Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Television and Movies > Top Gear Discussion > The Cool Wall

The Cool Wall Our version of the cool wall.. you decide what's cool and what's not - view the results HERE

View Poll Results: Ford GT
subzero 49 41.88%
cool 41 35.04%
uncool 18 15.38%
seriously uncool 9 7.69%
Voters: 117. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-30-2005, 09:51 AM   #1
System
Regular User

Default Ford GT

System is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2005, 11:13 AM   #2
Chaos in 1983!
Regular User

it makes 4mpg...that can't be cool...that would make like 30min on a track....plus it has a truck's engine...uncool.

"You stick to building tractors and I will stick to building sports cars" -Enzo Ferrari to Ferruccio Lamborghini...
Chaos in 1983! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2005, 11:24 AM   #3
Erez
Regular User

Location: not where i want to be.. but life's a bitch i guess..

well the GT40 is a subzero.. the GT gets a very very cool vote from me.. (cooler then a 360..)

Things worth having don't come easy..
Erez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2005, 11:26 AM   #4
nthfinity
Regular User

i voted sub-zero

why?
first, its the fastest car i have ever driven... and mabey ever will drive (tho i hope not... but there are only a handful of em that are faster... all but 3 of them i desire)
its got the looks of a historic winning race car
its faster then the race car
its terreibly impractical
its easy to drive
SOOOOO MUUUUUCH POWWWER
its the perfect driving position
its a drivers' car, no electronic nannies
"the way ferrari used to make cars"
this car will steal the attention away from any other supercar
people will drive 100mph+ on the highway to get a second glimps of this car
Its the way America does a supercar (some say its wrong, but look at the original)
i've never met a dick-head owner
i could go on, and on... this car is simply AMAZING!!!!!

i prolly should've voted cool, since thats where it will end up... but thats now how i feel about this landmark Ford street car.

Originally Posted by Chaos in 1983!
it makes 4mpg...that can't be cool...that would make like 30min on a track....plus it has a truck's engine...uncool.
4mpg... 17 gallons... 15.7 laps of Spa... going flat out, my estimate is this would be about 50 minuites
Old 11-30-2005, 11:38 AM   #5
tigerx
Regular User

subzero for me why:

- look drop dead gorgeous
- rich heritage
- price
- power
- JC own one
- i want one
- The best american supercar.
Old 11-30-2005, 01:20 PM   #6
TT
Regular User

IMO they went too far in their revival try.. ok to create a car replicating the lines of the original, but they just overdid, almost creating an identical car :bah:
Still desirable, but uncool
Old 11-30-2005, 03:34 PM   #7
|Nuno|
Regular User

Uncool.

Reason? The GT40.
Old 11-30-2005, 06:40 PM   #8
mindgam3
Regular User

Originally Posted by |Nuno|
Uncool.

Reason? The GT40.
My thoughts exactly

If you've ever seen the original and this side by side, you know which one is sub zero and which is uncool

The original looks low, sleek and super fast.

The new one looks bulky and cartoon like in comparison
mindgam3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2005, 09:32 PM   #9
raphaelws

seriously uncool

1- Ugly
2- Too wide
3- 4 miles to gallon
4- The door has a 'roof'

Powered by DSC-H9
raphaelws is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2005, 11:09 PM   #10
SilviaEvo
Regular User

id say cool thats it
Old 12-01-2005, 06:50 AM   #11
RAMMIUS
Regular User

I like the design , but the engineering it`s just
Old 12-01-2005, 11:58 AM   #12
sentra_dude

Very, very cool, but not sub-zero.

Why is the mpg such a big deal?

4mpg is not what it gets in normal driving, that is track driving, so what do you expect from a 550hp car doing 0-60 in less than 4 sec, 30mpg? :roll:

If you took the mpg of any supercar while they were doing track driving, they would all be pretty bad, anyone should be able to tell that...and that definitely shouldn't be a reason for this car to be uncool, or if it is, it should be a reason for all supercars to be uncool.

------------
1992 Toyota Celica GT 5spd, intake.
sentra_dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2005, 12:08 PM   #13
Anonymous

Originally Posted by sentra_dude

4mpg is not what it gets in normal driving, that is track driving, so what do you expect from a 550hp car doing 0-60 in less than 4 sec, 30mpg? :roll:

If you took the mpg of any supercar while they were doing track driving, they would all be pretty bad, anyone should be able to tell that...and that definitely shouldn't be a reason for this car to be uncool, or if it is, it should be a reason for all supercars to be uncool.
Its true that all supercars have low MPG and i agree its no big thing, supercars should be impractical! Just i think Jeremy makes a big thing of it becasue i guess its tank is too small for his liking Anyway i'm going on the Jeremy factor- jeremy clarkson owns one therefore it is uncool
Old 12-01-2005, 12:25 PM   #14
Zot09
Regular User

Originally Posted by AL

Its true that all supercars have low MPG and i agree its no big thing, supercars should be impractical! Just i think Jeremy makes a big thing of it becasue i guess its tank is too small for his liking Anyway i'm going on the Jeremy factor- jeremy clarkson owns one therefore it is uncool

Didn't he sell his Ford GT?
http://driving.timesonline.co.uk/art...7058_1,00.html
Anyways, that is besides your point. I believe the Ford GT deserves a uncool ranking. Why?

1) The styling is copied from the original waaaayyyyyy too much. At least add a little bit of creativty Ford!!
2) Due to this lack of creativity, I think the car has no soul. It doesn't show the hard work and passion that is supposed to go into a super car.
3) It's a Ford, sorry. A few of my friends drive Fords(Focus, Mustang, etc) and I am not impressed at all by their quality. I'm sure the GT is different from the Mustang in terms of quality, but...well, I don't know what I am trying to say.
Old 12-01-2005, 01:20 PM   #15
Anonymous

Originally Posted by Zot09
Originally Posted by AL

Didn't he sell his Ford GT?
http://driving.timesonline.co.uk/art...7058_1,00.html
Anyways, that is besides your point. I believe the Ford GT deserves a uncool ranking. Why?
He GAVE it back to ford for a refund. He wouldn't sell it on the open market as he basically got one because he is Jeremy Clarkson, didn't want to make a profit on it, against his ethics and all that.
He then bought it back, don't know if it was from ford or a private dealer (it was offered at a dealer for a while) if it was from a dealer it probably cost him a hefty sum extra