Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Automotive Brands Forum > What Do You Drive Or Ride ?

What Do You Drive Or Ride ? No bullshit inside here please

Old 07-09-2005, 09:48 PM   #31
graywolf624
Regular User

then you should at least do it in a non degrading, none hateful and assuming nature like most of us, and maybe think about making your comments a little less confrontational and a little more sympathetic towards the fact the kid was in a pretty bad accident and walked away unscathed.
Sorry if any one took it that way, but remember the Internet doesnt convey statements that well.. In fact my second comment, the one you hinged on about accidents was me trying to kid a bit in response to his envious comment. I feel sorry for the youngin, but I also have my opinions.

so your saying if when you kid was old enough to drive, and had the maturity and the respect, and ability to handle a car like a porsche (and you had the financial means) you would not give your child what you thought was best or what he/she deserved? i know a ton of kids who got pretty high end cars from their parents for first cars (audi S4, VR4 3000gt, porsche boxsters, s2000, etc etc) and they did just fine with them. you cannot condem someone based on a "statistic"
Nope, my daughter/son will get the same thing I got.. I will be a millionare and he/she will drive some sort of old 4 door sedan.. Maybe a volvo for extra safety. Ill be sure to help them financially in other ways, but to me the car is the one area where the limits are the limits regardless of what I can provide. That being said my child will be through a course on a track around the time of license obtain too so they know car control. I kind of feel this level of training should be mandatory. So in respect to your story, I consider that level the baseline and the ones with less should probably drive a carolla for a lot longer.

Its not just based on statistics. I remember even as someone who was on the race track before he had his license, I made some stupid mistakes when I first got on the road based on over estimation of the other idiots on the road.

Back on topic.
graywolf624 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2005, 11:14 PM   #32
ZfrkS62
Regular User

Originally Posted by graywolf624
I am a parent first off..
Originally Posted by graywolf624
Nope, my daughter/son will get the same thing I got..
Mind explaining how you're a parent when you don't have a kid?

my carbon footprint is bigger than yours
ZfrkS62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2005, 01:25 AM   #33
graywolf624
Regular User

Mind explaining how you're a parent when you don't have a kid?
When did I say I didn't have a child?

but yes that first comment from gray wasnt needed.
My appologies to all for how it was interpreted, now can we go back to topic?
Old 07-10-2005, 01:36 AM   #34
SilviaEvo
Regular User

na2o three words for you my friend. Buy A Ferrari.
nah just kidding but that sucks what happened to your Porsche. and about the side airbags dont worry about it. some dont open. like my uncle got hit by a car at like 40 mph it didnt go off. sorry about the porsche man
Old 07-10-2005, 03:32 AM   #35
RC45
Regular User

Sucks - but a quite avoidable accident - hopefully you learn from this

Passing a car pointing into your road at 60mph is the first mistake. One you only make once -- you always assume any car that may dash in front of you will, and thus cover the brake and slow when approaching any such vehicle - and you should already have your escape route planned and be ready for the car to pull out in front of you.

A lesson I have carried with me from my first such accident on an Yamaha RZ350YPVS when I was just a wee 18 year old lad.

And how could gray be anything but #1 debater. I am #1 potty mouth and verbal diarrhetic..

And everyone jumping on gray for his comment - if he was ealous, what was every one elses motivaiton? Bortherly love or sucking up or mob mentality?

One "hey gray you sounded xxx" comment would have been enough - but then everyone has to pile on? *shrug*
RC45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2005, 03:55 AM   #36
ARMAN
Regular User

He lives in Saud Arabia, people there are a bit richer than everywereelse so as a car they can have a bit different than on other countries, and what makes you think that this is his first car?

As an example - I had a crash myself(as I beleave many of us) looked not that bad but close, I had tram waked in my doors too, and I wasnt driving my car, it was family car, like it could be his family car cause they probably can afford more "family cars" I was young and dumb at that time(about 19) and learned a big lesson, it was my fault 100%, and thanx god nothing happend to me, from that moment I drive WAY more safe not like before racing on the normal streets :roll: ops:

.................................................. .............................
"...free your mind and the body will follow..." - THE MATRIX
ARMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2005, 05:17 AM   #37
MIHALS
Regular User

sorry to hear that na2o....

hope you'll get some great car soon and take a lot of pics
Old 07-10-2005, 08:59 AM   #38
na2o
Regular User

Originally Posted by RC45

Passing a car pointing into your road at 60mph is the first mistake. One you only make once -- you always assume any car that may dash in front of you will, and thus cover the brake and slow when approaching any such vehicle - and you should already have your escape route planned and be ready for the car to pull out in front of you.

