Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Automotive Brands Forum > Lamborghini

Lamborghini Everything Lamborghini

Old 07-03-2004, 10:52 PM   #1
livin_the_dublife
Regular User

Default Lamborghini Gallardo Vs. Competiton.

I am a huge lambo fan but i just wanted to know how does the new gallardo stack up to the 911 turbo and the 360.

What cars are better in performance than the gallardo that is in direct competion with it.
livin_the_dublife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2004, 11:11 PM   #2
SFDMALEX
Regular User

In direct competition the 360CS blows away the Galardo in straight top speed, 0-60, 1/4mile etc....seen it with my own eyes in a BM video. And the fact that the CS will outcorner the galardo is a no brainer aswel.

Ill have to watch the video again to see how it did against the 966TT.
SFDMALEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2004, 11:20 PM   #3
PATo355
Regular User

Its faster than the 911TT and the 360 ( not the CS which is a track car ) , it actually mixes the power of the 360 with the traction of the 911TT , its the best of both cars

"It changes direction like a fly, grips like a barnacle and goes like a jet fighter on combat power" ( Lambo Gallardo ) .JC.
PATo355 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2004, 11:35 PM   #4
Tomerville
Regular User

Check The september '03 issue of CAR, they did a comparisson. I'd take a Turbo anyday for practicality, but i have a biased perspective

"Time is a versitile performer: it flies, marches, heals all wounds, runs out and will tell"
-Franklin Jones

^The definition of grip. Nav+Bose (standard) Arctic Silver on Blue, Heaven on Earth. '05 911 Turbo^
Tomerville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2004, 11:42 PM   #5
T-Bird
Regular User

well the Turbo does have more room what with the "Insurance seats" and all so in that respect it is more practical but for looks I would take the 360 and for sound the Gallardo I guess it depends on what mood you in when you go to the dealers they all have their good sides.
T-Bird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2004, 02:51 AM   #6
X-ale
Regular User

To compare the gallardo fairly to the 360 CS, it would have to be a GT version of some kind... and that would be very spectacular! The only competition the gallardo has to fear is the GT40 but remember your talking about 4wd against rwd... I think lambo is in a category of it's own. Simply like this: it's raining, i'd rather have the control of the 4wd than the speed of the RWD. Since the Lambo has to split the power, it's obvious that:
1- lesser WHP;
2- less brutal acceleration;
3- handling paradise;
4- It's the only hypercar you'll see in the snow other than a porsche 4wd;
5- It's a Lambo damit! Un chausson au pomme avec ça?
Old 07-04-2004, 11:21 AM   #7
Vansquish
Regular User

The Ferrari 360 and 360CS as well as the 911 TT and 911 GT3/RS could probably be classified as direct rivals and though the Lambo is significantly more powerful than any of the above, it is also quite a bit heavier and has longer gearing, so its acceleration numbers aren't as good. The car that the Lambo and the rest of the group really have to worry about is the Ford GT, as it is significantly faster than all of them, more powerful, better around a track and yet costs more than only the two Porsches. Definetely the bargain of the bunch.

my Hindibonics-speaking Indian roommate--"Dawgs, do you have any idea how much bacteria that would take?"
Vansquish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2004, 12:35 PM   #8
SFDMALEX
Regular User

I would consider the Ford GT to be direct competition for the 575, Murc and DB9 since its more of a grand tourer.

To this day I cant understand why they keep comparing the Ford GT to the 360. I mean they are very different cars. 360, 911TT are "entry level" (not for the 966) sports cars were the GT is more of a grand tourer with on eye on supercar territory.
SFDMALEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2004, 01:47 PM   #9
fabro_s
Regular User

I think the gallardo is just a little bit better than a 360 and 911 turbo, theres not too much difference, I think that in a race track the gallardo is not that bad...

"Perfezione Leggera Italiana"
fabro_s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2004, 04:27 PM   #10
robruf
Regular User

If everyone remembers the BM video, the 360CS just barely and I mean just barely beat the regular 360F1 transmission by 0.1seconds in the sprint. It was basically one car length, so even the regular 360 is faster than the Gallardo, but the Gallardo is going to be alot more reliable for maintenance and looks way more masculin. They are all on equal footing, the 996TT is the fastest, followed by the 360CS, then the Gallardocoes last in this group however the Gallardo might be the fastest on the track.
robruf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2004, 06:23 PM   #11
fabro_s
Regular User

By the way, wheres that BM video? I want it!!

"Perfezione Leggera Italiana"
fabro_s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2004, 01:37 PM   #12
Vansquish
Regular User

Originally Posted by SFDMALEX
I would consider the Ford GT to be direct competition for the 575, Murc and DB9 since its more of a grand tourer.

To this day I cant understand why they keep comparing the Ford GT to the 360. I mean they are very different cars. 360, 911TT are "entry level" (not for the 966) sports cars were the GT is more of a grand tourer with on eye on supercar territory.
What makes you say that it's more of a Grand Tourer? It doesn't have the classic grand touring characteristics I think of: i.e. long hood, front engined, rear wheel drive, plush upholstery and interior trimmings etc...etc... It is perhaps a bit more relaxed than the 360 in the way that it sounds and the massive amounts of low-down torque. However, the way that it handles, goes around a race track, and accelerates puts it directly on the level of the 360, but the GT is significantly faster. I agree that the 575 and DB9 as well as the 612, Vanquish, Maserati Coupe, Bentley Continental GT and some others are classic GTs, but the Murcielago? The Lambo is an out-and-out supercar to me, even though Audi has softened it up from the Diablo a bit. I don't see how one can call it a GT.
Vansquish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2004, 07:02 PM   #13
cavallino
Regular User

I would take a Gallardo over any of it's competitors
Old 07-05-2004, 07:06 PM   #14
cavallino
Regular User

I would take a Gallardo over any of it's competitors