Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Television and Movies > Top Gear Discussion > Top Gear UK - Episode Discussion

Old 10-08-2007, 08:26 AM   #46
stmoritzer
Regular User

Davos-Stelvio

grrr .

this would be a JW-drive

my page: www.davidkaiser.ch - "Lamborghini meets St.Moritz" Photo-CD now available !
recent post: 15+ Gallardo Superleggeras roaring in the Swiss Alps !
stmoritzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2007, 04:07 AM   #47
pzgren
Regular User

i'm not quite sure which road they took. i'll watch it again and consider the maps afterwards. guess i'll have to drive down there too next spring...
Old 10-09-2007, 06:10 AM   #48
pzgren
Regular User

Davos is only 1,5 hours drive away form where i live, so wouldn't be a big thing to go there for me. maybe the perfect road to test my new car in spring
Old 10-09-2007, 08:05 AM   #49
pzgren
Regular User

Originally Posted by mrmojo77
You know already what you're going to get? Give us a hint
No

i have a few things in mind. but as i wrote in the other topic i'll buy something new in spring. until then i'll make a few tests rides and find out which will be the best car for me...

i've found some infos about the road:

Passo dello Stelvio is the 2nd highest asphaltic pass in the alps. it's usually open from end of may until november.
the 50km long street over the pass was build from the austrian empire between 1820 and 1826. in WWI between 1915 and 1917 was the Italianfront in this region. there are still parts of military positions to see from this time.
the design of the road is more or less the same since it was build. still today there is the curvy north east ramp from Trafoi with 48 numbered curves.

Old 10-09-2007, 02:05 PM   #50
martin100
Regular User

Great first episode as expected! Nothing to complain about! Old style TG quality! I guess the BBC provided them with more money for this episode alone than Channel 5 for the whole 5th Gear series. And it shows
martin100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2007, 07:05 PM   #51
jakaracman
Regular User

Well, the "artwork" was up to usual TG standard but the episode itself was kind of watery. VW was great but the light supercars piece lasked proper TG humour (except the naked May part) ...
And the "new" frniture is awful ...
At least JC - Hamster jokes are still funny ...
Old 10-09-2007, 10:16 PM   #52
jorge
Regular User

Excellent episode as usual, i even watched it twice
Old 10-11-2007, 07:19 PM   #53
vexor
Regular User

The News Uncut

Part one: http://www.topgear.com/content/timet...adband_wm.html

Part two: http://www.topgear.com/content/timet...adband_wm.html

Part three: http://www.topgear.com/content/timet...adband_wm.html

Part four: http://www.topgear.com/content/timet...adband_wm.html

vexor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2007, 11:27 PM   #54
Store24
Regular User

Finally a good Top Gear!! Hooray!! They must have fired the director that ruined the last 2 or 3 seasons. Finally they are going back to what people liked. If you were to take a poll on peoples all time favorite episodes I'm sure the one where they drove the F430, Ford GT, and Zonda in France would be in almost everyone’s top 3.

Seems like who ever is running the show now knew that and decided to make another show similar to it. Thank God and well done! Stick with what you know works. I just wish they would have given James a real car because that racing Jag was kind of stogy.

But great episode, the best one in 2 or 3 seasons!!

Oh and Hammond is trying to hard. In the on set parts he looks like he is pretending to be a rock star. Long hair does look good on some people but defiantly not him! For god sake he was wearing purple wooden beads that matched his shirt color!! And a cheesy rock star wanabe jacket. Lose the new look Hammond and go back to what always worked for you too!
Store24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2007, 07:52 PM   #55
graywolf624
Regular User

Top Gear is Back! So lets see. First the 3 cars finding the best drive. Well where they ended up is one of the most famous mountain passes. Its pictures and videos have been used in countless car reviews. I know top gear has used it before, and I've seen pictures of it associated with Ferrari. Fantastic drive but I think they are really sort sighted cutting out Australia and the US. The 2 best drives Ive ever been on, one was in the US the other in Tasmania. Then again, only one of these made top gear magazines top 100 (the one in the states).

The racing Aston jk got a bit old after a while, and seeing may naked was not exactly my idea of fun. Still it was fun to watch the cars shift around on these roads.

The news bit, blaming it on 5th gear. Man Id thought that rivalry was dead. They hadnt taken a stab at each other in years. Oh well, it had to reawaken sooner or later. I don't remember them flipping the ateam van though, just driving it.

What was up with Richards hair? He looked like top gear dog was on his head. Then again, where is the dog for that matter?

The bit about the golf though.. Kinda made me scratch my head and ask me why did they bother. Rubbish and a concept car.. Then again there are plenty of concept cars i would like to see tested so I guess I can;t complain.
Old 10-15-2007, 03:42 AM   #56
ARMAN
Regular User

Great episode I am SO happy TG is back! Thank you endlessly Jabba

thanx for posting those links Vexor! I was wondering what Richard didnt say when he said "we cant say that on the telly" btw Clarkson is one rude motherf@ker

.................................................. .............................
"...free your mind and the body will follow..." - THE MATRIX
ARMAN is offline   Reply With Quote