Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > General Discussion > Motorsport News And Discussion

Old 10-19-2007, 03:48 PM   #31
acmarttin
Regular User

I would like Hamilton a lot more if he had worked his way to the top. Well...I mean...he did work for it. Hopefully you guys know what I'm trying to say. I suppose I wish he were a "lessons learned" champion so to speak instead of the little boy who was given a stolen car that won every race for him.
Old 10-19-2007, 04:00 PM   #32
Fleischmann
Regular User

^^^ I agree. Kubica and Hamilton competed against each other in motor racing before joining F1 and apparantelly Kubica was usually on top. Just shows how big an impact the stolen car has on his success. I don't want to take any credit away from him, he must be a talented driver, but I just don't think that would be enough for him to be top if everybody had the same car.

Originally Posted by hwjunkie
He dodged a bullet by not getting penalized the time he passed the safety car in the rain... He should have gotten a penalty, if it was Michael, he would have gotten a penalty...
Then there was the time when Hamilton spun out and a crane was used to put him back on the track, even though his car wasn't posiitioned in a place hazardous to the other drivers.
Old 10-19-2007, 04:05 PM   #33
hwjunkie
Regular User

Originally Posted by acmarttin
I would like Hamilton a lot more if he had worked his way to the top. Well...I mean...he did work for it. Hopefully you guys know what I'm trying to say. I suppose I wish he were a "lessons learned" champion so to speak instead of the little boy who was given a stolen car that won every race for him.
I agree, that's what I was saying in one of my other posts... Drivers like Heidfeld, Vettel, Rosberg and others could easily have done just as well if they were driving that exact car... It's too bad they didn't have that chance, but maybe they will in the future depending on where they end up next year, a couple of those guys may end up on top teams next year or maybe even be Hamilton's teammate?

It's interesting how Raikkonen for the last couple years was smokin' fast in the McLaren but the car was unreliable and that's pretty much why he didn't win a championship, but now that he's on Ferrari, the McLaren is one of the most reliable cars on the grid... I wonder why... Ferrari has been very reliable for many years, I wonder if they had information about Ferrari if they could make their car more reliable>> :shock:
hwjunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2007, 04:07 PM   #34
hwjunkie
Regular User

Originally Posted by mrmojo77
If the rule says that one set of tires is the thing, then I'm hoping for a some kind of penalty for those who broke the rule. Most likely it's a fine.
Yes, they should get penalties and it should be a time or grid spot penalty, not money...!
Old 10-19-2007, 04:09 PM   #35
saadie
Regular User

^^ well that isnt realy illegal ...

if the marshals can push you back on the track .. then yeah .. you can continue ..
Old 10-19-2007, 04:42 PM   #36
dali
Regular User

I hope that they will lose some positions in the grid, but latest rumour says that teams might have to pay 15.000$ and those drivers will lose one set of tires for the rest of the weekend. Let's wait for the official statement...
dali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2007, 05:26 PM   #37
hwjunkie
Regular User

Originally Posted by dali
I hope that they will lose some positions in the grid, but latest rumour says that teams might have to pay 15.000$ and those drivers will lose one set of tires for the rest of the weekend. Let's wait for the official statement...
That sucks, they shouldn't have to pay anything, they should lose 5 or even 10 grid spots. When do they have to decide by?
Old 10-19-2007, 05:40 PM   #38
blue8
Regular User

Lewis Hamilton has been fined (US) $21,000 by stewards at the Brazilian Grand Prix and had the offending wet weather tyre set confiscated after an inquiry at Interlagos on Friday.

The McLaren driver, as well as Jenson Button and Takuma Sato, received the penalty for breaching Article 25.3 of the sporting regulations by using more than one set of wet tyres in the rain hit morning practice session.

Hamilton, Button and Sato they can now head into Saturday practice and qualifying minus any grid position penalty.

Honda has no comment to make after Friday practice, while Super Aguri Honda Sporting Director Graham Taylor admitted the team had 'made a mistake'. Over at McLaren and Team Principal Ron Dennis had stated the error 'did not provide any performance advantage.'
Darn, I was expecting a time or grid penalty. Now I'm really hoping for a wet race!!!

blue8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2007, 05:50 PM   #39
hwjunkie
Regular User

Originally Posted by blue8
Lewis Hamilton has been fined (US) $21,000 by stewards at the Brazilian Grand Prix and had the offending wet weather tyre set confiscated after an inquiry at Interlagos on Friday.

The McLaren driver, as well as Jenson Button and Takuma Sato, received the penalty for breaching Article 25.3 of the sporting regulations by using more than one set of wet tyres in the rain hit morning practice session.

Hamilton, Button and Sato they can now head into Saturday practice and qualifying minus any grid position penalty.

Honda has no comment to make after Friday practice, while Super Aguri Honda Sporting Director Graham Taylor admitted the team had 'made a mistake'. Over at McLaren and Team Principal Ron Dennis had stated the error 'did not provide any performance advantage.'
Darn, I was expecting a time or grid penalty. Now I'm really hoping for a wet race!!!
That's just wrong, if it's not a wet race, the penalty of tires means nothing! And speaking of meaning nothing, the only one that the money will affect is maybe Sato and he probably won't be paying it out of his pocket anyway, the team will. Button has tons of cash and Hamilton will be making $22 million a year for the next 5 years, he can piss away $21,000 daily and still have plenty of cash leftover.
Old 10-19-2007, 05:54 PM   #40
blue8
Regular User

^ Correction about what I posted: the teams will be fined, not the drivers (as dali mentioned). Weather prediction for qualifying and the race is dry.

The penalty means absolutely nothing!

Old 10-19-2007, 06:16 PM   #41
hwjunkie
Regular User

^ Correction about what I posted: the teams will be fined, not the drivers (as dali mentioned). Weather prediction for qualifying and the race is dry.

The penalty means absolutely nothing!
I don't remember any penalties in F1 in the past that they fined the driver or team, only time penalties and grid spot penalties, nor have I seen them say that a driver did something, like Hamilton passing the safety car, and them not doing anything about it. Any time Alonso or Michael did something wrong, they got a penalty that mattered, not slap on the wrist...

I hope someone other than Hamilton gets pole and they colide in the first corner and his car is damaged enough to where he has to pit and ends up in the back of the pack... But, I think he's very lucky so that probably won't happen?
Old 10-19-2007, 07:53 PM   #42
gangajas
Regular User

Lex Hamliton doing a brake test to Kimi Raikkonen:

http://rapidshare.com/files/63729722...oard.divx.html

Brake tests are becoming Hamilton's trademark, this child is really dangerous to the other drivers.

Btw

Originally Posted by Paul Tracy
I don't really care who wins, but I'd quite like to see Alonso do it just to [annoy] Ron Dennis before he leaves.
gangajas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2007, 09:03 PM   #43
blue8
Regular User

^ You should upload the video on YouTube and see if the FOM takes it down

Old 10-20-2007, 08:08 AM   #44
gangajas
Regular User

^ You should upload the video on YouTube and see if the FOM takes it down
I don't want to be banned from Youtube