Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Automotive Brands Forum > Car Chat

Old 01-22-2007, 11:21 PM   #181
RC45
Regular User

Originally Posted by brembo
but when he try and make it out to something its not I will get in his face, and when someone always try and put in a comment about how great something are, myself and alot of people get feed up with it...
Where have I tried to make it out to be what it's not? I have gone to great lennths to say it is not the perfect car

Why would I say it is something it is not? YOU have got it in your mind I have said that - so when ever I do say something you make outlike it is a pack of lies - instead of actually reading the text typed.

I dont feel the need to scream look at me and my car.....like it seem RC need to do...
See - right there is the utter fucking bullshit you are typing - RIGHT there.

Christ - Iam NOT saying "look at me and my car" - On the contrary - I am saying "When you say it cant handle you are worng - when you say it is utter shit interior you are wrong - when you say it is bad gas mileage you are wrong"

That is what I am saying - I am correcting the utter fucking bullshit lies you are spewing about it.

Taht's a big difference - but you continue to try make it soun dlike I am saying "LOOK AT ME AN DMY PERFECT CAR" - Which is NOT what I am saying - and you know it - you are just being a prick- plain and simple.

As I said eralier in this thread the Z06`s worst enemy are not us who like Euro cars, its RC.....
Why? Because I call you out on the subject lies and crap you spread? No - thats just YOu not liking someone taking you to task for spreading subjective false hoods.

If you made a measured and tempered statement like "Many American cars do not have ultra expensive and unneeded oppulant fancy interiors" this would be a more reasonable and honest statement -- Not "Hey all American cars suck because they are shit and poor plastic blah blah blah"

I don't even drive a Cadillac but if you came around telling bullshit about them I would be just as vocal in calling out the false statements - same for Porsche - but then again noone ever utters a bad world about them even though they are far from perfect as well :roll:

If you can't see the difference and honestly look at what you are saying then yo uare simply choosing to look past reality.

RC45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 12:54 AM   #182
tforth
Regular User

From page 1 of this thread:

RC45 wrote:
It is a superbly comfortable spacious daily driver when compared to the competition - You can get 2 full size golf bags and a couple of piese of luggage int eh Vette - so youcan use the car on Sunday at the race track, Monday and Tuesday for client meetings - then take that senator you are trying to bribe out to golf on Wednrsday - take the day off Thursday for a country drive - Friday take the mistress to the moveis, and Saturday take the wife to the opera...

All in the same car...
It is a superbly comfortable spacious daily driver..? You are the only person I have heard make this claim, and this where I believe people have gotten the impression that you are trying to make the C6 Z06 the best car outright (and of course your C5 Z06 by association).

"...take the wife to the opera..." Come on, maybe your trailer park queen. In general, women who frequent operas, are not into corvettes. From the language you seem to prefer, I doubt that they would be interested in its owner either.
tforth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 01:31 AM   #183
RC45
Regular User

Originally Posted by tforth
From page 1 of this thread:

RC45 wrote:
It is a superbly comfortable spacious daily driver when compared to the competition - You can get 2 full size golf bags and a couple of piese of luggage int eh Vette - so youcan use the car on Sunday at the race track, Monday and Tuesday for client meetings - then take that senator you are trying to bribe out to golf on Wednrsday - take the day off Thursday for a country drive - Friday take the mistress to the moveis, and Saturday take the wife to the opera...

All in the same car...
It is a superbly comfortable spacious daily driver..?
Nice taking the comment our of context.

The full quote would read:

"It is a superbly comfortable spacious daily driver when compared to the competition "

When compared to the competion... the competion being Viper, GT3, 911Turbo, F430 etc etc.

Please stop being a prick and selectively quoting outof context.

Ok?

You are the only person I have heard make this claim, and this where I believe people have gotten the impression that you are trying to make the C6 Z06 the best car outright (and of course your C5 Z06 by association).
Again - stop being a total nob - If you are not comparing the car to its competition then you are being a complete idiot.

"...take the wife to the opera..." Come on, maybe your trailer park queen.
Right there you stepped over the line - Screw you.