A lesson I have carried with me from my first such accident on an Yamaha RZ350YPVS when I was just a wee 18 year old lad.
Actually it wasn't avoidable at all, and i did slow down when i the car trying to make a u-turn but he stopped so i continued on my way then he accelarated when i was SO close to him and stopped right infront of me, so i did what i can to avoid him, i hit the brakes and turned right but i had to hit him because he didn't leave me any space in the road and no i didn't learn a lesson because i didn't do anything wrong, even the guy confessed that he was wrong and he thanked me for avoiding him and not caring about my car, because i could've had much less damage on my car but injuries to the guy but i didn't want that at all. And for the ppl asking me to "kill him" lol, i did thought about that the minute i got out of the car but i came to my senses and i just went straight to him and made sure he wasn't hurt.
na2o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2005, 10:04 AM   #39
suqish76
Regular User

sorry to hear about the accident.
did you beat the shit outta the other driver when you got out of your car :x
i would
suqish76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2005, 10:06 AM   #40
TT
Regular User

You lazy Read the post above yours
Old 07-10-2005, 10:10 AM   #41
suqish76
Regular User

ops:
kinda skipped a few cause of all the comments directed at gray
still woulda beat the shit outta him though
suqish76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2005, 10:45 AM   #42
dingo
Regular User

Originally Posted by TT
You lazy ....
he's Australian.
Old 07-10-2005, 11:06 AM   #43
graywolf624
Regular User

Let me turn it around a little bit, say you're a succesfull manager of some mayor ass company and make a couple of millions a year. Your kid gets it's license, you drive a nice car or 5, you wife does and would you then let your kid drive some beaten wreck? Or some cheap ass thing?
Nah, you couldn't, people would talk bad about you. That you and your wife get all the nice things and that your children don't even get a decent car...
Only a posuer cares about what people think.. Screw that.. I care about my kids far more and I hate that shit. After living with my former fiances parents who believe what people thought was more important then safety, theres no chance in hell that would ever weigh on my decision in anything. You should live your own life, not the one someone else wants you to live.

edit- Your pulling at an old wound, bad topic, so just take what I told you at face value and move on.

It's only a small percentage that doens't have the brains to drive a car like that, and they make the news. Those that drive carefully don't make the news...
Speed and brains have nothing to do with ability in driving. Experience with accident avoidance, defensive driving, ect are what effect it.
Speed doesnt kill... While Im the first to yell about racing on public roads being stupid, its not the only thing you need to learn to be a good driver. Acceleration and rapid response to inputs are not good things in the hands of an inexperienced driver.
Old 07-10-2005, 12:04 PM   #44
SFDMALEX
Regular User

Sad to hear about your loss, glad you and your friends are safe.

Gray- there are always people who will drive better then you or me and they can be 16. You avoid accidents buy using common sense, by not panacking and knowing the limits of your cars turning ability, brakes etc. You can never ever know what kind of accident you will get into. So you cant practice it. You just have to think, and think fast. If you need to go to some driving school to learn how to avoid basic accidents then you a really dumb sorry. These things should come naturaly.

Most of driving education should be done before you even sit in a car.
SFDMALEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2005, 04:01 PM   #45
RC45
Regular User

Originally Posted by na2o
Originally Posted by RC45

Actually it wasn't avoidable at all, and i did slow down when i the car trying to make a u-turn but he stopped so i continued on my way then he accelarated when i was SO close to him and stopped right infront of me, so i did what i can to avoid him, i hit the brakes and turned right but i had to hit him because he didn't leave me any space in the road and no i didn't learn a lesson because i didn't do anything wrong, even the guy confessed that he was wrong and he thanked me for avoiding him and not caring about my car, because i could've had much less damage on my car but injuries to the guy but i didn't want that at all. And for the ppl asking me to "kill him" lol, i did thought about that the minute i got out of the car but i came to my senses and i just went straight to him and made sure he wasn't hurt.
OK. Forget wealth, age, attitude, station in life, gray, brembo or your current country of residence.

It's just you, me and your totally fucked up Porsche.

This type of accident - is the most avoidable type of crossing accident.
You just won't admit it

If you didn't learn a lesson then shame on you. Every incident is worth learning from. You say you "slowed down" yet you hit him at 60mph. If you saw the car on the side, and had anticipated that he probably would shoot infront of you and then stop or do something else just as stupid you would have already had the brake covered and slowed a little more and been ready to amnouvre right. Plan an escape route for every situation as it unfolds - a lesson taught to me so long ago I can't even remember by whom..

But what we have here is a perfect example of the "I don't need to learn anything more because I know it all and you can tell me nothing" 20 year old syndrome..

No worries - we all go though it - fuck up a bunch of cars, bikes etc - and then eventually one day "we get it"... that criticisms/advice/observations from those who have "been there done that" is just that.

How can you be sure T-Boning him at 60mph would not have flipped your car anyway

Hopefully next time you can avoid the entire incident and just be "more" aware of the surrondings. Cover the brakes, slow down a little, select a lower gear or 2 - be ready to either accelerate away or brake and swerve and then accelerate again.

When driving with others they always ask why are you so cautious, you always slow a little, select geras lower - your head is always darting around - I just remond them I spent so many years sport bike riding in traffic that you learn to become paranoid or you die.

Anyhow, I think most of us just care that you as a JW memebr and sports car driver don't hurt yourslef or your ride to much

We love you man...

Enjoy what ever your next car is.

p.s. brembo - I wasn't singling you out with the mob-mentality comment..
RC45 is offline   Reply With Quote