Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Hobbies and Leisure Time > Music And Noise

Music And Noise This is where to discuss you favourite Artists, Bands and own Music

Old 10-10-2007, 04:04 AM   #1
acmarttin
Regular User

Default Radiohead's New Album Came Out Today (And It's Free)

Well I've been a long time Radiohead Fan - since 1995 in fact. I used to have some Radiohead lyrics in my sig, but I felt they were misunderstood so I took them off ("In an interstellar burst, I'm back to save the universe" - from Airbag)

Their new CD "In Rainbows" came out today at midnight. Which is why I'm writing this at 1 am, haha. The best part is it's free off of their website www.inrainbows.com so if you're reading this - you might as well download it because you pay whatever you want for it - including $0.00

I just have to report that it's, in my opinion of course, the best album to come out this decade. (And that's including their last album.) It's incredibly good. I'd write a more thorough review, but I have to go to bed. So I'll come back and share my impressions later tomorrow afternoon after I get off of work.

But as a final word. You really should download it

Later guys.
Old 10-10-2007, 04:51 AM   #2
MidEngine4Life
Regular User

My friend Stacy has to be the biggest radiohead fan on the planet, im amazed i had to learn about their new album here and not through her.
Old 10-11-2007, 12:30 AM   #3
acmarttin
Regular User

Well I've been listening to it all day and here's basically what I think:

A band like Radiohead has a big hurdle to face when they're thinking of launching a 7th album after 6 phenomenal albums, including albums like Kid A and OK Computer which are consistently in the "Top 100 Rock Albums of All Time" lists from all over the world. So when you hear they're going to make that 7th album, the first expectation their fans have is that it must follow suit. It's got to be great. Not just good. And how many bands actually achieve that?

In Rainbows is definitely Radiohead. The first few seconds of fast paced ticking and humming from "15 step" really gear you up for that Radiohead experience. And although it's a familiar intro - like Sit Down, Stand Up on the Hail to the Thief album, Radiohead's newest evolution in sound reveals itself.

I really appreciate the jazziness (I'm trying my best to articulate my feelings I'm no music critic!) of this album. Once Thom's voice breaks through in the first track the feeling I had was "Ohhhh fuck yeah, this is going to be good." And that's exactly what I wanted. It's so gratifying.

As a damn near lifelong fan of the band, there is a part of me that wants to hear Radiohead as I remember them. But I also want to hear a new sound as well. Not the same tracks that have broken the 300 mark on my itunes playcount. And I feel that they have successfully done this. I mean...I've had the album on repeat since I saluted my boss this morning to the 15 minute drive home in my car stereo.

The track "Nude" was formerly a B-side track called "Big Ideas" which was actually my favorite Radiohead song since the Amnesiac album. (I have 7 bootlegged versions of it ) So you could imagine my enthusiasm as I heard the first 2 chords and immediately recognized the melody.

My favorite song right now is "Reckoner" Everytime I hear the melody build up I want to rent a vintage drop-top and cruise into the sunset listening to that song. It just carries itself so well.

And I'm sure that is to change, as my taste usually does. Probably next to the sexy and moving "All I Need" or perhaps "Faust Arp"

Well guys - currently goodduck - I feel that you don't have to be a fanatic like me to really appreciate this album. But if you've been a fan of the band in the past - or always have been. This new one is definitely worth it.

Thank you Radiohead. You've never let me down! 8)
Old 10-11-2007, 12:34 AM   #4
acmarttin
Regular User

Originally Posted by MidEngine4Life
My friend Stacy has to be the biggest radiohead fan on the planet, im amazed i had to learn about their new album here and not through her.
LOL, That's because Jabba's World is the source of all the info you'll ever need to know