Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > General Discussion > General Chat

General Chat General chat about anything that doesn't fit in another section here

Old 07-11-2008, 02:29 PM   #1
kach22i
Regular User

Default Do motorcycles and tattoos go together?

Just a question I had as I sat at a stoplight the other day.

Architect and Business Owner
kach22i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2008, 09:27 PM   #2
F250
Regular User

Tattoos are linked with idiocy. Case in point - the stupid girl in the photos.

The mark of an stupid rider is the lack of leathers and particularly gloves. When she falls off her bike (and she will), she will extend her arms out to break the fall. When her naked palms touch the asphalt, the paint of her skin being scraped off to the bone at 43 MPH will cause her to pull back her hands and ride out the rest of her accident on her unprtected elbows, shoulders, etc.

At some point, a body part with drag on the asphalt hard enough to cause her to tumble. Then her entire body (jeans and running shoes are no protection) will become a bloody meat and bone bag.

P.S.: In another 30 years, that tattoo will be on her right butt cheek.
F250 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2008, 09:43 PM   #3
HeilSvenska
Regular User

Originally Posted by F250 View Post
Wow. That's extreme. Even though I will never get a tattoo in my lifetime, I can't say that getting tattoo is stupid. It's more like, stupid people get stupid tattoos. Though if I were to get a tattoo, I'd probably go all out and get a sleeve... It'd look silly when I'm old and wrinkly.

Tattoos and motorcycles go together? Probably not. Maybe tattoos and bikers? Hell's Angels? More than likely?
Old 07-20-2008, 10:21 PM   #4
5vz-fe
Regular User

The exhaust looks abit out of place in that bike, what's the model of that bike? Is it always the stock exhaust position?

She really should wear proper bike outfit to better protect herself.
Old 07-21-2008, 02:36 AM   #5
styla21
Regular User

I must live in idiot central.. Cos i see more people than not that have tattoos these days.
Especially guys with bikes.. Chicks I can't comment on so much.

i watched the UFC fight over the w/e.. They all that them. Ok so thats a stereotype / image that must have them? Well I also saw some rugby.. Again, all tatted up. What about the clean sport of F1?
Kimi's Ink was quite prevlent in post-qualifying interview

Of ten closest friends that come to mind, over half have tats. Ex GF too. Far out, i'm starting to feel like i'm the only one without? Only one of them rides a bike however..
..Certainly the biker image is complimented with a tatted rider, from what i've seen.
Old 07-21-2008, 02:40 AM   #6
styla21
Regular User

Originally Posted by 5vz-fe View Post
The exhaust looks abit out of place in that bike, what's the model of that bike? Is it always the stock exhaust position?

She really should wear proper bike outfit to better protect herself.
Yeah I didn't see that at first, but you are right! Exhaust definitely looks like it's at an angle.
F250 / 5ve-fe you guys are right about leathers too... So naive to not be wearing them.

I must live in idiot central.. Cos i see more people than not, that have tattoos these days. Especially guys with bikes.. Chicks I can't comment on so much.

I watched the UFC fight over the w/e.. They all had them. Ok so thats a stereotype / image that must have them? Well I also saw some rugby.. Again, all tatted up. What about the clean sport of F1?
Kimi's Ink was quite prevlent in post-qualifying interview

Of ten closest friends that come to mind, over half have tats. Ex GF too. Far out, i'm starting to feel like i'm the only one without? Only one of them rides a bike however..
..Certainly the biker image is complimented with a tatted rider, from what i've seen.
Old 07-21-2008, 03:02 AM   #7
xbeakerx
Regular User

Originally Posted by F250 View Post

The mark of an stupid rider is the lack of leathers and particularly gloves. When she falls off her bike (and she will), she will extend her arms out to break the fall. When her naked palms touch the asphalt, the paint of her skin being scraped off to the bone at 43 MPH will cause her to pull back her hands and ride out the rest of her accident on her unprtected elbows, shoulders, etc.

At some point, a body part with drag on the asphalt hard enough to cause her to tumble. Then her entire body (jeans and running shoes are no protection) will become a bloody meat and bone bag.

P.S.: In another 30 years, that tattoo will be on her right butt cheek.

thats pretty shitty to say people that have tattoos are stupid. i certainly dont consider myself a stupid person and i have tattoos all over. as i say to everyone i know that ask why i did it. i tell them that as this is my temple i am only adding my own stained glass to it. i do also own a bike but only recently joined that club.

i definitely beleive that you should think about what you want for a while before you venture in getting just any tattoo. i also beleive that tattoos have come a long way from getting them back in the navy and 30 years later being a big blob on your shoulder. those tattoos were done very primitively. i had my first tattoo done when i first turned 18 and that was 12 years ago. it looks as good as it did the weeks after it healed. so i would like you to get your story straight before you go saying people with tattoos are stupid.

now i do agree about the protecting yourself while on a bike. i wear a motorcycle jacket, proper gloves, pants and helmet. i have been in a motorcycle accident several years back with my dad and all i got was some bruises and scrapes. i wasnt wearing any leather pants at the time but i was wear proper pants and a leather jacket that i had borrowed.
xbeakerx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 08:23 PM   #8
dutchmasterflex
Regular User

yes.
Old 07-23-2008, 12:06 AM   #9
Erez
Regular User

Location: not where i want to be.. but life's a bitch i guess..

i see nothing wrong with tattoos.. i think i know more people with then people without..
as for the girl, riding with just a helmet, she most be pretty dumb..
as for tats and bikes, yeah.. i think they kinda go together.. the whole freedom\dont give a shit what people think thing..

Things worth having don't come easy..
Erez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 12:12 AM   #10
nthfinity
Regular User

http://news.bmezine.com/2007/09/21/s...tattoo-update/ <-- that is a dumb bit of ink...

As to Tat's and bikes... I don't think its a pre requisite, unless you are in a specific biking club/ culture deal.
Old 07-24-2008, 03:18 PM   #11
kach22i
Regular User

If she is not careful, she will give a new meaning to splat-tat.

Biker with a tattoo, she is not what I would first imagine - not that I'm complaining.
Architect and Business Owner
kach22i is offline   Reply With Quote