Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Hobbies and Leisure Time > Music And Noise

Music And Noise This is where to discuss you favourite Artists, Bands and own Music

Old 05-04-2006, 08:58 AM   #16
dutchmasterflex
Regular User

Some of these people aren't exactly music lovers IMO..
Old 05-04-2006, 03:27 PM   #17
Toronto
Regular User

Originally Posted by SFDMALEX
Originally Posted by Toronto
RHCP have been on a downhill ride, and if this next album blows, i think it is time to but them in the hasbeen file.

it has taken them how many year to make an album?
zeppelin 1 was made is less then a week, same with the beatles please please me.
Oh show me a band these days that releases an album every year.

How has it been a downhill ride? One Hit Minute with Navaro was a downhill ride. Californication was a great record and By The Way was a good record.

And Stadium Arcadium is the fucking record.

"The Red Hot Chili Peppers’ recent shows at Hyde Park in London set a new world record as the highest grossing concert event at a single venue in music history, bringing in an astonishing $17 million. The three shows (June 19, 20 and 25) sold out within hours of going on sale, had a paying audience of 258,000 punters, bringing in $17,187,234 (approximately £9,115,282) setting a new world record. "

If thats a downhill band then I dunno who isnt.
first off the album isn't even out how do you know it is the 'shit'?
you just living off the hype,
dani california? that song is good, but it isn't better then any song on 'by the way'

as for the concert, that is like $65 a ticket per person. your telling my somone sitting @ the back of the park i gonna pay 65 bones to see ants perform? if that isn't about the money then i don't know what is?

downhill ride, you kinda answered my question
you said it your self,
californication great - by the way good - stadium arcadium is gonna be ok (imo)
great, good, ok. downhill.
Old 05-04-2006, 03:33 PM   #18
Toronto
Regular User

Originally Posted by gucom
SFDMALEX, dont get all wound up about it, we know the chili peppers rock, we enjoy their music, if others dont too bad for them...

but the john frusciante getting high stuff is utter bullshit indeed...
you think I was serious when i said that? it was a joke out of anger.
i am angry that i have to pay for pre-sale info because i want to see them because they are a good band IMO, but making people pay to get presale info and to be part of a 'forum' is just GAY IMO. and has nothing to do with the music.

but now that you mention it, if your not on acid, pot, or wiskey your music ain't gonna sound as good as people who are on acid, pot or wiskey (just look @ zeppelin, beatles, hendrix, blacksabbath, blue cheer, rolling stones.... the list goes on)
Old 05-04-2006, 05:07 PM   #19
SFDMALEX
Regular User

Originally Posted by gucom
SFDMALEX, dont get all wound up about it, we know the chili peppers rock, we enjoy their music, if others dont too bad for them...

but the john frusciante getting high stuff is utter bullshit indeed...
lol mate I never did get "wound up"
SFDMALEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2006, 05:12 PM   #20
SFDMALEX
Regular User

first off the album isn't even out how do you know it is the 'shit'?
you just living off the hype,
dani california? that song is good, but it isn't better then any song on 'by the way'

as for the concert, that is like $65 a ticket per person. your telling my somone sitting @ the back of the park i gonna pay 65 bones to see ants perform? if that isn't about the money then i don't know what is?

downhill ride, you kinda answered my question
you said it your self,
californication great - by the way good - stadium arcadium is gonna be ok (imo)
great, good, ok. downhill.
Mate I had the album since Sunday So I know its TEH SHit Best work next to BSSM. And BSSM was a braketrhough album, somehting that can only be matched.

As for the concert I dunno man.

I paid 60$ few years ago to see Deep Purple from all the way back of the Amphitiater.

I paid 200$ for two Depeche Mode tickets to see them from...well just behind the floors actually that wasnt that bad a ACC.

Dunno what concerts you go to man, all I know all my concerts the minimum price was always about 50$, thats like the cheapest tickets.

The cheapest I paid for a ticket here was when I went to the Jazz Festival and that was still something like 40$ a pop.
Old 05-04-2006, 05:15 PM   #21
SFDMALEX
Regular User

you think I was serious when i said that? it was a joke out of anger.
i am angry that i have to pay for pre-sale info because i want to see them because they are a good band IMO, but making people pay to get presale info and to be part of a 'forum' is just GAY IMO. and has nothing to do with the music.
d00de I agree, but I dont htink the band is resposinble for every single dollar that we have to pay be it album or tickets.

Sure they want money, but I dont think their intention is to squeeze the max money out of their fans.
Old 05-14-2006, 02:55 PM   #22
gucom
Regular User

sorry for the bump, but ive had this album for almost a week now, its amazing, that doesnt even begin to describe it for me...just wanted to share that with u