Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > General Discussion > Motorsport News And Discussion

Old 07-09-2006, 11:48 AM   #1
ingko
Regular User

Default Montoya to NASCAR?!?!

http://www.speedtv.com/articles/auto/formulaone/28230/

Well, looks like I'll have to learn NASCAR rules and regs now that my favorite driver is in it. Now I'll have one less reason to wake up at 7am on a Sunday to watch an F1 race. This is quite a shocker, I would have thought that the old racers like good but not good enough coulthard, ralf schumacher, trulli, and the others who just stagnate would be out of a seat.
ingko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2006, 11:59 AM   #2
nthfinity
Regular User

still wont watch nascar

i bet Juan Pablo is in it for the money; and i bet the lap times will fall a wee bit
Old 07-09-2006, 12:15 PM   #3
nickthaskater

I doubt he's in it for the money, since Williams offered him a ride and I'm guessing that probably paid more than a selectively run NASCAR seat.

Should be interesting though, he's certainly got the aggressiveness to duke it out haha.
Old 07-09-2006, 12:38 PM   #4
sameerrao
Regular User

I think he will fit in like a glove ... I guess I will have to tune in once in a while to see the beautiful Connie Montoya

"Tazio Nuvolari - The greatest driver of the past, the present and the future" - Ferdinand Porsche
sameerrao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2006, 01:31 PM   #5
SFDMALEX
Regular User

ahahah well the best for the sport of F1.
SFDMALEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2006, 01:52 PM   #6
dutchmasterflex
Regular User

Originally Posted by nickthaskater
I doubt he's in it for the money, since Williams offered him a ride and I'm guessing that probably paid more than a selectively run NASCAR seat.
NASCAR is the most profitable form of motorsport, in the world. He is definitely getting more money racing in NASCAR. That's where the money is at in racing..
Old 07-09-2006, 01:56 PM   #7
black_magician
Regular User

:roflmao: :roflmao: :wanker: :roflmao:
black_magician is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2006, 02:00 PM   #8
nickthaskater

Originally Posted by dutchmasterflex
NASCAR is the most profitable form of motorsport, in the world. He is definitely getting more money racing in NASCAR. That's where the money is at in racing..
Yet Schumacher continues to pull in eighty-some odd million a year, while Jeff Gordon makes around twenty-five million (somewhere around there anyways).
nickthaskater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2006, 02:14 PM   #9
RC45
Regular User

Originally Posted by dutchmasterflex
Yet Schumacher continues to pull in eighty-some odd million a year, while Jeff Gordon makes around twenty-five million (somewhere around there anyways).
Exactly - and the next guy down the list makes about $10 million - right?

Thats the problem wiht F1 - the HUGE difference in earnings of the drivers.

NASCAR drivers have salaries and contingency income. Even a NASCAR rookie earns about $400,000 a year.

Thats not counting the fact that a win at Daytona for example carries a Million Dollar purse.

The F1 team owners, Bernie and Max may make the big money, but not all the drivers.
RC45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2006, 02:17 PM   #10
nickthaskater

There may be huge gaps, but even the third drivers are making good money, with a top driver like De La Rosa raking in around $9 million

At the lowest of the low, the drivers still make around $400,000
Old 07-09-2006, 02:33 PM   #11
dutchmasterflex
Regular User

F1 has more problems than dealing with their drivers paychecks... If only they got their heads out of their asses..
Old 07-09-2006, 02:43 PM   #12
RC45
Regular User

There may be huge gaps, but even the third drivers are making good money, with a top driver like De La Rosa raking in around $9 million

At the lowest of the low, the drivers still make around $400,000
Which again goes to support the fact that NASCAR drivers on average make more money than F1 drivers

The privateer that comes in LAST place at a NASCAR fixture even gets paid a contingency fee of about $40,000.

NASCAR races about 40 times a year.. how many F1 races do they run again?
Old 07-09-2006, 02:53 PM   #13
nickthaskater

How does that prove on average? I gave an example of the bottom of the barrel salary and suddenly that proves something?

edit:

A semi-accurate average F1 salary would be around 2 million, as of around 3 years ago anyways, and drivers are making more than ever nowadays so you could probably bump that up a bit, especially with Kimi and Fernando making a hell of a lot more next year than they are now.
Old 07-09-2006, 02:56 PM   #14
SFDMALEX
Regular User

Fuck Nascar.

And Monotoya can fuck off right to it.

And no shit they make good money, they have tons of retarted rednecks watching the sport for reasons that are beyond me. I mean the crowd there doesnt even what makes the cars go but yet they watch it.
SFDMALEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2006, 03:03 PM   #15
RC45
Regular User

How does that prove on average? I gave an example of the bottom of the barrel salary and suddenly that proves something?

I have told you before... I don't post or suggest bullshit. Here is an example of the type of data that is out there - if you bothered to look for it. It may be older data but all indications are the same salary spread is true.

http://www.indiacar.com/index2.asp?p...nfs/budget.htm

Read em and weep.

Formula 1 Drivers Salaries
An enormous gap exists between the top paid and the second, third and fourth highest paid drivers with Michael Schumacher's basic salary at Ј19.1 million compared to BAR driver, Jacques Villeneuve's, Mika Hakkinen's and Eddie Irvine's Ј6.3 million.

The top six is rounded off with Ralf Schumacher on Ј3.8 million followed by Rubens Barrichello in sixth place earning Ј3.5 million.

The rest of the drivers salaries are as follows:

Giancarlo Fisichella Ј2.5 million
Heinz-Harald Frentzen Ј2.2 million
Jarno Trulli Ј2.0 million
Jean Alesi Ј1.9 million
David Coulthard Ј1.7 million
Ricardo Zonta Ј1.7million
Mika Salo Ј1.5 million
Alex Wurz Ј956,000
Johnny Herbert Ј796,000
Nick Heidfeld Ј637,000
Jenson Button Ј191,000
Jos Verstappen Ј159,000
Marc Gene Nil
Gaston Mazzcane Ј1.2 million
Pedro Diniz Ј5.0 million
Pedro de la Rosa Ј5.0 million

On average, F1 drivers are underpaid in relation to other drivers.

You are just angry because you hate NASCAR, and it turns out to be more of a money maker than your precious F1.

For the record I dislike both racing series