Stick to the topic and don't drag family into this - I mean the appropriate respones to this is your hooker mother and crack whore wife seem to have no trouble in the front seat of the RS4. But I have yet to see them come up for air since they started working the corner of 11th and Main. :roll: but I will restrain myself.

You really are a loser if you have to restort to this type of crap to try "debate" a subject you are obviously being a prick about.

In general, women who frequent operas, are not into corvettes.
Really? Thats another pretty stupid generalisation.

From the language you seem to prefer, I doubt that they would be interested in its owner either.
See above.

You have not made a single valid point since you arrived on these forums - everything you have posted has been a subjective piece of nonsense. Thats right - you have not posted a single accurate fact
Old 01-23-2007, 01:38 AM   #184
nthfinity
Regular User

actually, besides talking about working for the auto industry, i've seen no evidence that he's been anything but a lacky based on his exquisite knowledge from 38 years of existance?

tforth, perhaps the wind has changed 180 degrees where you are trying to come off as the proverbial expert, but nearly everything you've posted (or everything) has been utter BS lacking substance to support your claims.

questions on interior... sure I'm a much better expert then you are, questions on valve duration, I'll give that to you.... maybe... again, you may just be a lacky.
Old 01-23-2007, 01:57 AM   #185
philip
Regular User

I thought I would post my first picture of Barrett-Jackson here as this is becomming my favorite thread.

If you look carefully you can see what you have to pay for a ZO6, its interior, and the exterior.

This is from the commercial exhibits at the entrance of Barrett-Jackson

For the money this seems one hell of a buy.
Old 01-23-2007, 05:47 PM   #186
philip
Regular User

Since someone has mentioned Audi in this tread, I realize they are better than they once were, but I owned a 924 once and two of my friends owned luxury Audi sedans back in the 80's and they were all crap. It will be along time and a lot more LeMans victorys before I would get another Audi. They have always been pretty, but so is the worm on the end of the hook to a fish.

The interiors on C1 and early C2 Corvettes are awsome, then they went down hill. The new ZO6 looked fine to me inside , it probably looks really good after stomping some Eurocar at a light.
Old 01-23-2007, 07:16 PM   #187
philip
Regular User

I'll sit in an F40, or that 5 million dollar Cobra at Barrett-Jackson any day of the week and never complain.

I actually have an old friend who drove a real 289 Cobra to college every day and bitched about how bad it was in the winter. (he lived in Michigan, sold the car after college for $5000 and got something more practical)
Old 01-23-2007, 09:03 PM   #188
RC45
Regular User

You always spew how great the car are in every sapect when it comes to track times for instance I dont think its possible to count how many times you have mentioned the Z06 does the NS in 7.42..we heard you the first million times.....
yet still people state bogus things like "can't handle - is crap in the turns" etc etc

I never said it had poor gas milage I said it have poor gas milage compared to car who actually got great gas milage the vette get decent gas milage for what it is.
Again - why are you comparing to Honda Civic Hybrids? I don't see yo uocmparing the F430 to a Honda Civic Hybrid?

At least try stay on topic and keep things in context.. but be that as it may - it is still better gas mileage than its performance peers, and even some non-performance peers.

I stand by the interior are poor as I actually live with American cars in my daily life, hell even you have said its bad, you have also said the vette have poor quallity.....all this are not twisting the facts....
Its all relative though - and in context... anyone who thinks the F360 interior, as an example, is "teh best in the world" is kidding themselve.. and even a BMW330i has a better interior than an F360 - but thats not the point is it?

Dont generalize me, I do not say american cars are crap cuz they are american, I back my statments up on why I think its crap and have done so in the past...
But just because you think so - doesn't make it so - thanks in your opinion

if you have another opinion on whats good quallity than me its just a matter of opinion..
Again - have youactually looked closely at the 2001 Lamborghini and ferrari interiors? Keep things in context.

If you are happy with what I would call a shitty interior its fine by me I dont care...I dont care that you think my Audi are crap its a matter of opinion thats all....
But again - keep it in context - sports cars are sports cars.. not limousines.

