Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > General Discussion > Motorsport News And Discussion

Old 03-18-2006, 09:20 AM   #16
SFDMALEX
Regular User

3 engine changes for Ferriar eh..............well and I thought they get their act back together oh well, now that they suck that hard maybe they will be hard pressed to imporve......
SFDMALEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2006, 11:07 AM   #17
Cockrocket
Regular User

Rosberg has again acheived more than could have been expected. His second grand prix...first time at this circuit and he bets the Master Schumi and gets 3rd position. The Williams and Rosberg are actualy looking like championship contenders figures crossed!!

The Best is the Best...but their is always someone Better!
Cockrocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2006, 11:09 AM   #18
sameerrao
Regular User

I am sure that this will be an awesome race with Kimi in sixth and Alonso seventh with Michael about 7 places behind. Or it could be Button's first win.

Rosberg was splendid. He was super articulate in the press conference unlike the mumbling Fisi . It'll be nice if he can finish on the podium tomorrow.

I am glad to see a smile back on Frank Williams face. For such a competitive man used to winning championships, it must have been really painful being in the mid-pack. Now FW needs to do the one thing he has always lacked - retain the talent - being tightfisted, he has found young chargers but they have left him for better opportunities elsewhere.

The prospect of rain is good - it will make things more exciting for sure....

"Tazio Nuvolari - The greatest driver of the past, the present and the future" - Ferdinand Porsche
sameerrao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2006, 11:58 AM   #19
Wielblad
Regular User

F1 Malaysia, Qualifying

Originally Posted by Juan Pablo Montoya
“I am happy with our qualifying result today, and we will see tomorrow with the different fuel loads just how well we have done. Hopefully the Michelin tyres will continue to perform, so far they have been good, but it is a very long and hot race. We have worked intensively on the set-up of the car and I am much happier with it. I am looking forward to a good race tomorrow where we can hopefully be challenging at the front."

Originally Posted by Kimi Räikkönen
“I had a little bit of traffic on my out lap at the end of the session which disrupted my flying lap. As a result I didn't do as well as I could have, but I am pretty happy with the result. The car could still be better but I think that we have a competitive strategy and we will still be strong in the race tomorrow.”
Old 03-18-2006, 12:08 PM   #20
Max Power

starting grid, from F1-live

Max Power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2006, 05:31 PM   #21
SFDMALEX
Regular User

Too bad Massa sucks balls from the back like last race. Thats why I want Rubens back on the team. He would have been in top 8 by lap 10.
Old 03-18-2006, 07:48 PM   #22
mindgam3
Regular User

What did I tell you all before the season started - Williams are this seasons dark horse

Gonna be a great race tomorrow. I think the McLarens are carrying a lot more fuel. Fisi thought that Alonso had a bad run rather than running heavy but that could all be an act of innocence.

Gonna make a brave prediction of:

1. Kimi
2. Button
3. Rosberg
mindgam3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2006, 07:49 PM   #23
sameerrao
Regular User

Originally Posted by SFDMALEX
Too bad Massa sucks balls from the back like last race. Thats why I want Rubens back on the team. He would have been in top 8 by lap 10.
Hope you know that the reason he didnt qualify so well is because he got a 10 grid spot penalty for an engine change and he did just enough to make it into Qlf session 2 but didnt really put a fast lap to get into the top 10 qualifying - he wanted to save his engine and tires for the race as he was going to get docked 10 spots anyway.

"Tazio Nuvolari - The greatest driver of the past, the present and the future" - Ferdinand Porsche
Old 03-18-2006, 07:57 PM   #24
bmagni
Regular User

this engine change is making things intresting... i know Ferrari will do well
bmagni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2006, 08:06 PM   #25
SFDMALEX
Regular User

Originally Posted by sameerrao
Originally Posted by SFDMALEX
Hope you know that the reason he didnt qualify so well is because he got a 10 grid spot penalty for an engine change and he did just enough to make it into Qlf session 2 but didnt really put a fast lap to get into the top 10 qualifying - he wanted to save his engine and tires for the race as he was going to get docked 10 spots anyway.
I know I know, he got a 20 place penalty, but I still think the guy wont even make it into the top 10.
Old 03-18-2006, 11:06 PM   #26
sameerrao
Regular User

Originally Posted by dani_d_mas
I heard that Massa changed his engine... twice!!! So he got a 20 grid spot penaly :shock:
One more engine change and they will make him start from Italy.

Old 03-18-2006, 11:13 PM   #27
Toronto
Regular User

even with starting in italy, when the light goes green he will be 10 car lengths in front of Super Aguri!!!
Old 03-18-2006, 11:46 PM   #28
Toronto
Regular User

ferrari cheating? no way
http://www.speedtv.com/articles/formulaone/auto/22628/
Old 03-19-2006, 01:39 AM   #29
SFDMALEX
Regular User

bloody hell this sucks................why do the hold races in countries with tottaly screwed up times zones?

There is no way I can stay awake for 3 more hours.......................blah going to sleep
Old 03-19-2006, 01:52 AM   #30
Toronto
Regular User

^^^ wimp, what do you have to do on a sunday?