Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > General Discussion > General Chat

General Chat General chat about anything that doesn't fit in another section here

Old 12-17-2006, 01:46 PM   #31
Erez
Regular User

Location: not where i want to be.. but life's a bitch i guess..

:shock: holy shit... I'm so sorry TT
I was thinking the same as stradale, i'm really sorry man

Things worth having don't come easy..
Erez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006, 02:15 PM   #32
PaulGT2164
Regular User

sorry to hear TT.
Dont beat yourself up over it, I am sure you did everything possible.
sometimes accidents happen, its a shame they happen to great people.
my thoughts/prayers will be with you and your friend.
Old 12-17-2006, 02:47 PM   #33
666fast
Regular User

Terribly sorry TT! Such an unfortunate accident.

My condolences to your friends family.
Old 12-17-2006, 03:16 PM   #34
ae86_16v
Regular User

Sorry about the news TT. Remember that we and your family are here to support you. Even though it is just over the internet, I hope we are able to do some good.

Best wishes from all of us. Take care.
ae86_16v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006, 03:24 PM   #35
harryo2b
Regular User

TT, sorry to hear this. Sadly this is the second such event that a life was lost while passing a car in the last 4 days. The first being a Lieutenant from my squadron, who I work with, who passed away while passing a car then losing control and rolling his car into the forest.

This has been a not so bright Christmas for both of us. Be strong, as you already display.

2006 Porsche Boxster S/Atlas Grey Metallic/Black/Black/6 spd
Canon 30D/17-85 IS/70-200 4L IS/580EXII/430EX/B+W Filters
harryo2b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006, 03:37 PM   #36
TT
Regular User

And let's not forget the great Clay Regazzoni who died in Italy couple of days ago.. we were talking about it with my friend this yesterday morning

Originally Posted by sameerrao
Very Sad.

I am trying to put myself in your shoes to understand the pain/guilt that you must be going through right now. You must be really feeling depressed.
Shouldn't be me maybe saying this, but I am luckily not prone to real depression.

From what I can read, there was nothing that you did that could be deemed negligent. It is an 'accident' in the truest sense of the word. Hopefully the police enquiry will come to the same conclusion. I assume you have a decent driving record for a couple years - that will help your case.
Well, yes and no... behind an accident there is often a man. I could have used too much power while exiting in the opposite lane, making the wheel spin and consequentely loosing control a bit later. I maybe tried to regain my lane too quickly. I am not pessimistic at all, but just trying to say the police could conlude it was partially or totally my fault. Worst case for negligence omicide would be 3 years in jail, but can't remember now how it works and if you can have, since it would be my first time, them suspended and still be free... just need to keep in sight the worst scenario.

Lean on your family and girlfriend - their support and ours will pull you back to normal. It is gonna take time though. Have you had a chance to talk to your friend's family?
Yup, of course they were the second number I called after the local "911". Sadly they were not home and I didn't have their mobile.
The police managed finally to have the mobile through neighbours and when I finally had it too they were on their road already. When the news arrived about his death, I had them on the phone right away and when later, around 11 pm or midnight I was finally visited in the ER, I catched up with them at the hospital. It was important for me to see them asap and tell them about how I felt. Something you would never want to do: to look straight in the eyes of two parents that just lost their unique son, to whom they were strongly bonded, and tell them you are sorry because it was you at the wheel. For sure another thing I wouldn't wish to my worst enemy. They were destroyed as you can imagine, but we shared the pain between eachother and there was no hard feeling toward me. Could come later, who knows, but for now we are supporting eachother.

Originally Posted by yg60m
Really sorry to hear that Matteo You're OK and it's a good thing but it's scary to think how life can change rapidly, in just a second. I was having this thought this morning when driving my car and I am sorry it happened to you

Keep on the positive note and all my condolence for your friend Matteo.
Et oui... we know it very well, but untill something strucks you like this, we tend to avoid thinking about it. And I am also sure in some months I'll find myself at the wheel of my car driving like I always did.. our brain is incredibly good at putting aside certain things.

On a side note, of course I keep seeing the accident, feeling the awfull sensation you have no control at all and you are sliding sideway (scary as hell, really), seeing my friend in the car calling my name and asking to be freed.. it's normal, and actually not SO disturbing after a while. It's a way to store this memory forever somewhere in here... but the worse moments are when you are there speaking to your girlfriend and all of a sudden you see the same scene, with her covered in blood and begging for help. And it happened with her, my mom, dad, other friends. Bizarre enough, but the thought it could happen to other ppl is as scary as the real memory.

Originally Posted by ARMAN
This may be the most inapropriet question rightnow but as it was your dream car - was all the insurance papers 944 done before the crash? i mean if all was payed and so?

