Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Automotive Brands Forum > Car Chat

Old 06-07-2005, 10:03 PM   #16
oantob
Regular User

here's a little fact...Ferrari is much much more expensive then that Sti, so when you driving your own Ferrari, your head will disturb with many toughts (on how expensive this car is, on how expensive the service cost, etc.) but when you driving your sub is different, so you could push your sub to the limit...
Old 06-07-2005, 10:21 PM   #17
RC45
Regular User

Originally Posted by oantob
here's a little fact...Ferrari is much much more expensive then that Sti, so when you driving your own Ferrari, your head will disturb with many toughts (on how expensive this car is, on how expensive the service cost, etc.) but when you driving your sub is different, so you could push your sub to the limit...
And this is supposed him feel better how when he gets his ass kicked by a cheaper car?
RC45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2005, 10:32 PM   #18
oantob
Regular User

Originally Posted by RC45
Originally Posted by oantob
And this is supposed him feel better how when he gets his ass kicked by a cheaper car?
this won't make him feel better, this makes him think
and then buy Sti
Old 06-07-2005, 10:36 PM   #19
SFDMALEX
Regular User

Well considering the fact that its mainly wankers driving 360s, it doesnt surprise me...but seriously on a highway I dont see the STI doing much damage to the 360 past 90mph or even 80mph, that V8 really kicks in at that speed, I noticed it a lot from vidoes and various articles I read on the car,,,things can keep up until the 1/4mile....which it tops out in what....120? And then the car just opens a big gap on anything....
SFDMALEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2005, 12:26 AM   #20
GTO
Regular User

300hp stock - at the crank... right?
Yep.
Dunno about what you drive or where you drive it, but rounding bends at 60, 70 or 80mph is pretty easy with the correct hardware, and once you exit such a bend, 100mph and soom 120 pass by very quickly - even on a very short straight for that matter.

As I say, chasing Scubi's and M3's thourhg the woods, they are pretty easy with a good drive out the bends
Twisties here mean hairpins and chicanes, posted speed are less than 25MPH, 60KPH even down to 25KPH on my local course. Which is in the middle of a rainforest, so its wet 24/7, narrow, blind corners, and leaves everywhere.

Speaking of local course knowledge, the STI may be stock if its a local driver. What I think happened and what your saying RC45 is that you run your local course, so you know it well. And any unsuspectiing driver will get pwned no matter how good the car is because they are unfamilar with the course, doing 120MPH is a serious (and very dangerous/highly illegal) act, unless you know whats coming up even world class driveres wouldn't do it without knowledge/course notes.

I've seen stock V6's and deisiel 4x4's local drivers absoultly pwnt expensive sports, simply because they know the course well. I know so because they're trying to chase me down after I blow past them!
I've absoulty murdered,; Lotus elise, S2000, 350Z, R33 GTR, R32 GTR, R33 GTS and even a AMG 65, on my local course, simply because I know the course like the back of my hand and these people dont.

Thats whats so cool about twisties, that a good local driver in a crappy car can beat a exotic high power car.
And if that local driver in a WRX/STi, the gap is even further because this type of driving can be done so much safer than 99% of the cars on the roads, if anything Subaru will have superior stablity and safety than any other car it comes up against, unless its a EVO, or a Audi RS (but they're heavy).
Old 06-08-2005, 12:29 AM   #21
GTO
Regular User

Originally Posted by SFDMALEX
Well considering the fact that its mainly wankers driving 360s, it doesnt surprise me...but seriously on a highway I dont see the STI doing much damage to the 360 past 90mph or even 80mph, that V8 really kicks in at that speed, I noticed it a lot from vidoes and various articles I read on the car,,,things can keep up until the 1/4mile....which it tops out in what....120? And then the car just opens a big gap on anything....
There're based on rally cars, most of their working range is below 120MPH on rally terriain. But yeah higher speed the exoitcs will pull away and leave the Subaru for dead in a straight line.
Old 06-08-2005, 12:39 AM   #22
RC45
Regular User

Originally Posted by GTO
Twisties here mean hairpins and chicanes,
Close enough -

Originally Posted by GTO
posted speed are less than 25MPH, 60KPH even down to 25KPH on my local course. Which is in the middle of a rainforest, so its wet 24/7, narrow, blind corners, and leaves everywhere.
Without the jungle swamps an advised 25, 30 or 50mph bend is often dispatched at a lot higher velocity..

Originally Posted by GTO
Speaking of local course knowledge,
Bingo.. we have a winner.

Originally Posted by GTO
doing 120MPH is a serious
Allegedly...
Originally Posted by GTO
(and very dangerous/highly illegal) act,
Allegedly...

Originally Posted by GTO
unless you know whats coming up even world class driveres wouldn't do it without knowledge/course notes.
And the season - in winter the trees have less foliage and you can scope traffic movement 2 or 3 turns ahead through the trees and dive accordingly - which can freak some people out as they think you are blindly hurtling into a head on situation - when in reality you can clearly see "around" the blind corners as the woods have barely any foliage.

In summer it is a totally different story - and I would then allow a wanker/noob/poser to run ahead - and on a couple of occasions (once on the bike and once in the car) come upon the bloke where he out drove onto the verge and beyond..

So - yes - local knowledge beats all.
Old 06-08-2005, 01:18 AM   #23
sads
Regular User

why is this such a long thread its simple the rex was modded end of story
Old 06-08-2005, 01:23 AM   #24
RC45
Regular User

Originally Posted by sads
why is this such a long thread its simple the rex was modded end of story
More likely as we pointed out local road knowledge played a far bigger part than "how modded the scoody doo was"