Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Hobbies and Leisure Time > Computers, Consoles, Gadgets And Gizmos > Videogames

Old 11-25-2005, 09:45 PM   #46
graywolf624
Regular User

sony wouldn't be able to afford a huge recall..
Thats funny cause sony just settled a lawsuit over ps2s self destructing and eating dvds.

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6139482.html
Old 11-26-2005, 12:01 AM   #47
exhausted mules
Regular User

read the link you sent gray.

its not a recall.

it isn't even a faulty part like what mostly is in the xbox (widespread overheating and freezing up of unit)

most likely its just misuse of discs and improper care of the unit.

not an issue that surfaced days after its release.
exhausted mules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2005, 04:39 AM   #48
evoWalo
Regular User

Originally Posted by RC45
No - it's not the same as buying a video card... a video card contributes to the entire system functionality.
The XBox is USELESS without decent game titles.. and even then the real value of $5,000 worth of game console, accesories and games is rather pointless.

Use the $5,000 and get out and have some REAL WORLD fun...
An XBox is just a game console plugged into the telly.. that's it.
But currently you cant maximize a high end video card. Maybe when Vista comes out then a high end video card is a must. Right now these high end cars are suitable for high res displays, games and 3D modeling.

Here's the rub though as 90% of all activity on a computer happens on the desktop.
evoWalo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2005, 04:53 AM   #49
evoWalo
Regular User

I've been reading the news concerning the problems being encountered by owners and I am amazed that Microsoft allowed this out the door. The thing crashes and MS knew about it before the release date. It's external powersupply screws up the Xbox 360 as it has a tendency to overheat. And the games... This is one example where being first isnt always a good thing. I feel sorry for frustrated owners. I'd probably pick one up once HD-DVD is part of the 360. Maybe by that time all the kinks are worked out and games like Halo 3 will be out the door.

Funny that the most profitable company among the three is Nintendo. They dont loose money selling their Gamecube though profits are naturally down.
Old 11-26-2005, 05:23 AM   #50
Minacious
Regular User

It's all about SmashMyXBox.com

Old 11-26-2005, 05:53 AM   #51
Zot09
Regular User

I'll probobly pick up my 360 once Halo 3 comes out. But I am looking forward to PS3 more.
Old 11-26-2005, 12:01 PM   #52
nthfinity
Regular User

Originally Posted by RC45
I would not have done the console scene if it wasn't for Gamestop etc.

Used PS2 and XBox games for $10.

I bought the PS2 and XBox as used refurdbs... - the only new console games I ever bought were GT3 and GT4 for the PS2 and Forza for the XBox - every other title was used.

Call me Mr Cheap Shit...
I bet i still paid less for my (then) brand new Xbox
i will prolly eventually buy it... but not anytime soon, i still have plenty of games left im playing on my own xbox.

as far as the PS3... well, there are only two PS games i like it for.. GT4, and GTA

i'll be disappointed if the new xbox doesnt offer force feed back steering wheel (and so i dont have to buy a new one, the USB logitech option) support
Old 11-26-2005, 12:05 PM   #53
Anonymous

http://smashmyxbox.com/ vid up lol, annoying kids doing it but they do atleast show some musical taste

http://smashmyxbox.com/ reasons to wait for the PS3, its just going to be infinately better, never liked the Xbox though :bah: Only thing i'm not sure about is the controllers, i'd like the option to use the classic ones, but not looking hopeful on that front

Originally Posted by graywolf624
sony wouldn't be able to afford a huge recall..
Thats funny cause sony just settled a lawsuit over ps2s self destructing and eating dvds.

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6139482.html
Yup mine did that only 18 months old to, never buying another sony product if my PS3 gives me any grief. Wonder if it will have some stupid copy protection
Old 11-26-2005, 12:44 PM   #54
graywolf624
Regular User

it isn't even a faulty part like what mostly is in the xbox (widespread overheating and freezing up of unit)

most likely its just misuse of discs and improper care of the unit.
Id say that except its a huge class action that sony just settled out of court to avoid losing. Had they not settled, or the suit not involved thousands of people id buy it. It wasn't just an improper miss use of discs that was claimed.. It was claimed some ps2s out of the box were self destructing, not reading discs, and destroying discs. Read the actual class action lawsuit page:

http://www.ps2settlement.com/

These were new ps2s, it has to occur within 13 months of ownership to be in the class. Also it only occurs in certain versions of the ps2, meaning if the issue really occured(which prolly did given things above) it was a faulty part that changed. The reality is the only reason to do a recall is to avoid a lawsuit , so arguing there was no recall is not a valid arguement.
Old 12-20-2005, 03:28 AM   #55
Sachmo12345
Regular User

I camped out in front of Best Buy from 4pm til 8am the next day on saturday in order to get one. All i can say it was worth it. Graphics are really really good. The selling points of the system to me isnt the games, but the fact that you can literally just plug in your ipod into the usb port and instantll hit one button and access all of your music on the ipod. You can also record tv with it also.

Xbox Live Gamertag: sachmo12345
Sachmo12345 is offline   Reply With Quote