Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Automotive Brands Forum > American Cars > American Cars Pictures and Videos

Old 09-18-2007, 11:56 AM   #1
Skaala
Regular User

Default rat rod from hell

Old 09-18-2007, 06:34 PM   #2
novass
Regular User

Originally Posted by phatbimmer
I wonder how he does that, pretty cool
There are a variety of kits on the market that you can buy to make your car shoot flames. I have seen cars shooting flames for years at local hot rod shows around here, its nothing new and its not as dangerous as it looks. One of the more popular methods is to put a spark plug at the tips of your exhaust and set up a switch to shut off ignition to your engine sending unburnt fuel through and igniting as it comes out the exhaust. You can alter the colors of the flame as well by adjusting the oxygen and octane levels of the fuel also. Just look in any hot rod type magazine and you should be able to find a kit for a couple hundred bucks or even find instructions online to do it yourself probably. I don't think it would work on a newer car too well with all the sensors and extra crap that is part of the exhaust system these days.

"Live as if your were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever."
-Mahatma Gandhi
novass is offline   Reply With Quote