still full of themselves now.

RC45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2011, 11:18 PM   #7
PaulGT2164
Regular User

Originally Posted by RC45 View Post
Interesting to see that even after all these years some peoples epinion of themselves hasn't changed a bit.

Some folks where full of themselves back then and are still full of themselves now.

Well if you find that statement offensive, then maybe you need to examine yourself. I called no one out in that post, just stating the well documented reason many of the quality members have left this forum.

I figured that the people who contributed to the death of this forum by means of aggressive, argumentative, and single-minded forceful posting would come out of the woodwork to throw around some insults - and I was correct.

I like how you also ignored the rest of my post, which is very valid in outlining the faults here, and resorted to calling me "full of myself," which is fine, because I don't really care. You calling me "full of myself" is the age old adage of "the pot calling the kettle black," so that comment does not really bother me.

I am just glad you took the bait and "outed" yourself.

Last edited by PaulGT2164; 08-20-2011 at 11:34 PM.
PaulGT2164 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 10:31 PM   #8
Pimp Racer
Regular User

Happy Birthday MW/JW!
Old 08-31-2011, 07:42 PM   #9
a007apl
Regular User

Jabba dissapear a very long time...
Why
a007apl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 09:48 PM   #10
nthfinity
Regular User

Originally Posted by a007apl View Post
Jabba dissapear a very long time...
Why
He is very busy. How has speed brasila doing? Still in the hunt, Batman?
Old 09-03-2011, 11:47 PM   #11
a007apl
Regular User

Yes, now I'm hunt news about the new Lambo for IAA 2011. its the new super car, front engine, style Estoque, think that: New Lambo vs next 599
a007apl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 10:36 AM   #12
Daggernite
Regular User

Originally Posted by nthfinity View Post
If it weren't for our sister site, I might have over looked it...

In June of 2003, Jabbasworld opened up, and changed the lives of thousands... 10's of thousands, and perhaps millions of automotive enthusiasts around the world with all the copy-cats after the initial split from racing-flix.

For those of us still around, can any recount stories of the Krazy Hawaiian? How about Donny? Josh, who was friends with Jeremy Clarkson, and was going to get us shut down?

How about being the REAL initial leak of the 2006 Z06 before the embargo was over?

Or... how car spotting became a professional hobbie among many here; largely because of people like Matteo (TT)

Does anybody else recall the argument over weather a drift car could be adequately set up for road racing? PaulGT and Graywolf really got in it there.

Then there was the DL club... and that other group too. I've made life long friends from this site

Thanks Jabba!
You forgot to mention the cheesy christmas music which got turned on every December at one point.
All the debates, arguments and stories
Daggernite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 04:42 PM   #13
nthfinity
Regular User

Originally Posted by Daggernite View Post
You forgot to mention the cheesy christmas music which got turned on every December at one point.
All the debates, arguments and stories
Some of us with lesser machines couldn't handle the snowflakes LOL

It was fun for quite some time. Thanks Daggernite!
Old 10-07-2011, 11:44 AM   #14
T-Bird
Regular User

It is a damn shame what happened here. I used to always be checking in on the site religiously. I think a lot of people just got busy in their lives and had to move on to other things. I know that's what happened with me at least. I rarely have time to peruse the internet anymore.
T-Bird is offline   Reply With Quote