Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Automotive Brands Forum > Lamborghini

Lamborghini Everything Lamborghini

Old 04-17-2004, 05:07 PM   #16
StanAE86
Regular User

If you long for the "unrefined" qualities of a supercar, you'll have to go with the old Lamborghinis. But I think the Audi influence is a positive and has made Lamborghini a better company now. Why have all the compromises? With all the other compromises that come with supercars (you can't see behind you when moving in tight places, it's a tad bit of a struggle to get in and out of, you have to think 5x before leaving the keys with a new valet, etc.), I'll take a higher quality interior, better gauge layout, better ergonomics, better fit and finish, better...

Just my opinion.

Cheers.
Old 04-17-2004, 06:28 PM   #17
spitfire6000
Regular User

i dont know, but for some odd reason, every time i look at a gallardo, be that either in a movie clip or in a picture, im never wowed. I always think so wat? it just doesnt feel exotic to me, like the murcielargo did
spitfire6000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2004, 08:34 PM   #18
HeilSvenska
Regular User

Ich bin pissed off. I mean, im happy that Lambo will shift sales into big numbers and quality's better, but the looks...the looks have gone away. I miss the old Lambo look inside and out.

I mean initially, i was in love with the Murcielago, but soon it faded away because i was only excited by the fact that it was a new lambo. I've been a lambo fan since i was 3, ever since i saw Cannonball2. Murcielago, every magazine raved that it was a collage of lamborghini of the past-with modern touches, and i agree, but i think that may be the problem. It doesn't have its own look. The car looks derivitive of other cars, unlike the Miura or Countach or the Diablo. and i was even more disappointed when the Gallardo came out. I welcomed it at first, but then...It's not like Countach or Diablo in a sense that i didn't need to spend time looking at the car from different angle trying to understand Gandini's work and even trying to digest it lets say. But Gallardo was too precisely executed, too clean, no technical flaws in the design.

and once again the interior in Murcielago and Gallardo are appallingly uninteresting. Two tone color scheme is about the only thing that makes these cabins remotely eye catching.

In m opinion, a supercar has to be flawed, it cannot be too perfect. I don't care if the ergonomics are spot on or it's easy to get in, or it has good warranty...as long as it goes fast, drives well, and turns heads, that's the supercar for me.
But Lamborghini, i think it SHOULD be hard to drive, impossible to rationalise, challenging to look at, and hard to get in.

Also I don't give a poop about the new Murcielago R-GT. Lambos were never made to compete in racing
I was created to be the stereotypical supercar (which infact the lamborghini created the stereotype of) just as Ferruccio Lamborghini had intended.

and yg60m, at least Chrysler didn't give lamborghini a (gallardo) new engine or Aluminum spaceframe which Cosworth(engine) and Audi(spaceframe) made or tried to change the core value of the company...
HeilSvenska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2004, 09:45 PM   #19
spitfire6000
Regular User

Great point heilsvenska, exactly like you said, the latest lambo is extremely bland by todays standards.

Flashback to the early years of the diablo or cuntach...in an era where all the other cars looked literally like squares, the lamborghinis looked like abomonations. It was impossible not to turn your head and look at them in disbelief.

Today, the gallardo has the same visual awe appeal as an acura NSX or a SL mercedes or a Dodge Viper. Hell, even some of the new crazy BMW designs look more head turning than the gallardo. The direction this company is going in is very dissapointing.
spitfire6000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2004, 11:11 PM   #20
oscargarza88
Regular User

Originally Posted by SPEEDKILLAR
Originally Posted by oscargarza88
Originally Posted by SPEEDKILLAR
Originally Posted by oscargarza88
well it depends, because tis basically a very topof the line audi, so i really dont think the original spririt of lambo is there, but that doesnt make it a worst car, its still great!! just different
What spirit, cars are just cars, they don't posses spirits, its design looks still Italian AND its got German decency.
ohh com on, not again.. taking ghtinks literally!
i mean the feel of a lambo, like the hard clutch, gearshift, etc..., put together they give u a different feel than driving something easy to drive

I don't think that would be an advantage, its all part of the evolution of cars, they have to be FASTER.
yea i agree, but changing company is not so much evolution, its mor elike a udden change, if lambo was still lambo then they would have evolved into faster lambos, not changed into other cars with the "lambo" nane on it
oscargarza88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2004, 02:23 AM   #21
N.J.
Regular User

Think about it this way...

