Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Television and Movies > Top Gear Discussion

Old 12-04-2006, 01:46 PM   #31
saadie
Regular User

^^ yep

if you dont like Jermy .... you can always go and watch 5th gear
Old 12-04-2006, 01:49 PM   #32
Max Power

IMHO best he've done sofar
nah, he should have done more of the 94 Buick skits than track shit...

I want to know what he thinks of a LeBaron or a Corsica...
Max Power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006, 02:24 PM   #33
thepest
Regular User

I know this isn't the place, but I'm just curious after reading through the things you've said.

What do you reckon the best (overall) car in existance is? (or 2 or 3 cars)

Always outnumbered, never outguned!!!
thepest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006, 02:26 PM   #34
saadie
Regular User

murcielago LP640
zonda
koenigsegg
Old 12-04-2006, 02:36 PM   #35
ARMAN
Regular User

Originally Posted by thepest
I know this isn't the place, but I'm just curious after reading through the things you've said.

that indeed have absolutely nothing to do with the topic i think there was more than few times topics on this subject

.................................................. .............................
"...free your mind and the body will follow..." - THE MATRIX
ARMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006, 02:41 PM   #36
saadie
Regular User

^ the LP640 and the CCX didnt exist back then :prr:

spam
Old 12-04-2006, 03:05 PM   #37
TopGearNL
Regular User

Originally Posted by dm_h_2007
"hmm soo why have I never seen a stock Jeep Cherokee on offroad tracks or whatever. I've only seen modified versions of that car going offroad doing crazy things. Jeep cherokee in front of me is Freelander meterial. if you know what im saying. "

They did do this on Top Gear once. And in the first test the stock Cherokee clearly beat all the others. Then they showed all of them get stuck in the mud except the Jeep and just kind of stopped mentioning it. Back in the studio Hammond had to ask Jeremy why they didn’t show the Jeep in the mud test and Clarkson game some lame excuse and said “but it did get stuck too”. LOL yeah right, if the Jeep would have gotten stuck it would have been the featured clip of the whole thing.

Kind of how he out right lied about the Mustang, calling the V6 a V8.
Well you can always turn to 5th Gear
Old 12-04-2006, 03:11 PM   #38
dm_h_2007

#1 - Ferrari F50
#2 - S7
#3 - 2006 C6/Z06
#4 - S2000 (in th affordable catigory)
#5 - 5.7 GTO, aka Monaro (also in th affordable catigory)
#6 - WRX STi

Oh and the new Ford GTX1 is just pure sex on wheels! About the most amazing car I have ever seen!
dm_h_2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006, 03:18 PM   #39
saadie
Regular User

where are you from dm_h_2007 ?
Old 12-04-2006, 05:13 PM   #40
dm_h_2007

Originally Posted by saadie
where are you from dm_h_2007 ?
I’m in the USA.

The hypocrisy of this video just goes on and on. He talks about how great the Ford GT is but then has to point out all the components that are from Europe/UK. But when he was going on and on about that 2006 Range Rover he never mentions once that the 4.4 supercharged engines in both it and the Jag’s is 100% Ford/American designed. I mean come on he kept talking about how its the same engine in the Jag's but just seems to have forgotten that its also in the Lincoln LS? And how all the Land/Ranger Rover’s are MUCH better now that they use Ford engines rather than the weaker BMW engines that they had in 2003 and prior.

And did anyone understand the point he was trying to make about that 6 way intersection he walked across in Beverly Hills? He was complaining that in Italy an intersection like that would have been “carnage” like that’s a good thing! Yeah in Italy an intersection like that would be filled with mopeds crashing into Fiats!! And the Fiat’s would probably be taking more damage than the mopeds!! LOL

There were a lot of legitimate complaints/ arguments he could have made to show that American cars in general and particularly in the past are/were not as good as cars from other countries. But in true Clarkson style he seems to have missed every single one of them and instead spewed diarrhea nonsense out of his mouth for 115 mins!
Old 12-04-2006, 05:37 PM   #41
thepest
Regular User

Sorry guys, the best car question was for dm_h_2007. I forgot to mention this ops:

oh and btw, I'm surprised to see that you mention a Ferrari in your answer You sound more of a Ford kind of guy.

one more thing, the fact that you're in the states doesn't mean you are american

Always outnumbered, never outguned!!!
thepest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006, 05:45 PM   #42
dm_h_2007

Sorry guys, the best car question was for dm_h_2007. I forgot to mention this ops:

oh and btw, I'm surprised to see that you mention a Ferrari in your answer You sound more of a Ford kind of guy.

one more thing, the fact that you're in the states doesn't mean you are american
I am an American. And I am a hardcore Ferrari lover! They are by far my favorite cars in the world and have been since I was a little kid. I respect all cars really, except for German. I love the 911's and Carrera GT but thats it. I do not like any BMW's, VW's or Audi's. And I dont like the new Lambos becase of their owner.

Truth be told my favorite car list would go like this -

1 - F50
2 - Testarossa
3 - 1957 250GT
4 - 355
5 - MC12
then all the others.

I just thought it would be stupid to have a list that was all Ferrari/Maz
Old 12-04-2006, 05:49 PM   #43
Skaala
Regular User

I was very dissapointed... he uses the same comments (same lines) for the Viper as he does in the Top Gear review..... he could have come up with some new to say..... :roll: :roll: he even makes a big fuzz about the safety warnings, like he does in the TG review.. :roll: :roll:

not good enough clarckson,
Old 12-04-2006, 05:57 PM   #44
dm_h_2007

And again I just have to bring this up one more time. How could he sit there in a base V6 Mustang auto/convertible and say it was a V8?? He has been around cars way too much to have been confused or just have made a mistake. So he just plain outright lied. Why? He knows the kind of auto enthusiasts that watch his stuff. He had to know a lot of people could tell it was a lie, so why did he do it? Does he like to discredit himself? Or was he just drunk and or hung-over and wanted to take yet another smoke break and just could not be bothered to do it with a real V8 stang?

I just don’t get it.

For those of you that dont know the V6 only has 210HP. He said it was the V8 that has 300hp!!!!! If you watch the video look at the mustang. It has the black lower body skirt and cheap wheels that ONLY come on the V6!
Old 12-04-2006, 06:05 PM   #45
Skaala
Regular User

I'm all for what dm_h_2007 has said in the last posts. I have always loved JC and his vids, but this one was a bunch of shit. Old news, weird head to heads, and not very thought through, prepared or funny....