Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Automotive Brands Forum > What Do You Drive Or Ride ?

What Do You Drive Or Ride ? No bullshit inside here please

Old 12-12-2005, 03:55 AM   #16
Yablokov
Regular User

grats with the fiero!

thos dyno stats are amazing! i can only imagine how fast it flys. (adding thta it weighs almost nothing).

enjoy your stay m8!

Cars I have beaten in real races:
Honda Accord LX 1992
lil' bros Go-Kart
Yablokov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2005, 11:56 AM   #17
jstillwell
Regular User

Alex, thanks for the welcome. It's definately not a high speed runner, on a long trip a Honda Odyssey minivan could leave it behind. The suspension and aerodynamics really need some work before I'm confident in driving it faster then the 120 mph speed limiter that the Bonneville computer is equipped with. But in my area, I really don't have any business going that fast. But it does like to accelerate. I took a video of my speedometer accelerating from 0-60 mph in 5.8 seconds before I had my cold air intake fabricated. Up to that point it was breathing through a factory airbox that was designed for a normally aspirated 2.8. The new intake added about 30 hp, so I'd be interested to see what she does now. I know she's MUCH faster.

Old pre-intake dyno...

Some interior shots.

Ghetto Alcantara.

My sexy amplifier.

The Unabomber at the wheel. At 6'6", I'm a tight fit, but actually quite comfortable in my little go-kart. I think that's one of the reasons I love it so much. It's as close to a motorcycle as I'll ever get.
jstillwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2005, 01:36 PM   #18
Banchi105
Regular User

Interesting that you can fit in the fiero, but not a c5?
Banchi105 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2005, 01:40 PM   #19
nthfinity
Regular User

Originally Posted by Banchi105
Interesting that you can fit in the fiero, but not a c5?
my brother cant fit in a c6, but can in a c6 Z06...

the cross member of the frame is quite intrusive to tall people... i can fit in it, but only just... a helmet might be pushing it

the zo6, being a solid top doesnt exist
Old 12-12-2005, 01:41 PM   #20
jstillwell
Regular User

Yeah. We took the Corvette to Las Vegas. I was miserably uncomfortable the whole way there. Don't get me wrong, the Corvette is a better car in every way, although the mid engine flavor of the Fiero really can't be compared. But I was definately happy to get out of the car, and I'm not in any hurry to get back in one. Same thing for the 4th Generation Camaros.

The head engineer, I believe it was, on the Fiero development team, is my size. Therefore the car got designed to hold someone of a taller stature. It's actually a very roomy car for it's size.
Old 12-12-2005, 01:53 PM   #21
Banchi105
Regular User

Yeah, I guess that makes sense. I am 6'3" myself, but can usually find a way to squeeze into a car if I like it enough. I drove a 99 prelude 1.5hours a day for about 6 months. Now I look back on it trying to figure out how I did it.

Anyways, thats a nice Fiero. I don't think I've ever seen one that looked nice and just wasn't rotting in front of someone's trailor.
Banchi105 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2005, 04:57 PM   #22
jstillwell
Regular User

Thanks. Actually mines pretty much a beater. It's a true daily driver with an Earl Scheib paint job that gets parked in the driveway. There is actually a pretty large group of pretty rabid hobbyist when it comes to the Fieros. Some are pretty laughable, but others are sublime.

Witness my friend Rick's 88 GT. Essentially it is a rebodied Oldsmobile Intrigue with a 3.5 liter DOHC "Shortstar" V6 and all of the Olds' electrical and instrumentation with Fiero chassis.

Old 12-13-2005, 05:52 AM   #23
MidEngine4Life
Regular User

I love the extra vent Rick added on the decklid. Looks so good.