German cars (bullet-proof build quality)
Italian cars (outrageous styling/flair, emotion)

Combine the 2 together - what do you come up with???...

You've got a car with outrageous styling, with bullet-proof build quality

p.s

Where's the downside?

Hasn't this always being the dream? ie. The ultimate car would have Italian flair with German engineering.
N.J. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2004, 08:31 AM   #22
saadie
Regular User

you are ryt ......... the only true example is the murcielago ......

gallardo is totally german built ...... ya frogot tht <<<<<
Old 04-19-2004, 10:37 AM   #23
HeilSvenska
Regular User

Italian cars (outrageous styling/flair, emotion)
Belgian styling. Bland, technical than emotional

the only true example is the murcielago ......
Not so. Murcielago's interior is horrid. and the exterior is not as innovative as it should be...derivitive in the way that it's supposed to remind you of lambos of the past...not lambo stuff, more of ...SL stuff
Old 04-19-2004, 01:21 PM   #24
saadie
Regular User

in the murcielago ....... italians have the thing tht they are best in and germans have done the stuff the they are best in .... so afer audii's takeover .... mercielago was the best car ..

gallardo is total german ...... and germasn are not v best in everything ....
Old 04-19-2004, 01:23 PM   #25
SPEEDKILLAR
Regular User

Originally Posted by saadie
in the murcielago ....... italians have the thing tht they are best in and germans have done the stuff the they are best in .... so afer audii's takeover .... mercielago was the best car ..

gallardo is total german ...... and germasn are not v best in everything ....
Some examples what Germans are not best in...just out of curiosity

Tariq Ali - Clash of Fundamentalisms

Blaire is a figleaf

Cars are my hobby, driving them is my passion.

Originally Posted by Dan\/6
damn speedkillar, if you didnt have a title already it would now say 'robofucker' or similar
SPEEDKILLAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2004, 03:41 PM   #26
saadie
Regular User

The X Factor has gone ...

1) Gull wing door's
2) The engine
3) Italian 4 wheel drive
4) Italian styling
5) The rage
6) Scarey'ness
7) Outrage'ness
θ) Being a Headturner
9) Being an Italian Super Car
10) And theres alot more to it ...

yah .... and the R-GT'ness \/

Old 04-19-2004, 06:13 PM   #27
mit5005
Regular User

I think it all depends on personal taste. Of course the newer Lambos are better, engineering wise, but some like the very exotic look and feel of the old ones. Just by looking at the Diablo next to a Murc, you can see something has changed. I can say that I like the new ones better.
mit5005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2004, 06:34 PM   #28
HeilSvenska
Regular User

Still, Diablo looks damn good even after 10 yrs

I don't think Murcielago can, especially in the midst of a boom of super exotic cars that look more memorable like the Zonda or Enzo
HeilSvenska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2004, 08:05 PM   #29
Tuscan
Regular User

Some of you forget a key point. Lambo hadn't come out with a new car in years because they lacked critical funding. (i.e. Chrysler really didn't care). Audi has done wonders for Lambo in that it is willing to throw money at new projects. Just look, they have made the murc, gallardo, and the R-GT in a very short time compared to the rest of their history.

Although I would tend to agree with HeilSvenska. The Diablo did have some styling characteristics that the more futuristic Murc and Gallardo lack.
Old 04-19-2004, 08:11 PM   #30
Sydbom
Regular User

Originally Posted by Tuscan
Some of you forget a key point. Lambo hadn't come out with a new car in years because they lacked critical funding. (i.e. Chrysler really didn't care). Audi has done wonders for Lambo in that it is willing to throw money at new projects. Just look, they have made the murc, gallardo, and the R-GT in a very short time compared to the rest of their history.

Although I would tend to agree with HeilSvenska. The Diablo did have some styling characteristics that the more futuristic Murc and Gallardo lack.
it was not chrysler who owned lambo before AUDI!
it was a malaysian company!

edit: i know chrysler owned them for a couple of year though!

and what lamborghini should do is to start making the Countach again!
same styling as the QV but with everything on the inside new! it would sell like hell!!!!
Sydbom is offline   Reply With Quote