Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Hobbies and Leisure Time > Books, Comics And Magazines > Magazine Scans

Old 05-21-2004, 12:36 PM   #1
noosee
Regular User

Default New Alfa, Clarkson, May,Hammond (TG 05/2004)

noosee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2004, 12:42 PM   #2
noosee
Regular User

I love Alfa looks and yes 50 more pages coming
noosee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2004, 12:43 PM   #3
Anonymous

Thankyou so much noosee i missed this and last months edition and always particularly enjoy reading clarksons column Also this gougeous Alfa, i loved since the first time i saw it (also in top gear mag)
Old 05-21-2004, 02:02 PM   #4
BADMIHAI
Regular User

Awesome scans! Thanks, Scanning King!
BADMIHAI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2004, 03:37 PM   #5
graywolf624
Regular User

Did I read clarkson commending a corvette? When is the fire and brimstone gonna start?
graywolf624 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2004, 05:34 PM   #6
ice
Regular User

Originally Posted by graywolf624
Did I read clarkson commending a corvette? When is the fire and brimstone gonna start?
Clarkson will say wutever he needs to get the point across, even if it means saying something that contradicts soemthign he said 5 minutes earlier.
He talks about how we shouldnt genralize all Italian cars being beutiful, then stereotypes italians sentences later. And we need only look at his examples of the "two of the most beautiful cars ever", a DB7(gimme a break) and a GT40(great looking, no doubt, but all time?), no mention of the 250's(many agree the most beautiful car all time), alfa'a, 275's, muira's, and any number of millions of gorgeious italian cars. The DB7 is outdated in style, having lost a lot of its charisma quite quickly(now it looks boring to me, HARDLY one of the most beutiful all time, far from it), and his opinions are so incredibly bias it boggles my mind. Further, for him to say the 360 isnt one of the best looking sports cars EVER is ridiculous. It is a real Ferrari, with some curves and with some style. The 355 was pretty, but too striaght lined to be a real Ferrari, yet Clarkson doesnt admit to that. The 360 has the perfect Ferrari character, and drives better then nearly any sports car out there, just ask Tiff. Anyone else remembers Clarkson picking the DB7 over the 360? I do, but thankfully hes the only one who ever thought so.
ice is offline   Reply With Quote