Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Automotive Brands Forum > Ferrari

Ferrari Everything related to the Prancing Horse goes in here!

Old 10-05-2004, 12:13 PM   #31
Neutrino
Regular User

"Just_Me" are those numbers done with the same driver facing the same weather conditions? Because if not they are almost meaningless.

Lets not forget that in the same day with the same driver the GT3 RS had an identical time with the 360CS on the Top Gear track
Neutrino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2004, 12:35 PM   #32
sentra_dude

Originally Posted by SFDMALEX
:roll: everybody seems to forget that fact that it lapt nurburgring faster then the CGT. And so did the 360CS...in that case faster then the GT3.
What did the Enzo lap Nurburgring in?

From st-anger's thread, I think the CGT's best is 7:34 or 7:32...

360CS certainly didn't lap it faster than the CGT!

From the Sport Auto Supertest:
360CS: 7:56
911 GT3: 7:54

------------
1992 Toyota Celica GT 5spd, intake.
sentra_dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2004, 02:30 PM   #33
astonmartinandy
Regular User

I still find it quite hard to belive that a GT3 laps faster than a 360CS... More power, lighter and stickier Pirelli's!
"It's not long before Marco arrives, but he's at least five minutes behind an epic wall of noise that's been bouncing off the rock faces like a sonic pinball. Onlookers, of which there are many, seem relieved when the livid red Ferrari skims into view, happier still when they see it's driven by a friendly Italian, and not, as the thunderous sound effects suggested, the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse." Evo #059
astonmartinandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2004, 02:39 PM   #34
sentra_dude

Originally Posted by astonmartinandy
I still find it quite hard to belive that a GT3 laps faster than a 360CS... More power, lighter and stickier Pirelli's!
Considering that Ferrari is very likely over-rating the 360CS's hp, and under-rating it's weight, the power to weight ratio difference probably isn't as big as you think...

Combine that with Porsche's experience at the Ring, and rear-engine layout giving very good grip out of corners, its not a shock. Who knows, the time for the 360CS might come down if it had more laps there.

------------
Old 10-05-2004, 03:12 PM   #35
Just_me
Regular User

Originally Posted by Neutrino
"Just_Me" are those numbers done with the same driver facing the same weather conditions? Because if not they are almost meaningless.

Lets not forget that in the same day with the same driver the GT3 RS had an identical time with the 360CS on the Top Gear track
yes they are, with horst von saurma from SportAuto
Old 10-05-2004, 03:47 PM   #36
tigerx
Regular User

um, lol ferrari enzo got DNF cause of engine problems on the nurburgring. i've told you that haven't i?
Old 10-05-2004, 04:41 PM   #37
Neutrino
Regular User

Originally Posted by Just_me

Well that takes out one variable but teh weather still remains. And that can affect a car tremendously. Hot and humid will murder the engine while overly cold weather will reduce the summer-tire traction.

If you look at that list again a GT3 posted in 8/99 a time of 8.03 and in 6/03 a 7.54. So unless porsche changed a bunch of stuff on the car since, that difference is most likelly atributed to weather conditions.
Neutrino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2004, 04:51 PM   #38
SFDMALEX
Regular User

Originally Posted by nejcdolinsek
Lambo Murcielago: 212 m(from 250km/hr to standstill)
Ferrari Enzo: 215 m
Porsche Carrera GT: 191 m
Mercedes SLR McLaren: 221 m
The CGT could beat the Enzo around slower, more curvey tracks, because its a smaller car. But on "real" race tracks, which have more high speed corners, the Enzo would win. The nardo track is very curvey...

On the other hand, I don't think that times aroung the 'ring are of much use, because its just too long. I think there are very few drivers that are able to perfectly go round it.
speculations are fun, right? 8)
I believe CGt is faster than enzo on most of the tracks but just like you this only speculations.
Will we ever get an answer? Nope, I dont think so

More laptimes for you, this time on Hockenheim.

GT3: 1.13,2 min
GT3 RS: 1.11,8 min
CGT: 1.08,6 min
Stradale: 1.13 min

No times for Enzo but I think 1.08,6 min is hard to beat.
Hockenhm, thats the times I meant.
SFDMALEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2004, 04:53 PM   #39
SFDMALEX
Regular User

Originally Posted by sentra_dude
:roll: everybody seems to forget that fact that it lapt nurburgring faster then the CGT. And so did the 360CS...in that case faster then the GT3.

Dont confuse nordschliefe and nurburgring
SFDMALEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2004, 04:55 PM   #40
sentra_dude

lol, sorry...

Originally Posted by tigerx
um, lol ferrari enzo got DNF cause of engine problems on the nurburgring. i've told you that haven't i?
Umm, talking to me?

So...you're saying they've only made one try with the Enzo there? What is that crap?

------------
Old 10-05-2004, 05:31 PM   #41
mindgam3
Regular User

lol, sorry...

Originally Posted by tigerx
Umm, talking to me?

So...you're saying they've only made one try with the Enzo there? What is that crap?
well if they did make an outstandigly fast lap, surely they would have made a big deal about it and officially published it.....

Theres no reason why the CGT cant be faster than the Enzo around some tracks
mindgam3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2004, 07:21 PM   #42
bmagni
Regular User

Originally Posted by mindgam3
well if they did make an outstandigly fast lap, surely they would have made a big deal about it and officially published it.....

Theres no reason why the CGT cant be faster than the Enzo around some tracks
i totally agree with u... maybe the enzo is faster maybe the cgt is... maybe we wont ever get to know it officialy... but if one is faster than the other. it wont be by a great distance
bmagni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2004, 08:42 PM   #43
tigerx
Regular User

well if they manage a lap that's faster then the CGT then it woulda been a record now wouldn't it?
Old 10-06-2004, 01:27 AM   #44
noliebro
Regular User

does everybody here know that the FIA declared that the MC12 was not allowed to race, just said it cause it was mentioned earlier.

In a Porsche 911, you're going to have a very good time actually driving the thing, but everyone is going to hate you. They're going to give you dirty looks as you drive by, call you names at the lights, vandalise your paintwork in the night and never, ever let you out of a side turning. That's a given.

In the Vantage, everyone's going to want your babies.
-J.C.
noliebro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2004, 01:51 AM   #45
Just_me
Regular User

Well that takes out one variable but teh weather still remains. And that can affect a car tremendously. Hot and humid will murder the engine while overly cold weather will reduce the summer-tire traction.

If you look at that list again a GT3 posted in 8/99 a time of 8.03 and in 6/03 a 7.54. So unless porsche changed a bunch of stuff on the car since, that difference is most likelly atributed to weather conditions.
of course several factors are involved. But how easy do you think it is to collect all this great cars and test them at the same day?
Anyway, its better to use the same driver than use John from Egypt and then compare the times with Madonna from the states.
I say, same driver is better than nothing when comparing.

Also, you cant compare with a GT3 from -99 with a GT3 from year 2003. Those two are not the same cars, the one from -99 is the last generation GT3. The old one only had 360hp , the new one got 381hp and handling is also improved compared to last generation GT3.