Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Television and Movies > Top Gear Discussion > Top Gear UK - Episode Discussion

Old 11-13-2007, 10:33 AM   #16
nthfinity
Regular User

Originally Posted by jorge View Post
I was extremely entertained with the episode, IMO one of the best ever
I don't think TG will top the Supercar episdoe from 2005 anytime soon
Old 11-15-2007, 02:13 PM   #17
vexor
Regular User

News Uncut

http://www.topgear.com/content/video...adband_wm.html

vexor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2007, 10:57 PM   #18
graywolf624
Regular User

Not a bad episode if a little bit over the top. The Aston review was cool up until the man with the jet engines. I guess my biggest problem with this piece was that literally no time was spent talking about the kit the man was wearing or anything like that. Now even if they had it would have been a bit contrived, but if they are going to do this out of this world pieces they missed a real gain of interest from technically inclined people on the guys setup.

Simon Cowel's piece was fairly entertaining and he ran a decently aggressive, if slightly ugly, lap.

The Capparo, another slightly contrived review what with the ambulances. That being said it was kind of funny, at least initially. I think one or 2 shots would have been good enough. Of course the car broke twice during the review. Certainly not a road car so I agree with it not making the leader board.

Finally the race. Honestly it was entertaining, especially the bits with the Stig.. But.. There was absolutely no car tie in. Unlike say the reliant space craft, I couldnt even losely tie in a car.. Yes there was a car in the race, but it barely even appeared on screen.

I guess all in all it was a good episode for a comedy show. It was a poor episode for a car show. I guess it depends on what is your cup of tea.