Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Automotive Brands Forum > Ferrari

Ferrari Everything related to the Prancing Horse goes in here!

Old 11-30-2004, 02:01 PM   #1
Fleischmann
Regular User

Default Ferrari Superamerica

Source: Ferrari

The Pininfarina-designed Ferrari Superamerica combines Ferrari 12-cylinder berlinetta performance with a highly original, innovative take on the convertible concept.

The Superamerica is the first production car to adopt an innovative rotating roof movement in combination with electrochromic technology developed exclusively for glass surfaces of these dimensions, with Saint Gobain.

The Fioravanti-patented rotating roof concept allows the Superamerica driver to electrically drop the top in 10 seconds flat, making it the world’s fastest convertible berlinetta (320 Km/h top speed).

Derived from the 575M Maranello, the Superamerica is available with either an F1-style or manual gearbox. Its big 12-cylinder engine has been boosted to deliver 540 hp too. The new car can also be fitted with the GTC Handling package which offers Ferrari’s very latest high-tech features including carbon ceramic brakes.

The Superamerica’s unusual electric roof has been dubbed Revocromico to highlight the unique combination of its rearward rotation movement and electrochromic technology. It has a carbon-fibre structure and the boot capacity remains unchanged whether the roof is open or closed too. The glass rear window also acts as a highly effective wind deflector when the roof is open.

The use of electrochromic glass means that the driver can completely control the level of light entering the cockpit. There are five tint levels available and the glass can go from dark to light in under a minute, at the touch of a button.

The Ferrari Superamerica is a limited edition model and will be premiered at Los Angeles and Detroit Auto Shows next January.
http://www.fast-autos.net/ferrari/fe...75america.html
Old 11-30-2004, 02:03 PM   #2
nejcdolinsek
Regular User

Thanks for the update...
The article says the 575 SA is the fastest convertible on earth... what about the Murci roadster???

BTW, I LOVE this car!
Old 11-30-2004, 02:11 PM   #3
No.1
Regular User

Originally Posted by nejcdolinsek
Thanks for the update...
The article says the 575 SA is the fastest convertible on earth... what about the Murci roadster???

BTW, I LOVE this car!
Probably a technicality.... like the 575 has a hard roof, rather than a rag-top

It's growing on me, but i'd rather have the Murcie Roadster

BTW - Maybe Alex could make an "official" 575SA thread.... a bit like the 430 thread
Old 11-30-2004, 02:38 PM   #4
TT
Regular User

Yes I guess we could un-stick the F430 one since now the car is hitting showrooms across the globe and put the new Barchetta up there since it's the next big thing up to him
Old 11-30-2004, 02:39 PM   #5
findleybeast
Regular User

maybe the fastest convertible in the world with the top up? since the murcie can't go top speed with the top on
but then i guess the zonda roadster would still beat it. I wonder what the technicality is?

Xbox Live Gamertag: TheSlusbe
findleybeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2004, 04:51 PM   #6
mindgam3
Regular User

Think it is a technicality, the zonda and murci are both roadsters - they've just got one flat panel on the roof that they can remove - no actual hood....

At least its not refeering to the actual hood mechnism like the Z4 when it says its the fastest convertable in the world
mindgam3 is offline   Reply With Quote