Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Automotive Brands Forum > Porsche > Porsche Pictures and Videos

Old 11-24-2008, 05:07 PM   #2
yg60m
Regular User

Great one ! Thanks
Old 11-24-2008, 05:16 PM   #3
pagani
Regular User

Originally Posted by yg60m View Post
Great one ! Thanks
That ruf has monster torque
pagani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2008, 05:35 PM   #4
RC45
Regular User

Hmm.. my Ruf list does not show many Ruf VINed convertibles. I wonder if that is not a Porsche VINed Ruf converison with 997 Turbo bodywork - and he needs to decide, is it a 500bhp Turbo R (as the video shows which really should be Rturbo) or a 650bhp Rt 12?
RC45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2008, 05:44 PM   #5
pagani
Regular User

Originally Posted by RC45 View Post
Hmm.. my Ruf list does not show many Ruf VINed convertibles. I wonder if that is not a Porsche VINed Ruf converison with 997 Turbo bodywork - and he needs to decide, is it a 500bhp Turbo R (as the video shows which really should be Rturbo) or a 650bhp Rt 12?
Maby it's a custom conversion that you don't kown about
Old 11-24-2008, 05:51 PM   #6
RC45
Regular User

Originally Posted by pagani View Post
Maby it's a custom conversion that you don't kown about
Not with stock turbo bodywork and the incorrect name badge. Is ii an Rturbo or an Rt12?

If it was a Ruf VINed car it started as a Porsche "body in white" and amost certainly would not have the Porsche Turbo fenders, because the Rturbo and Rt12 take in cooling and breather air at different points.

When you pay for a Ruf built car, you check off Alois Ruf's options on the build sheet - if you get a Porsche car modified, this is what you end up with - and it does not even look like this person opted for the Ruf brake upgrade, the Ruf wing or interior - somehow I don't believe this car is anything more than a Porsche Turbo cabriolet with a few internal engine mods - maybe Rt12 style engine mods... maybe

Its a cool video of a cool car, but I suspect the video uploader is exaggerating a little - which is a pity.
Old 11-25-2008, 04:26 AM   #7
andreadebi
Regular User

In the last video I recognized the car...yes it's the belgian 997 turbo cabrio with ruf rt12 tuning,a real best.the owner has also an lp640 roadster
Old 11-25-2008, 12:12 PM   #8
RC45
Regular User

After spending all that time and money and on the very extensive and very expensive 3.8l BiTurbo Rt12 engine mods and no Rt12 badge?

Really?

It is possible I suppose... any more validation of these Rt12 performance claims? More videos and photos would be nice.

Last edited by RC45; 11-25-2008 at 12:20 PM.
Old 11-25-2008, 12:13 PM   #9
pagani
Regular User

Rt12 engine mods and no Rt12 badge?

Not that likely ......
They also do porsche conversions
Old 11-25-2008, 12:23 PM   #10
RC45
Regular User

Originally Posted by pagani View Post
They also do porsche conversions
Uhm - who ever claimed they didn't? But a "modded" Turbo engine is not what the 3.8l Rt12 engine is all about - it is a substantial modificaiton program to the entire engine assembly - and just seems a little odd that after all that money and time and effort the guy did not even get a Ruf steering wheel or bumper or wing or brake setup or even an Rt12 badge
Old 11-25-2008, 01:04 PM   #11
freddiefish
Regular User

Not with stock turbo bodywork and the incorrect name badge. Is ii an Rturbo or an Rt12?

If it was a Ruf VINed car it started as a Porsche "body in white" and amost certainly would not have the Porsche Turbo fenders, because the Rturbo and Rt12 take in cooling and breather air at different points.

When you pay for a Ruf built car, you check off Alois Ruf's options on the build sheet - if you get a Porsche car modified, this is what you end up with - and it does not even look like this person opted for the Ruf brake upgrade, the Ruf wing or interior - somehow I don't believe this car is anything more than a Porsche Turbo cabriolet with a few internal engine mods - maybe Rt12 style engine mods... maybe

Its a cool video of a cool car, but I suspect the video uploader is exaggerating a little - which is a pity.

The owner is known as rami, he's on a belgian forum, and it's a reals rt12, made to his taste, it's the first rt12 convertible and he liked the turbo looks more than the rt12 looks. It has a gt2 front and techart steering wheel and some other things, the name turbo r is chosen by the owner, i think the car was made with a lot of taste + is very fast. Don't judge that fast next time. It has oz winter tires and sportec summer. It had stock pccb brakes indeed, but they're good enough

topic: http://www.autoforum.be/showthread.php?t=28983&page=53

Pics from last week:

freddiefish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2008, 01:31 PM   #12
RC45
Regular User

Originally Posted by freddiefish View Post
The owner is known as rami, he's on a belgian forum, and it's a reals rt12, made to his taste, it's the first rt12 convertible and he liked the turbo looks more than the rt12 looks. It has a gt2 front and techart steering wheel and some other things, the name turbo r is chosen by the owner, i think the car was made with a lot of taste + is very fast. Don't judge that fast next time. It has oz winter tires and sportec summer. It had stock pccb brakes indeed, but they're good enough
So is it a modified Porsche Turbo cabriolet then, and not a Ruf car?

It is almost unheard of for a body in white Run VINed car to be built using all stock Porsche parts.. in fact, it makes no sense.

Good luck to you and the owner, but just to be sure I am following up with Ruf to verify these claims - it seems the gentleman in question has got a long way to disguise the true nature of his car

A Ruf sleeper.. who would have guessed - as it is Tuesday, it must be Belgium

Oh - and skeptisism of online claims is healthy - because for every "real" Ruf sleeper that passes by, there are 1,000 bogus claims.

Last edited by RC45; 11-25-2008 at 01:38 PM.
Old 11-25-2008, 01:33 PM   #13
freddiefish
Regular User

Why doesn't it make sense? It looks great and is fast, what do you want more? Don't think it's much slower than a normal rt12. And why verify? You hear clearly it's a rt12 and not a normal turbo in the clips
Old 11-25-2008, 01:42 PM   #14
RC45
Regular User

Originally Posted by freddiefish View Post
Why doesn't it make sense? It looks great and is fast, what do you want more? Don't think it's much slower than a normal rt12. And why verify? You hear clearly it's a rt12 and not a normal turbo in the clips
Relax.

Anytime a unique and interesting car (and a stock looking Ruf is unique) any car enthusiast likes to find out more.

I am also interested in knowing if it is a Ruf VINed car or a converted Porsche VINed car. Why am I interested? Because I enjoy all things automotive, and knowing the details behind certain unique models is interesting and helps broaden ones generl knowledge.

It would be interesting to know if th chap optioned the car with the Ruf suspension, and kept the brakes stock - these are interesting details.
Old 11-25-2008, 02:02 PM   #15
freddiefish
Regular User

It's a converted Porsche VINed car. It would normally get the ctr3 suspenion, but that was delayed so now there's another one installed by intrax called the 4-way suspension http://www.intraxracing.nl/?cat=prod...okdempers_4WAY

Brakes are stock pccb i thought

For now:
0-100: 3,64 sec
0-160: 7,15 sec
0-200: 10,90 sec
0-402m: 11,42 sec (trap 205,61)