Were you driving more than allowed on the road?
Yup, the car was insured and of course fully paid. As for the speed. I was asked about it obviously, and I estimated some 80-90 kmh. limit was 80 kmh there. But honestly, I don't look at the speedo when overtaking of course.
I hope the driver of the car I was passing didn't said in his interviews he was driving at 100 kmh... really no idea actually.
In the future probs list I of course have the "they'll take my license obviously, but for how long?". and "what car will I drive?". I am already taking steps in finding a home for the 964 not too far from me, so I could still see it daily and maybe drive it every now and then in closed areas.
I don't want it to wait for me many long months untill I'll be able to drive it again

Originally Posted by goodduck
Matteo, I cannot begin to imagine what you are going through right now and what a strange and painful time in your life this must be. I want to express my deepest sympathies for your situation. Life changes literally in an instant and we are forced to live with what has happened and deal with it in our own ways. If there is anything the community could do for you, do not hesitate to ask.

Even though it may seem incredibly insignificant and irrelevant in the face of your terrible loss, please make sure to tend to the legal aspect of this with your full attention. The last thing you want is for this terrible tragedy to affect any more lives.

As stated before, it must be extremely difficult to recount this story, and we admire your strength to share this though time with us.
Thanks. Actually the community is already doing a lot for me by replying to this topic and just entertaining me with the usual JW stuff.

Yes, legal aspects are ok. my uncle is a lawyer and has many connections. A lawayer in the area was already contacted and will fully represent me so I won't have to do a single thing. I'll have to see him one of these days, but with Xmas coming it is a bit complicated.

Anyway, to all of you guys, THANKS! It might seem silly, but what you are doing is really warming my heart. Since 2003 I found here a real alternative home and even if I have a big and great family, I really need this little isle of friendship I can always find when opening my browser.

I know you feel there is nothing you can do to help, and indeed most of it is up to you, but again, just reading your words is really a :good: for me.
Old 12-17-2006, 03:44 PM   #37
ViperASR
Regular User

Wow TT, incredably sorry to hear the news. My condolences go out to you and the family of your good friend. I know that words cannot describe how you feel right now, and that is completely understandable. Again, I am very sorry to hear the news and my condolences go out to you and the family.

Hearing something like this really does show you how even when you are doing everything right on a road that looks perfectly OK, anything can go wrong...

"plus being able call your penis master chief during sex has got to be comical at least once"-gis
ViperASR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006, 03:52 PM   #38
gis
Regular User

Matteo,i really dont know what to say,im shocked to hear this.im so sorry this has hapened to you and my thoughts go out to your friend and his family....and of course....you

http://img402.imageshack.us/img402/5803/dansigsp7.jpg
gis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006, 05:13 PM   #39
MIHALS
Regular User

just turned my laptop on, opened JW and first I saw was your topic...

I'm speechless, very sad this happened and feel bad

I know, reading about being sorry that you lost your best friend must keep bringing back those black memories... May Your Best Friend Rest In Peace between all the beautifull cars up there in the heaven!!!

be strong Matteo, don't forget you have your G/F, family and JW family aswell to support you any time!!!

my condolences to You and the parents...

hope the Christmas was a bit earlier this time...
:cry:
Old 12-17-2006, 05:20 PM   #40
Fleischmann
Regular User

Shocking news, after reading the topic title I imagined that by "friend" you meant the Porsche. My deepest condolence to you Matteo and the family of your friend, I can only imagine how difficult the past hours have been for you, but you must be strong.

RIP :cry:
Old 12-17-2006, 05:39 PM   #41
R8audi
Regular User

I'm not a long term member, but my thoughts are with you TT...
R8audi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006, 06:26 PM   #42
dingo
Regular User

OMG!

I really got shivers down my spine when I got to the point in your post about your friend passing away (thought you meant the Porsche in the title, like some others)....this is shocking.

THis is one of my biggest fears when out on the road, not sure how well I would handle a situation like this. Definately going to give me something to think about next time I head out for a spirited drive with a mate.

Take it easy and stay strong TT, good luck.

RIP to your friend.
Old 12-17-2006, 07:30 PM   #43
jakaracman
Regular User

Uffff, just found this.
I'm lost for words.

I can just hope that you get through this OK, Matteo ... Accident do happen and you just need to live on ... I'm sure your friend would want you to keep on going.

My deepest condolences to you, your friends familiy ...
Old 12-17-2006, 07:46 PM   #44
spanky
Regular User

Like Dani and RC have said, I dont know what to say in these situations. I know you had said you were looking forward to going to the ferrari sale. As soon as i started reading your post I knew it was going to be really bad.

I hope your family and your friends family are there to support each other through this time of sadness and loss. Im sure you will get through it Matteo. Condolences to you and his family also.
spanky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006, 07:59 PM   #45
T-Bird
Regular User

OHman that's horrible news. I came VERY close to losing a friend to a car accident in HighSchool it must feel horrible for it to actually happen.

My condolences go out to you and his family
T-Bird is offline   Reply With Quote