Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Automotive Brands Forum > Car Chat

Old 10-09-2005, 01:11 PM   #46
nthfinity
Regular User

im not the biggest Z guy, but i definately like the car, and think it has the best side profile for its price zone.

every fall, Z's loose resale around here, and dealers/private sellers/ used lots always drop thier price several thousand just to get it off the lot, or get rid of it quicker etc.

i can keep my eyes open in this neck of the woods depending on how serious you are.... or when you get serious.
Old 10-09-2005, 01:25 PM   #47
TransAm
Regular User

Originally Posted by ZfrkS62
TransAm- Thanks for the offer and advice. Do you think that because i've never bought a new car i could get a better rate? or is that going to screw me?
Not sure on this one, it is all down to your credit history I guess, if you've never missed a c/card payment or never defaulted on a loan you should have a reasonable history by now?

When I say interest rate deal of the century I mean finding a manufacturer-backed promotion where Nissan (or whoever) Finance are offering a very low interest rate - usually this is only the case on brand new cars. We often get 0% deals in the UK, but our cars are more expensive to buy, so the manufacturers have more margin to work with.

the Z's around here seem to have a great resale value, and it's not like i'm only gong to have the car for a few months. I'm not the kind of person who buys a car like that for a toy and then get bored with it after a few months
What? Like me you mean? :shock:

:bah:you would know that i'm serious if you could see what i've been driving for the last year :roll: When i get rid of it and get something else, i'll finally put up the pics
I have my suspicions what you are currently driving and I think this might warrant its own thread

i would definetly get the extended warranty on it as well though.

My roomate doesn't like Nissan so it's kind of pointless to take him along for his opinion :bah:
Warranty is good, but bear in mind dealerships will see a young man in a sports car and try and weasel out of anything, blaming it on driver error or redlining etc. This happens within the S2000 community a lot, although Nissan may be less prejudiced than Honda.

Take your roomie, even better if he hates Nissans as he won't be swayed by emotions!

Previous: 2003 Z4 3.0i SMG, 1995 Aprilia RS250
TransAm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2005, 02:05 PM   #48
ZfrkS62
Regular User

i've been late occasionaly on my c/c, but it's over 50% on it's limit. Fortunately i just got another one from target so i might transfer some of the balance. The only loan i have is my school loan and i haven't missed a payment there either. Last time i tried applying for a small personal loan to pay off my parents and c/c the only thing that kept me from getting it was the fact that my monthly expenses were too high, but that was when i was paying 740/mo for rent. now that i'm down to 290/mo, it should be easier for me to get a decent loamn..i hope.

my carbon footprint is bigger than yours
ZfrkS62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2005, 10:44 PM   #49
ae86_16v
Regular User

I drive a 3 Series .
ae86_16v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2005, 11:19 PM   #50
RC45
Regular User

I checked out some new 350Z's this weekend.

Since when did the Nissan 350Z become a $40,000 car? ($37,000 + + + + packages, wheels, etc etc)

Talk about over priced.... No wonder there are so many on the dealers lots.

For $40,000 I can think of a number of better performance deals.
RC45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2005, 11:29 PM   #51
ZfrkS62
Regular User

Originally Posted by RC45
I checked out some new 350Z's this weekend.

Since when did the Nissan 350Z become a $40,000 car? ($37,000 + + + + packages, wheels, etc etc)

Talk about over priced.... No wonder there are so many on the dealers lots.

For $40,000 I can think of a number of better performance deals.
Since they introduced the Anniversary and GT4 editions, plus the Roadster last year. Given the rising cost of everything, i'm not surprised. Base model in 03 was about 27-28. Loaded was about 32.

You see now my conflict between Nissan and BMW. I'm thinking i could wait awhile longer for the E46 M3 to drop a teency bit in price, but i still don't know if i can find one within warranty for low 30's.

The oil changes are killer on those things too. 6qts Castrol TWS 10w-60= near 66 bucks.

Old 10-10-2005, 11:34 PM   #52
ae86_16v
Regular User

^ Yeah, early 2001s E46s are around the mid - high 30s now. Not too bad, it'll continue to drop it bit.

I gotta agree w/ RC on this one, I don't think I would pay $40k for a 350Z. I always thought it was high 20s and low 30s depending on the packages.
Old 10-10-2005, 11:40 PM   #53
ZfrkS62
Regular User

it was at first. Which is why i figured i would have one by now. I really didn't see this happening But i guess thier popularity has skyrocketed causing their price to do the same.

Old 10-11-2005, 12:25 AM   #54
RC45
Regular User

The choice between and M3 for low $30s and 350Z is no brainer... M3.
Old 10-11-2005, 12:30 AM   #55
ZfrkS62
Regular User

Originally Posted by RC45
The choice between and M3 for low $30s and 350Z is no brainer... M3.
Yeah, but i'm sure the brake job on the Z isn't going to cost me as much as the M3's rotors....after my discount

Old 10-11-2005, 12:32 AM   #56
ae86_16v
Regular User

^ Agreed. . . yeah, but some people like the experience of buying a new car.
Old 10-11-2005, 12:37 AM   #57
SilviaEvo
Regular User

Z i dont think you should go for the 350Z i mean 40k is just too expensive for that type of car. it is definatly not worth it compared to an M3. you could probably find one within warranty. i looked on www.autotrader.com and the M3's in RC's neck of the woods are a lot cheaper than what you have in Louisiana. so maybe you would go over there and spend the whole day checking out M3's i know it could be boring but me and my friend went to Oregon to get a 325i and coming back with it at around 1 am was really fun. but i have a lot of tolerance for these long distance trips. but you might want to wait a little longer.
Old 10-11-2005, 12:41 AM   #58
ZfrkS62
Regular User

goodduck- the other half of my name is ///M related though

Silvia- i really don't have anyother choice but to wait. I REALLY REALLY wanted to buy my Z brand new, but at the rate they are going up, i'm probably going to have to find one used :cry: I can search around or i can ask our used car manager to find one through his wholesaler. I'm not going to leave any stone unturned in my quest for a fitting sports car

I just don't know what color i want my M3 to be if that's what i end up with

Old 10-11-2005, 12:59 AM   #59
SilviaEvo
Regular User

id say either Laguna Seca Blue or Silver gray metallic maybe even titanium silver metallic
Old 10-11-2005, 01:00 AM   #60
RC45
Regular User

Originally Posted by ae86_16v
^ Agreed. . . yeah, but some people like the experience of buying a new car.
Sure - if by "new car experience" you mean being shafted by 30 to 40% depreciation in the first year and nothing else to how for it other than "new car smell" which is now available in an aerosol can...