Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Hobbies and Leisure Time > Computers, Consoles, Gadgets And Gizmos > Videogames

Old 03-25-2005, 03:12 PM   #1366
RC45
Regular User

I used the F1 car for all of them...
RC45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2005, 04:19 PM   #1367
GT_Darin
Regular User

I've won quite a few myself. Being that its like a real endurance race between me and my B-Spec Guy. I run, then I pit, he take sover, he pits, then I take over. It works quite well.
GT_Darin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2005, 05:59 PM   #1368
cooperluke
Regular User

Yep, the ring also looked very narrow at first, but now it seems just normal! Check the videos of the ring, and you'll see it's not that different!

cooperluke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2005, 11:45 AM   #1369
Pimp Racer
Regular User

Originally Posted by Dan\/6
Originally Posted by Pimp Racer
I let my b spec retard do that 150 mile race, and he won quite easily

using the nissan r89
My guy fucking sucks ass! He couldnt win it so I had to do it
well after TT's b spec testing thing I thought mine did too.. but then I realised he generally sucks more if set over 3 aggression
Yeah when I let that "bitch" race I put it on usually 3 or 4 but I thought it would be ok if I put it on 5 since its a fucking oval you know? Maybe it was my pit stratergy? I had to pit in every 10 laps. I won though by like 4 laps. IT was hella challenging.
Old 03-27-2005, 11:52 AM   #1370
manuf40

nope he was just a retard on that oval.. as soon as tires got a bit worn he would either understeer into the wall at the last corner or even worse spin if they got too bad
Old 03-27-2005, 02:31 PM   #1371
No.1
Regular User

Another quick question....

I'm saving up for the black cars, but have now got 5m spare. I want to buy a decent car, so that i can progress through the game (i don't have any seriously quick/competitive cars atm). I need something similar to the R92 etc....

What car is a decent buy for 5m Credits.... the BMW V12 LMR.... etc.

Thx a bunch... i lovethe GT4 section 8)
Old 03-27-2005, 03:12 PM   #1372
Pimp Racer
Regular User

nope he was just a retard on that oval.. as soon as tires got a bit worn he would either understeer into the wall at the last corner or even worse spin if they got too bad
Ah yeah thats true.

Originally Posted by thenumber1

I'm saving up for the black cars, but have now got 5m spare. I want to buy a decent car, so that i can progress through the game (i don't have any seriously quick/competitive cars atm). I need something similar to the R92 etc....

Damn thats gonna be a bit though. I really havent driven the LMP cars yet so I dont know. Maybe an R8? Or try winning the Toyota Minolta Racer.

Here is the US prize car list. Just look around and see a good car and try and enter that race and win.
http://www.angelfire.com/ult/gt4hots...4prizecars.htm
Old 04-04-2005, 06:21 PM   #1373
Chrono
Regular User

Okay I've completed every ENDURANCE race except for Le Sarthe 24hr II. I'm using my B-spec driver for this because I don't have time to race for 24 hours.

For some reason I can't seem to beat Le Sarthe 24hr II. For those of you who won this race what car did you use and what kind of setup?

Thanks.
Chrono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2005, 12:02 PM   #1374
No.1
Regular User

Originally Posted by brembo
Originally Posted by thenumber1

Only one way to go if you ask me....Audi R8....It will do the job nicly and then some......
LOL.... no way

I went for the BMW LMR and it's a hot car. Almost as fast around the ring as my R92CP, if i could only get the setup right
Old 04-05-2005, 12:47 PM   #1375
mindgam3
Regular User

Perscarlos handle better than the R8 too - especially on the 'ring
mindgam3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2005, 01:17 PM   #1376
430csjj
Regular User

Originally Posted by dingo
I WANT Ferrari and Lambo.

Same here. They had it on fifth gear and Tiff said that ferrari charged to much to borrow the cars, I don't know bout lambo.

BTW, if someone has said this I apologise!! 70 pages....
430csjj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2005, 05:22 PM   #1377
Pimp Racer
Regular User

Originally Posted by Chrono
Okay I've completed every ENDURANCE race except for Le Sarthe 24hr II. I'm using my B-spec driver for this because I don't have time to race for 24 hours.

For some reason I can't seem to beat Le Sarthe 24hr II. For those of you who won this race what car did you use and what kind of setup?

Thanks.
Any LMP should do I suppose? Make sure you invest in the SUPER HARD RACING SLICKS! They are like 20 grand but WELL worth it man!
Originally Posted by 430csjj
Originally Posted by dingo
I WANT Ferrari and Lambo.

Same here. They had it on fifth gear and Tiff said that ferrari charged to much to borrow the cars, I don't know bout lambo.

BTW, if someone has said this I apologise!! 70 pages....
No problem. I think the reason why Ferrari , Lamborghini , and Porsche are NOT in the game is because of Liscenseing issuies. EA owns the rights to the liscense's for those cars and will let other game makers such as Forza use them becuase they probably dont like the PD team for some reason?
Old 04-05-2005, 05:54 PM   #1378
SFDMALEX
Regular User

No problem. I think the reason why Ferrari , Lamborghini , and Porsche are NOT in the game is because of Liscenseing issuies. EA owns the rights to the liscense's for those cars and will let other game makers such as Forza use them becuase they probably dont like the PD team for some reason?
I think its a price issue, EA does not own the only right to use Ferrari and Lambo in their games. Remeber EA is just a publisher, most games are made long before the devolopment teams contacts EA, or when the publishers bid on a game.

I think someone as big as Ferrari asks for mucho $$$ to use their name in a game.
SFDMALEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2005, 05:55 PM   #1379
tuffguy
Regular User

According to the 5th Gear review, it's a priicing issue. Apparently Porsche and Ferrari charge too much.
tuffguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2005, 06:18 PM   #1380
Pimp Racer
Regular User

Originally Posted by SFDMALEX

I think its a price issue, EA does not own the only right to use Ferrari and Lambo in their games. Remeber EA is just a publisher, most games are made long before the devolopment teams contacts EA, or when the publishers bid on a game.

I think someone as big as Ferrari asks for mucho $$$ to use their name in a game.
Ah you guys got a point there! But hell its free advertising! I mean a game this big why not go ahead and put your company in?