Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > General Discussion > Video and Picture Links

Video and Picture Links WORKING HTTP or FTP links only, no torrents or other P2P links.

Closed Thread

Old 09-13-2009, 03:35 AM   #16
Mattk
Regular User

he would be doing so because he had a reason to, and in that case if his reason was law enforcement, he would be anticipating resistance and quite ready for what ever was hiding behind the door.
Not all law enforcement is about arresting people and beating them up. What if the police officer simply wanted to ask questions about a recent crime in the area? Let's take another scenario. If a visitor to the neighbourhood went to your house to ask for directions, or some other assistance, would you shoot him?

It's simply not necessary to use deadly force all the time. I'm pretty sure the castle laws were not intended to be used to allow people to go about killing people who happen to step onto their property. If you kill someone, anyone, the police will come and you will have to explain to them why you just killed someone. They might not believe you if you just killed another police officer.

This is becoming an increasingly irrelevant discussion. The chances of getting burgled whilst you are still in your house is low. Burgling homes with occupants still there is a high risk endeavour that only good burglars try due to the difficulty level. Also, the chances of police officers deliberately engaging in dodgy business is quite low, because most police officers don't want to stuff up and look foolish.
Old 09-13-2009, 08:57 AM   #17
RC45
Regular User

Originally Posted by Mattk View Post
Not all law enforcement is about arresting people and beating them up. What if the police officer simply wanted to ask questions about a recent crime in the area? Let's take another scenario. If a visitor to the neighbourhood went to your house to ask for directions, or some other assistance, would you shoot him?

It's simply not necessary to use deadly force all the time. I'm pretty sure the castle laws were not intended to be used to allow people to go about killing people who happen to step onto their property. If you kill someone, anyone, the police will come and you will have to explain to them why you just killed someone. They might not believe you if you just killed another police officer.

This is becoming an increasingly irrelevant discussion. The chances of getting burgled whilst you are still in your house is low. Burgling homes with occupants still there is a high risk endeavour that only good burglars try due to the difficulty level. Also, the chances of police officers deliberately engaging in dodgy business is quite low, because most police officers don't want to stuff up and look foolish.
Its becoming irrelevant because it appears you are naive.

good burglars? dont want to stuff up?

This is the best you have, seriously?

If you come to my door and I perceive you to be as threat you will get shot - and the law is on my side.
Old 09-13-2009, 05:14 PM   #18
SHIZL
Regular User

unfortunately you shoot a cop you will probably die before you ever see a court end of story. by chance you make it to court and don't get capitol punishment you will live underground in a level 5 prison that my friend is how it works.
Old 09-13-2009, 06:02 PM   #19
Minacious
Regular User

RC, when did you become an outlaw Cowboy?
Old 09-13-2009, 06:43 PM   #20
RC45
Regular User

Originally Posted by SHIZL View Post
unfortunately you shoot a cop you will probably die before you ever see a court end of story. by chance you make it to court and don't get capitol punishment you will live underground in a level 5 prison that my friend is how it works.
WHat kind of dream world are youliving in?

If a cop busts your door down without a warrant and not on the clock and he gets a face full of lead it is his problem not yours.

Try keep up with the discussion - if you can.

Oh - wait - that sright, just get shot to death by a warrantless rogue cop and suck it up - thats the new liberal lifestyle.

Old 09-13-2009, 06:45 PM   #21
RC45
Regular User

Originally Posted by Minacious View Post
RC, when did you become an outlaw Cowboy?
Oh - never became an outlaw cowboy - but I just looooove having some kid from 8000 miles away try explain the realities of life to me
Old 09-13-2009, 07:20 PM   #22
SHIZL
Regular User

the laws here in america are different then down there in texico i guess you obviously don't understand how it works. a cop doesent need a warrant if there is probable cause or you open your door secondly in your dream world a rogue cop is just that a cop and he'll probably have a mp5 by the time you react you are dead! i dont know how much you know about the blue shield laws but police have the highest protection. thanks to extreme right the police no longer need a warrant but you allready know that. i'll try to keep up but its hard to teach foreigner (texico) the way it works here in america
Old 09-13-2009, 08:34 PM   #23
RC45
Regular User

Originally Posted by SHIZL View Post
the laws here in america are different then down there in texico i guess you obviously don't understand how it works. a cop doesent need a warrant if there is probable cause or you open your door secondly in your dream world a rogue cop is just that a cop and he'll probably have a mp5 by the time you react you are dead! i dont know how much you know about the blue shield laws but police have the highest protection. thanks to extreme right the police no longer need a warrant but you allready know that. i'll try to keep up but its hard to teach foreigner (texico) the way it works here in america
my liberal filter is in the shop - not only do I not care what you just typed.. I dont give a fuck either.
Old 09-13-2009, 10:05 PM   #24
SHIZL
Regular User

maybe while your intelligence filter i mean liberal filter is there you can get your teeth fixed too
Old 09-13-2009, 10:49 PM   #25
nthfinity
Regular User

I haven't got a clue what's going on here, but I think this is a good time to close this. There was an odd story in the local paper last month of a guy who was hole'd up in his shed with ammo, and a Rifle. The story lacks an awful lot of information; but seemingly, w/out any real cause, the Police gunned him down for aiming his rifle in their general direction... he just wanted them off his property... The police claimed it was a "Forced suicide"...
Closed Thread