You say that European cars have unneeded oppulant fancy interiors, thats your opinion, when we pay...lets say $70k we expect to get a great car thruout and not spend 70k and be stuck in something that look and feels like it came from tupperware
In your opinion - not fact - in your opinion and out of context - Have you taken a close look at some sports cars lately?

I see the difference and know what I am saying, its you who are incapable of thinking outside what your needs and that your standards are not the same as the rest of the world...
On the contrary - I am not even quoting needs - I am quoting facts more thna half the time - facts youthen dispute with opinion.

You are happy with the Z06`s interior, but wouldnt have a 28" tv in your living room while someone from Norway might be happy with that....
Again - you are out of context and not using common sense - you atre the one judging luxury sedan vs sports car - not I.

Just take it easy RC and dont try and put in something about the vette in every thread you have a chance....people are getting tired of it and picks on it because of that...
Actually - again, I only respond to trash posts of opinion made as if they are fact.
Old 01-23-2007, 11:42 PM   #189
nthfinity
Regular User

brembo...
part of owning a car, IMO, is when you are on the street you make the other guy feel like he has the wrong car... ego boost in a Z06 isn't so bad you have to admit

Originally Posted by philip
I'll sit in an F40, or that 5 million dollar Cobra at Barrett-Jackson any day of the week and never complain.

I actually have an old friend who drove a real 289 Cobra to college every day and bitched about how bad it was in the winter. (he lived in Michigan, sold the car after college for $5000 and got something more practical)
unless it was in nearly irreparable damage, it wasn't a real cobra @ 5,000. I know more then a few real 289's, FIA 289's, and a few 427's around... but 5,000 no way it was real, just rela fun
Old 01-24-2007, 12:15 AM   #190
tforth
Regular User

nthfinity wrote:
tforth, perhaps the wind has changed 180 degrees where you are trying to come off as the proverbial expert, but nearly everything you've posted (or everything) has been utter BS lacking substance to support your claims.
Wow! Take a look at what I have posted, why don't you. Unlike yourself, I don't hide behind "if you only knew what I knew, but I'm held to mission impossible secrecy, so I can't tell you" crap. I have provided specific hard data either directly in the thread, or provided the specific details of where the info. came from.

One of the things I find interesting about all this, is that prior to reading RC go on and on about how the Z06 can take your wife to opera, etc., I thought the car was an amazing achievement for GM. Now, I find it much harder to see through all that purple haze that has been thrown up.

And regarding your (nthfinity) other comment about a Z06 boosting your ego; this is a very bad sign of low self esteem. I guess this something you have in common with your buddy. For me, the only thing I didn't like about that yellow GTS coupe that I drove for a couple of weekends, was all of the attention it attracted. I guess, I am quite a bit different than you in that I like to drive fast, where ever possible. Attracting attention (especially from the police) is NOT what any rational person would want.
Old 01-24-2007, 12:21 AM   #191
philip
Regular User

I think he sold it in '69. I just read a story about a guy who owns the last made C1 Corvette. He bought it for $1000. Back then they were just old cars. A Ferrari GTO was probably only a little more than $5000 back then.

The story in the papers today was about a 77 sf 1 room apartment in Knightsbridge in London that is for sale for $330,000 and its a fixerupper.

Makes cars seem cheap by comparison.
Old 01-24-2007, 12:22 AM   #192
nthfinity
Regular User

nthfinity wrote:
Wow! Take a look at what I have posted, why don't you. Unlike yourself, I don't hide behind "if you only knew what I knew, but I'm held to mission impossible secrecy, so I can't tell you" crap. I have provided specific hard data either directly in the thread, or provided the specific details of where the info. came from.

One of the things I find interesting about all this, is that prior to reading RC go on and on about how the Z06 can take your wife to opera, etc., I thought the car was an amazing achievement for GM. Now, I find it much harder to see through all that purple haze that has been thrown up.

