Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > General Discussion > Motorsport News And Discussion

Old 03-12-2004, 01:32 PM   #16
xavifigui
Regular User

Not probably, sure it.
Ralf is a driver that needs to have a good car and performance to get good results not, like other like Alonso, a future championship winner, and webber taht with his jaguar obtains very good results taking into acount that Jaguar only have a good engine, only good, and other parts of the F1 are too bad.
xavifigui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2004, 03:50 AM   #17
tekwar
Regular User

i agree that alonso and webber definitely show more potential than ralf. Webber especially considering he always makes his teammates lose their jobs in F1. I wouldnt want to be his teammate.
tekwar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2004, 03:04 PM   #18
ae86_16v
Regular User

Default Not it's Toyota

Ralf Schumacher

Ralf Schumacher is ready to sign a Formula One deal with Toyota.

The German is sick of tenuous negotiations with BMW-Williams and could earn upwards of $22 million per-season at the Cologne-based team from 2005.

Earlier, Schumacher was linked with a switch to Renault.

But an insider close to Toyota told The People: 'Ralf has been having meeting after meeting with the team to iron out a deal and he's now ready to sign.'

- F1-Live.com
ae86_16v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2004, 03:37 PM   #19
gucom
Regular User

hmmmmmmmmm if i were him id leave williams as soon as possible, cos frank williams isnt known for his loyalty towards his drivers...remember hill after '96, he had just become world champion, and he got dropped by williams. BTW i dont c ralf doing anything special in F1 anymore, i wouldnt take him if i were Renault.
Also for Jenson Button, if i were him id NEVER go to williams, just stay where he is now, looks like BAR will become 1 of the better teams.
Old 03-15-2004, 03:48 PM   #20
5vz-fe
Regular User

If Ralf really went to Toyota, then he won't be going anywhere in the next few years..... Toyota needs to improve alot to get to the podium. Too bad all seats at BAR are taken
Old 03-15-2004, 10:32 PM   #21
campank
Regular User

I dunno I think Frank Williams is pretty loyal to his drivers. The reason why Damon Hilll and Nigel Mansell for that matter left WilliamsF1 was because they demanded major pay raises that, however deserving, Frank wasn't going to pay. So I think that Frank is loyal to his drivers just as long as he doesn't have to pay them too much.

As for Toyota, that is the most likely option as this thing with Ralf seems to me money centered, and since Toyota is rumored to have the biggest budget in the paddock, they can surely afford the $15M+ that Ralf is demanding.
Old 03-16-2004, 04:53 PM   #22
Anonymous

i agree with gucom he should just stay. Grass is alway greener on the otherside. BAR is going to become a good competitive team. they just need some time