Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Hobbies and Leisure Time > Computers, Consoles, Gadgets And Gizmos

Old 04-27-2007, 06:57 AM   #1
Erez
Regular User

Location: not where i want to be.. but life's a bitch i guess..
Default AMD back in the game and to kick Intel's ass?

New information published on FudZilla, the site which published last week first CPU-Z pics of the next AMD CPU, the Agena, and first OC trial to the CPU, tells us that the system included an AM2 socket motherboard with nForce 590 SLI chipset, and that the board was a full retail version, meaning, in order to operate an Agena CPU on an AM2 motherboard all you have to do will be a Bios update and hope the CPUs will hit the market by Q4 of 2007, but thats not the end, the OC done to the processor, from 2.5GHz up to 3.05GHz, was also done on the same motherboard.

Agena FX processors rated at 2.5Ghz should beat Intel's Core 2 based quads running at 3GHz, which is the max frequency Intel can run its quads within the 120W output envelope at the current 65Nm making process.
there are those who say that Intel's QX6850 with its effective 1333MHz FSB and 3GHz frequency is already scratching the 120W envelope.

Intel as it seems would have to reach 3.2GHz in order to coming to terms with the 2.5GHz Agena, so Intel is waiting to Yorkfield which will be manufactured at a 45Nm process and allow it to reach to 3.2GHz.

it looks like AMD could reach 2.7GHz at the 65Nm process, and Intel's next chance at the crown will be with the new micro-architecture Nehalem, which is due to hit the market at Q2\Q3 of 2008.
the Agena FX should hit the market at Q3 2007, and the rest should follow at this years end, or the beginning of 2008.

Things worth having don't come easy..
Erez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2007, 01:31 PM   #2
dutchmasterflex
Regular User

Hope so, cause AMD owes me a shit load of money. :cry:
Old 04-27-2007, 02:16 PM   #3
5vz-fe
Regular User

Intel owes mine....they have been slashing their prices on CPU lately...
Old 05-03-2007, 04:15 AM   #4
ae86_16v
Regular User

Yeah Intel took names and kicked ass w/ its Core Design. Gotta hand it to them. Should be interesting because AMD's game was always efficiency and Intel took it from them. Lets hope AMD could fight back because in the end, consumers always in competition.
ae86_16v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007, 02:42 PM   #5
KF1
Regular User

Default Hope so, cause AMD owes me a shit load of money

Originally Posted by dutchmasterflex
Hope so, cause AMD owes me a shit load of money. :cry:
I didn't like AMD becasue pieace shit CPU AMD, Right now Intel Core 2 Extreme X6800 the hightest CPU in marker right now. Cost alot money.
KF1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007, 02:56 PM   #6
dutchmasterflex
Regular User

AMD CPU's used to suck, but naturally, they get better.

My $130 E4300 runs just as fast as a 6800
Old 07-11-2007, 04:27 PM   #7
philip
Regular User

I'm betting on both, but right now I'm underwater on AMD, so good news.
Old 07-11-2007, 08:51 PM   #8
KF1
Regular User

Default Geforce GPC

Originally Posted by dutchmasterflex
AMD CPU's used to suck, but naturally, they get better.

My $130 E4300 runs just as fast as a 6800
My computer desktop emachine AMD Socket A 463 evern old.They made no more. Anyway which brand name you use 6800 ???
Old 07-11-2007, 11:25 PM   #9
gigdy
Regular User

Originally Posted by bmw06m6
Nothing is better then Intel, they are pure 100% American.

I will only buy Intel because they are the only maker who keeps records and actually keeps their BIOS up-to-date. Did you know you can still get updates for a Pentium Pro?
what does the processor have to do with the bios? I tend to update the bios for my motherboard from the mobo manufacturer.
Old 07-11-2007, 11:48 PM   #10
Caplax40
Regular User

Originally Posted by gigdy

I will only buy Intel because they are the only maker who keeps records and actually keeps their BIOS up-to-date. Did you know you can still get updates for a Pentium Pro?
what does the processor have to do with the bios? I tend to update the bios for my motherboard from the mobo manufacturer.
I've seen some motherboards reach a limit for some CPUs without a newer BIOS revision.

Why it's such a huge deal to still get updates for 12 year old processors I have no idea.
Caplax40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007, 12:15 AM   #11
KF1
Regular User

Default Intel Motherboard

Originally Posted by gigdy

My computer emachine motherboard Socket 463 evern old board. I planing upgrader and getting new micro atx motherboard Asus P5B-VM, CPU Intel Core 2 , SEAGATE SATA II Hard Drive 250 GB , DDR2 Memory Ram 2GB, Nvidia PCI Express graphic card, Sound Card, New Windows OS.Windows Vista Ulitmate, Right NOW my computer 500 watt Power Supply