And regarding your (nthfinity) other comment about a Z06 boosting your ego; this is a very bad sign of low self esteem. I guess this something you have in common with your buddy. For me, the only thing I didn't like about that yellow GTS coupe that I drove for a couple of weekends, was all of the attention it attracted. I guess, I am quite a bit different than you in that I like to drive fast, where ever possible. Attracting attention (especially from the police) is NOT what any rational person would want.
OMG

your still an idiot, taking any and everything out of context. Anybody who knows me,let alone many other Z, F, P, and many many other car owners I know... self esteem is far from an issue. Do you now have a degree in psychology LMAO

congratulations on not liking being seen in a Viper GTS (or was that Ferrari?) I don't care if you don't like being seen, perhaps you have a similar social disorder of the mind where you don't want to come out, as the world is a scary place! :roll: sheesh, wherever you people come from, it is obviously not a place full of enthusiasts, logic oriented analysts, nor a debate club

sorry I can't tell you about my job, but unlike you? I actually feel obliged not to tell secrets which I have contractually agreed not to release. Go figure, but I'm an honest guy.
Old 01-24-2007, 12:43 AM   #193
tforth
Regular User

congratulations on not liking being seen in a Viper GTS (or was that Ferrari?) I don't care if you don't like being seen, perhaps you have a similar social disorder of the mind where you don't want to come out, as the world is a scary place! sheesh, wherever you people come from, it is obviously not a place full of enthusiasts, logic oriented analysts, nor a debate club
Tell me, do you buy a car for you, or for everybody else to lust after? Why don't you just save your money and not buy an expensive/flashy car, and just pay everybody you're trying to impress directly. They'll probably appreciate the change in your approach.

I live in area where there are a lot of 'high end cars', and I think that it's a huge missed opportunity that most of them will never realize even a fraction of the design/development costs that go into them. Why, because somewhat like you, they are more concerned about what other people think of their ride, than how much enjoyment they could get out of it by simply flooring the throttle, or driving through an on ramp. The only upside as I see it? These people all subsidize the true enthusiasts by bringing lots more volume to the class, which, in a way makes it much cheaper for everybody.
Old 01-24-2007, 04:56 AM   #194
RC45
Regular User

tforth - all this bragging and nothing to show for it.

The Jabbasworld community is built on a reputation of "Pictures - or shut the fuck up".

So - its about time you put some substance to all this bullshit bragging you arte doing.

Seriously - Pictures or STFU - according to the rules of JW until you start showing some validaiton to you rclaims you are being labelled a BULLSHITTER.

1st Class Bullshitter until you offer some proof of you r"credentials and bragging claims".

No more fictitious kids stories.

Period.
Old 01-24-2007, 04:57 PM   #195
nthfinity
Regular User

congratulations on not liking being seen in a Viper GTS (or was that Ferrari?) I don't care if you don't like being seen, perhaps you have a similar social disorder of the mind where you don't want to come out, as the world is a scary place! sheesh, wherever you people come from, it is obviously not a place full of enthusiasts, logic oriented analysts, nor a debate club
Tell me, do you buy a car for you, or for everybody else to lust after? Why don't you just save your money and not buy an expensive/flashy car, and just pay everybody you're trying to impress directly. They'll probably appreciate the change in your approach.

I live in area where there are a lot of 'high end cars', and I think that it's a huge missed opportunity that most of them will never realize even a fraction of the design/development costs that go into them. Why, because somewhat like you, they are more concerned about what other people think of their ride, than how much enjoyment they could get out of it by simply flooring the throttle, or driving through an on ramp. The only upside as I see it? These people all subsidize the true enthusiasts by bringing lots more volume to the class, which, in a way makes it much cheaper for everybody.
wow, again you have completely missunderstood me somehow? quote me where I said anything remotely like that. I live work, and breathe the automotive industry; to say that I don't know what goes into the car is simply ignorant. Congratulations on living around high end cars, welcome to the club :roll:

and since when is a C6 Z06 "the car to be seen in" LOL laughable at best, I dont know how, but you keep digging yourself further and further in a hole. Your arguments are no longer valid, rather personal attacks based on nothing. go back to that tower you came down from.