Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Automotive Brands Forum > Car Chat

Old 07-27-2004, 10:49 AM   #1
Fleischmann
Regular User

Default Eleanor for sale

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...&category=6465

The star of "Gone in seconds" is now for sale at a price of $180000 at Ebay.

Old 07-27-2004, 11:18 AM   #2
abbor
Regular User

One of the most beautiful american cars...
abbor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2004, 11:27 AM   #3
sameerrao
Regular User

I saw another one like this on Barrett-Jackson auction.. I wonder if these are dupes made to look like the original or if it the real thing.

180K for a mustang makes me laugh

"Tazio Nuvolari - The greatest driver of the past, the present and the future" - Ferdinand Porsche
sameerrao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2004, 11:39 AM   #4
tigerx
Regular User

as far as i noe, there are a lots of replica of the car out there, and they're pretty cheap usually in the 30 - 50k range. if it's the real thing then it should have a NOS bottle in the trunk.

wut's wrong wit mustangs costing 150k+??? these aren't ford mustangs either, they're SHELBY.
Old 07-27-2004, 11:47 AM   #5
Mopsdrops
Regular User

damn its soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo nice. it's definetly worth the money IMO. not much miles for such an old car. :roll:
Old 07-27-2004, 12:01 PM   #6
X-ale
Regular User

I don't like the fog lights at all.
Old 07-27-2004, 12:31 PM   #7
BADMIHAI
Regular User

A beautiful machine for sure. But I wouldn't pay that much for it. :fist:
BADMIHAI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2004, 12:34 PM   #8
tigerx
Regular User

yes it is a tad overpriced, but it's rare and is a collectors car and dam fast too.
Old 07-27-2004, 12:59 PM   #9
SL55 AMG
Regular User

exactly if its a collectors car it probably wont be driven, a damn shame, hell its not my $180,000 so a beautiful piece of machinery at best
SL55 AMG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2004, 01:17 PM   #10
Vansquish
Regular User

Even the Shelby-made replicas are something in the neighborhood of 80-100k usd, so 180 for the car actually used in the movie (if that is one of the actual vehicles) wouldn't suprise me all that much. It is one of the best looking cars on the road IMHO, and if I had the cash I could see myself shelling out for something like that...that TV program that was posted on here is all about how they make the replicas...they're pretty impressive, lots of power, beautiful detailing...I've seen a black one with silver stripes here in MI and a silver one with black stripes in St. Louis while I was there a couple of weeks ago...unfortunately I didn't have my camera with me either time

my Hindibonics-speaking Indian roommate--"Dawgs, do you have any idea how much bacteria that would take?"
Vansquish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2004, 01:35 PM   #11
gigdy
Regular User

"JUST FEATURED ON THE SHOW RIDES!! It has a high performance package. It is CSE009. Wait time for one to be built is over a year. Serious bidders only!!!. Do not hit the bid button unless you are serious about bidding on this car."

no its not from the movie. im sure it would say so if it was also they built like 10 different ones for the movie and most were probably trashed.
Old 07-27-2004, 02:20 PM   #12
T-Bird
Regular User

there are only 4 left from the movie, Nicholas Cage has one, Jerry Bruckheimer has one, the Volo Auto Museum has one and I'm not sure what happened to the last one there were 14 to start with. I'm sure this isn't one from the movie since it has the GT500E badge which is the reproduction name the ones for the movie didn't have that.
I would wait a year and pay about $50k from the Shelby and Ford authorized manufacturer since they will be featured in the Shelby registry and have a New V.I.N.
T-Bird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2004, 02:27 PM   #13
JiggaStyles09
Regular User

i dont really like the front of this car (its kinda ricey may i say?? ), 4 pairs of lights on the front, seems a bit overkill, and the billet grill looks not so great either, plus the chin spoiler is overdone.

but i really like the paint job and the side exhausts are cool and the rims match well. other than the front end its quite badass looking.
Old 07-27-2004, 05:47 PM   #14
StanAE86
Regular User

It's a pretty decent looking replica, but I could do without the added stuff like the PIAA fog lights in front...$180,000 sounds steep...
Old 07-27-2004, 09:21 PM   #15
SilviaEvo
Regular User

no its not from the movie. im sure it would say so if it was also they built like 10 different ones for the movie and most were probably trashed.
the ones from the movie weren't authentic Shelby GT500's they were Ford Mustangs with body kits i think not sure tho