Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Automotive Brands Forum > What Do You Drive Or Ride ?

What Do You Drive Or Ride ? No bullshit inside here please

Old 05-18-2004, 09:13 AM   #16
evoWalo
Regular User

@AL123: Thanks for the complement. I've been showing these photos to a photographer of local car magazine for a few days now. I'm hoping to get a part time job with them. Photographing cars for car modification money is a dream come true.

@TT: Yeah, well that's for next time when I upgrade to a better car. I have my eye on the next M3 regardless of what Bangle does to the exterior just keep the performance/handling as it is or better. That fellow must be some punk-assed kid that doesnt even own a car.

@he7luis: The dirt "road" is actually an empty lot that I took the photos of the car the first few days I got it. I wanted a rough look & confound those who saw it so they wouldn't figure out where I took the shots.
evoWalo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2004, 09:27 AM   #17
gis
Regular User

nice ride dude,i like the EVO a lot.

welcome to JW and its always great to know we have a genuine owner with a very nice car

http://img402.imageshack.us/img402/5803/dansigsp7.jpg
gis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2004, 09:33 AM   #18
Evo
Regular User

Good thing you guys did not ask me to prove that the evo was mine.. or else this website will shut down for very scary naked pix of a strange guy in an Evo ..

evoWALO, the Honda Civic SiR got a darker color than the one I got, mine is from lambo. It's called Arinco something not sure.. sometime they call it Yellow/orange coz it changes color from orange to yellow depending on light.. here is some pix.. The usual members of JW got bored of this pix but sorry guys.. you have to live with it .

Old 05-18-2004, 09:36 AM   #19
evoWalo
Regular User

@gis: thanks for the warm welcome.

@everyone: That's my bro in the driver seat.

@Evo: How much's petrol/gas in the UAE? In my country it's roughly $0.46/liter of 95/96 RON.
Old 05-18-2004, 09:45 AM   #20
Evo
Regular User

It's 1.42$ for the 98 octane which I use for the Evo and about 1.2$ for the 95 Octane.. I know it's high.. the price went up just couple of month's ago. And their are talks going around that they are going to take away the 98 and let us with either 95 or 92 Octane :x :x
Old 05-18-2004, 10:04 AM   #21
evoWalo
Regular User

@Evo: US Dollars? The best gas we have here is just 96 RON. I'd love to try 98 one of these days.
Old 05-18-2004, 09:46 PM   #22
novass
Regular User

Nice Evo!! Do you know a evoultionm.net member by the name of Mr. Bubbler? I know him through a friend of mine. He has a white Evo pushing about 450-500hp now. Ill try and get some pics of it but his car is always in the shop. LOL I guess hes never satisfied with the power. Next time he gets it back it should be running 28psi :shock:

"Live as if your were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever."
-Mahatma Gandhi
novass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2004, 09:32 PM   #23
adlinyusman
Regular User

man i'm slowly falling in love with the evo. They're not too expensive down here either. How's the running of the car? I had a few mates who had their evo 7 and 6s constantly in workshops..ie turbo problems, low boost (or no boost in one instance), really bad lag sometimes, gearbox problems...or did they just get lemons? Is it KL's climate? How is it in the phillipines?

adlinyusman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2004, 10:36 PM   #24
Zonda11
Regular User

Nice Cars....the Sir was alot different than i had pictured in my mind, but you are on the other side of the world-so things have to be different.

NE Ways .....WELCOME

Zonda11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2004, 11:04 PM   #25
Tomerville
Regular User

Nice pix! nice Car!

"Time is a versitile performer: it flies, marches, heals all wounds, runs out and will tell"
-Franklin Jones

^The definition of grip. Nav+Bose (standard) Arctic Silver on Blue, Heaven on Earth. '05 911 Turbo^
Tomerville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2004, 08:40 PM   #26
evoWalo
Regular User

@novass: I see Mr. Bubbler once in a while but havent had an opportunity to chat with the fellow.

@adlinyusman: The car's so far is doing good. It gets getting used to seeming I have to wait for the engine to heat up first and idle the engine before shutting down. I dont want to prejudge your friends but it could be driver's driving habit & car maintenance that may be the problem. Lotsa people over at evolutionm.net are reporting bad clutches too. I've been to KL once to watch the second Malaysian Grand Prix at Sepang and it's hella warmer than in the Philippines. More humid too. During the summer/dry season we normally get high 30s and low 40s but right now seeming we just got hit by a tropical storm/typhoon it's a steady 27. Too bad the streets are crowded cause it just rained. ^_^

@Zonda11: Funny no one asked me to prove ownership over the SiR. The car's still a big deal over here as its fastest locally made car in the Philippines after the fact that Honda stopped selling it years ago. The body colour used to be exclusive & the signature colour of the car.
Old 05-21-2004, 06:17 PM   #27
BADMIHAI
Regular User

Very nice EVO. Do you ever take it to the track? What does it run in the 1/4 mile?
BADMIHAI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2004, 02:28 AM   #28
evoWalo
Regular User

Havent had time to go to a track or time myself. Been busy setting up a new biz to make money for a new car.
Old 05-25-2004, 01:42 PM   #29
spyd3rr
Regular User

those are NICE pictures dude...u used a nice camera didn't u? one with manual focus? u should be a photographer

i got a white Subaru WRX STi haha i'll post pics later. i'll race u haha then we can settle this STi vs. Evo deal once and for all
spyd3rr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2004, 12:43 PM   #30
evoWalo
Regular User

thanks for the complement spy. i'm halfway through having my car detailed. just had it washed & waxed yesterday and will be having it finished by tomorrow. will be taking more shots when I have time. the shop that's doing my car does also had experience with Ferraris, Porsches, BMWs, MBs, etc. Hopefully I can post em here if I catch any while I have my other cars done.