Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Automotive Brands Forum > Car Chat

Old 01-09-2007, 11:48 AM   #61
gobs3z
Regular User

[quote="bmw06m6"]
Originally Posted by gobs3z
Originally Posted by bmw06m6

Thats not even close to a funny joke since BMW has no place to advertise something so wrong. Attack Mercedes or Audi, but attacking Lexus is a mistake since it's common sense that they have the best customer service, warranty and reliability out of all manufacturers. Thats one thing they are amazing at.

http://www.cnn.com/2006/AUTOS/carrev...ity/index.html
Oh Yeah I forgot Consumer Reports IS GOD!
I was just giving an example, but since you're naive and stubborn.

IS300 compared to 3 series
http://www.automobilemag.com/reviews...2_lexus_is300/

I would be tempted to buy the Lexus instead of the BMW partly because I enjoyed it so much and partly because it offers the additional benefits of Lexus quality and Lexus service and Lexus reliability."
Review of an ES350
http://www.caranddriver.com/cartrims...xus_es350.html

HIGHS
Lexus quality interior, Lexus quality craftsmanship, Lexus quality ride and comfort, Lexus quality quality.
And finally heres a good one for ya.
http://www.carpages.co.uk/lexus/lexu...r_25_10_02.asp

Lexus Quality Overcomes German National BiasPublished: October 2002
IS200 Overall Winner of First German J.D. Power Survey
Toyota Voted Best German People’s Car
The Lexus IS200 has been voted top car in the first customer satisfaction survey of Germany's car owners by market research firm J.D. Power. The 132-car survey found that even the Germans believe the Lexus is better than their own home grown prestige makes and gave the baby Lexus a top score of 86 per cent.

"If we could read the secret histories of our enemies, we would find in each story enough sorrow and suffering to disarm all hostility." Longfellow
gobs3z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2007, 12:30 PM   #62
blue8
Regular User

i have nothing against Lexus (i think they're good) but that ad is witty. on the IS-F, it does look aggressive and, for me, looks like it was just tuned up like pimp my ride or something. not much subtlety like its German rivals... hopefully it makes up for it in performance

blue8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2007, 01:58 PM   #63
gobs3z
Regular User

Oh so Consumer Reports, CNN, JD Power, Car and Driver and Lexus are God, I forgot. Its a damn economy car, that is all it ever will be.
I thougt we were talking quality, reliability, and warranty, when did i mention whether or not it was an economy car? You sound like your slightly intimidated by Lexus, but I could care less if you're completely biased towards German cars, it's your loss.

"If we could read the secret histories of our enemies, we would find in each story enough sorrow and suffering to disarm all hostility." Longfellow
Old 01-09-2007, 03:52 PM   #64
gobs3z
Regular User

Originally Posted by gobs3z
Oh so Consumer Reports, CNN, JD Power, Car and Driver and Lexus are God, I forgot. Its a damn economy car, that is all it ever will be.
I thougt we were talking quality, reliability, and warranty, when did i mention whether or not it was an economy car? You sound like your slightly intimidated by Lexus, but I could care less if you're completely biased towards German cars, it's your loss.
What's wrong with Italian or British Cars?
Nothing at all is wrong with Italian and British cars, i never said that did i? Did you purposely ignore to look at my AMV8 signature. I'm also going to try to visit the Ferrari/Pagani/Lambo factories while i'm in Italy this semester. I was just attacking BMW's extremely false advertisement, why would you defend something that isn't true? (you have yet to prove me wrong)

Old 01-09-2007, 03:57 PM   #65
5vz-fe
Regular User

I think it is widely accepted that Lexus is a mid to full luxury car (depending on models).
Old 01-09-2007, 04:06 PM   #66
ae86_16v
Regular User

Clearly you have not driven a Lexus from say 2001 or 2002 and up. Those cars have improve a lot since the early 90s and I doubt anybody will call them "economy cars". In fact, of the same vintage, I would say a 2002 IS300 probably has the best interior quality of all the German brands, 3er, C-Class, maybe with the exception of the A4. The A4's interior quality is probably the only one that stands out a bit above the other two competitors from German.

With that said, the 3 Series still drives better than the IS. But if you want quality and comfort, you can't deny Lexus did a good job there. Personal experience anyways.

And in terms of customer service, which dealership gets you tea while they get your oil filter for you? Never happened once at Audi or BMW, but happened twice at Lexus. I would not even get service at BMW unless I drive up in my M3. What kind of bullshit is that? (But that is an extreme case that happened once in my 4Runner.)
ae86_16v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007, 05:58 PM   #67
ae86_16v
Regular User

Originally Posted by ae86_16v
Clearly you have not driven a Lexus from say 2001 or 2002 and up. Those cars have improve a lot since the early 90s and I doubt anybody will call them "economy cars". In fact, of the same vintage, I would say a 2002 IS300 probably has the best interior quality of all the German brands, 3er, C-Class, maybe with the exception of the A4. The A4's interior quality is probably the only one that stands out a bit above the other two competitors from German.

With that said, the 3 Series still drives better than the IS. But if you want quality and comfort, you can't deny Lexus did a good job there. Personal experience anyways.

And in terms of customer service, which dealership gets you tea while they get your oil filter for you? Never happened once at Audi or BMW, but happened twice at Lexus. I would not even get service at BMW unless I drive up in my M3. What kind of bullshit is that? (But that is an extreme case that happened once in my 4Runner.)
Well the joke behind the ad is that sure anybody can give you free tea or coffee, (ha I get breakfast), but you don't choke on it when you get the bill it was an ad for BMW Ultimate Service that you won't get raped on your're car in parts and service because its free.
No, but I was pointing out that it was nice of them to do it.

Come on now, you really believe in that Free Service thing? I suppose an free oil change every 15k miles is okay? And don't tell me that the computer has computed that because of my driving behavior I only need a oil change every 15k.

That means through the life of free service, you would get 2 Free Oil Changes, maybe 3 at the most. Same with BMW's Lifetime Oil in the tranny and differential. If you do not plan on keeping your car for over 100k miles, that is fine because it will last till 100k. But I do, and I change my oil every 5k even with Synthetic and tranny and diff every 50k. I do not feel like paying for a new Tranny of Differential.

Bean counters came out with that Free Service program.

Don't believe me? Pick up any issue of Roundel and read the Tech Talk. Or just ask our resident BMW mechanic Z.

By the way, the oil filter was 10 bucks for the IS300.

p.s. Sorry for jacking the thread.
ae86_16v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007, 03:58 AM   #68
HeilSvenska
Regular User

You know what? The bodykit looks really cheap. Especially the vent behind the front wheels.