Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > General Discussion > General Chat

General Chat General chat about anything that doesn't fit in another section here

Old 06-12-2008, 07:30 AM   #1
lokie538
Regular User

Default Car mod forums?

Hi,

Does anyone know any good car mod forums. I especially would like some from Australia. I need to find out some information about underbody neons!

Thanks in advance,
lokie538
Old 06-13-2008, 01:43 PM   #2
pagani
Regular User

Originally Posted by lokie538 View Post
Hi,

Does anyone know any good car mod forums. I especially would like some from Australia. I need to find out some information about underbody neons!

Thanks in advance,
lokie538
Underbody neon is gay
pagani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2008, 03:19 PM   #3
bluedemon

Hi,

Thanks in advance,
lokie538

If you are going to have underbodies on your car prepare to deal with a lot of comments like the guy above me. I have underbodies on my car and I like them, to hell with what everyone else thinks, it's your car do to it what you want, but as for car forums in Australia, got nothing sorry. Good luck, did you do a search on google?
Old 06-13-2008, 09:35 PM   #4
lokie538
Regular User

Yeah I did but I could only find shops from australia lol

So why do people hate neons so much?
Old 06-14-2008, 10:57 AM   #5
silentm
Regular User

because it's a blatant waste of money and it doesn't improve anything on your car, it looks stupid and if your going to put it on one of those cars in your sig, i imagine you'll jsut get laughed at...
"Some say that the outline of his left nipple is exactly the same shape as the Nürburgring, and that if you give him a really important job to do, he'll skive off and play croquet... all we know is, he's called the Stig."

The Top Gear Wikiquote
silentm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2008, 02:25 AM   #6
lokie538
Regular User

Default what a idiot

Originally Posted by silentm View Post
because it's a blatant waste of money and it doesn't improve anything on your car, it looks stupid and if your going to put it on one of those cars in your sig, i imagine you'll jsut get laughed at...
lmfao

They are going to be used for something, for a 4wd! You use they for when you have to night drive so you can see the rocks and other obstructions! This is what neons were originally made for!!!
Old 06-16-2008, 02:53 AM   #7
79TA
Regular User

If that's true, I'm glad there's some purpose for them out there but I'm skeptical. It seems they'd get broken easily unless very well protected.

I've had magazines such as JP, and Petersens's 4x4 come to my famiy's house for as long as I can remember but I can't remember ever seeing underglow used on a 4x4 rig of rock crawler. Of all the off road trails i've been on with my family and our assorted Jeeps, I've never personally seen any rig with underglow.

I've only seen true neon underglow on the local ricers near the Super Autobacs. Also semi trucks are sometimes covered in lights, but they don't do much to illuminate the ground. Some jacked up pickup trucks that aspire to be the height of semis are similarily decorated.
79TA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2008, 04:55 AM   #8
lokie538
Regular User

You can see them on 4wd comp videos most of the ones Ive seen were purple for some reason. I believe that they use led under body lights as they are harder to damage.
Old 06-16-2008, 08:44 AM   #9
silentm
Regular User

well i'm glad you have a purpose in mind for them, but it's quite funny to put them under a 4x4 to see... dunno what the point is to do the offroading at night
"Some say that the outline of his left nipple is exactly the same shape as the Nürburgring, and that if you give him a really important job to do, he'll skive off and play croquet... all we know is, he's called the Stig."

The Top Gear Wikiquote
silentm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2008, 11:07 AM   #10
04RCSTI
Regular User

Really? To see? Neons?? Also purple is not your best option when you need visible light
You really need some lights? get some yellow PIAA fogs or something...4500k is the most usable light as far as human sight is concerned.

If you're going to use them to "pimp out yo' ride" then you can add me to the list of people who are going to laugh at you for wasting money to make your car look awful. Its a sad business this one..

"Sweet neons yo, dat shit is PIMP"

Hmm..OH SNAP!

Also I dont have any info on this type of stuff, but theres someone on these forums from Australia that might be able to help you, although arguably if they are for "show" then no one will really be able to help..

Last edited by 04RCSTI; 06-16-2008 at 11:14 AM.
04RCSTI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2008, 12:15 PM   #11
RC45
Regular User

You can see them on 4wd comp videos most of the ones Ive seen were purple for some reason. I believe that they use led under body lights as they are harder to damage.
Maybe for scorpion hunting at night?

But thats more ultra than violet..
RC45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2008, 09:52 PM   #12
e46drew
Regular User

Originally Posted by pagani View Post
Underbody neon is gay
extra gay
e46drew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2008, 11:56 PM   #13
bluedemon

Because there are three types of car enthusasits (however the hell you spell that) there are your typical "ricers" with a big ol coffee can for an exhaust and neon lights that you can see the tube during the day and they drive around like they have a V12 under their hood when in all reality they have a 100 bhp, then there are those (like on this forum and many others) who feel that if it doesn't improve the performance of the car then its complelty useless and shouldn't be put on the vehicle, and then there are people like me (a very small percent) who don't really give a crap what other people think and puts things on their car that don't necessarly do anything for it performance wise but rather is for them personally, however what seperates me from actual ricers is that 1. I am able to admit that my car is rather "rice" it has a full on body kit, (completly painted one color) big ol wing, thankfully not from autozone (it matches my kit) and yes I do have underbodies on my car (blue, but I don't drive with them on because its illegal), 2. I don't drive around like a freaking moran thinking that I have more power then I do, I know what I have and while I am not happy with it, I live with it cause more power equals more money, which I don't have, but I am looking into swaping out the current engine with something better.

So it all depends on what group you fit into, sounds like you fit into the second group perhaps, but I too have never heard of purple neons used to light up the ground for night time offroading and I have got a few buddies who do offroading.
Old 06-17-2008, 01:36 AM   #14
nthfinity
Regular User

well said bluedemon

I like cars that look nice... on occasion, I think kits make a car look a bit nicer... there is a way to do them tastefully. But, I also fit into the category that prefers performance over looks.

I also think there are a lot of people who fit into my multi-category then admit it. I reason this in the fact that so many of us love the looks of Ferrari's, Lamborghini's, Alfa's, Mustangs, etc. etc. .... many of which the form they have does not follow function (within the body work alone... where non-functional, or dysfunctional items are engineered out to correct a given issue with the shape) yet... they still are powerful performers

My own taste... neon's don't really make a car look good. I love seeing a beautiful car's lines, and underbody glow doesn't show them an ounce. Clever lighting under the hood would be interesting... or clever headlight, and tail light arrangements could be too.
Old 06-17-2008, 09:24 AM   #15
Dubai
Regular User

lmfao

They are going to be used for something, for a 4wd! You use they for when you have to night drive so you can see the rocks and other obstructions! This is what neons were originally made for!!!
Ouuh.. nice!!
Now I would like to have one under my wrangler. not pink thu
Dubai is offline   Reply With Quote