Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Automotive Brands Forum > Ferrari

Ferrari Everything related to the Prancing Horse goes in here!

Old 12-02-2004, 10:45 PM   #16
findleybeast
Regular User

wow respect for the F430 just went wayyy up! the test times are nuts! ferrari really upped the bar with this one

Xbox Live Gamertag: TheSlusbe
findleybeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2004, 11:12 PM   #17
nthfinity
Regular User

well, concidering this is meant to compete against the gallardo, and Ford GT, im not really suprised ferrari put so much more 'oomph' into it. but as far as wasting a F40, or F50... cirtainly not remotely near those two around a track... those cars may hit 200, but they are ever so much more corner-carvers then the 430 would ever be even in CS form.
Old 12-02-2004, 11:57 PM   #18
styla21
Regular User

I'm not disagreeing with you, but why would they be so much better at 'carving corners' than a 10 year newer 430? I mean with technological advancement, the electronics and the rest, surely the difference could not be that great?
Old 12-03-2004, 02:39 AM   #19
ikon2003
Regular User

Great car, and awesome read. The flat crankshaft was a pretty cool fact...even more evidence that the ferrari V8 acts more like just two I4's bolted together. (Ferrari also uses two separate ECUs for their V8's, basically timing each bank on a different card.) The acceleration times seem a little spurious... fast definitely, but overrated (???)... a downhill straightaway, and maybe a tail-wind at fiorano exaggerated the results a bit i think. whatev... great car.
ikon2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2004, 03:19 AM   #20
HoboPie
Regular User

The downhill would be a factor, but R&T not exactly known for their stellar numbers were able to best pretty much all of the Fiorano results except for the 3.15 where as R&T ONLY got 3.28

I'm just saying that the F430 could be more than just close to these times. It may very well be able to do them.

Scary thing is that puts it back in contention with the final ultimo version of the Ford GT. I know different place, different day means a lot, but some of those early acceleration times are better than some Enzo tests. Even the 1/4 mile is only .3 seconds off the Enzo's worse test.

This car is seriously fast. It also makes me think the next hyper car is going to be ridiculous. The hp and weight wont be insane, but if it employs some of the new stuff of the F430 it will be scary as hell.
Old 12-03-2004, 06:07 AM   #21
Gilles27
Regular User

Crazy fast!!! And the 7,9 to the tone itsnĀ“t bad.
Anyone still calling it "baby-Ferrari" ?
Old 12-03-2004, 11:58 AM   #22
bmwmpower
Regular User

great scan, times are for me surprise,
bmwmpower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2004, 12:07 PM   #23
adamwich
Regular User

Thanks! Beautiful car
Old 12-03-2004, 02:22 PM   #24
callen
Regular User

Originally Posted by abbor
Great article man.. Thanks.. It'll be great when they have it on TG in the spring..!
You wont have to wait that long abbor, Vicky will be testing the F430 on monday night! only a few days until one of our favorite shows finally airs a F430 review. I cant wait! ive been thinking about it everyday since I saw this weeks top gear, and its preview at the end of the show! This car is sick, I cant wait to see it in the carbon and aluminum at the detroit show this yr, or maybe the TO show if i cant get down to the motor city this time around! but i know the yorkville millionaires wont disappoint this spring/summer there will be plenty of 430s to see IMO!
Old 12-03-2004, 02:28 PM   #25
yg60m
Regular User

Impressive numbers !! I am waiting for European tests now
Old 12-03-2004, 03:11 PM   #26
Max Power

but i know the yorkville millionaires wont disappoint this spring/summer there will be plenty of 430s to see
....lets hope so, dunno why ferrari would want to build a f430 cs, how fast do they want to make this car, cs=enzo
Max Power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2004, 05:24 PM   #27
nejcdolinsek
Regular User

Those are incredible numbers... all I hope is that some magazine does an independent test to confirm these crazy numbers :shock:

Gallardo... what???
Old 12-03-2004, 05:35 PM   #28
cho_888
Regular User

wow that is bloody fast. i still dont like the front of this car but oh well. it out does the ford GT in braking by a long shot.
Old 12-03-2004, 06:26 PM   #29
HoboPie
Regular User

Ferrari doesn't need to build the 600 or whatever. The F430 is at least as fast as the Murcielago.

And yeah, the F430 CS would be pretty damn close to the Enzo except past 120mph or something. In just about every other category it would essentially be a match.
Old 12-03-2004, 06:45 PM   #30
5vz-fe
Regular User

Does that mean this is the next best thing to Enzo? And that is just the street version too, wonder what it would be like in Challenge form. Say taking away 500lb and this will fly baby.