Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Automotive Brands Forum > Car Chat > Car Gallery

Old 10-18-2006, 11:13 AM   #1
LEXION
Regular User

Default 2007 Audi TT Roadster 3.2 quattro

Engine
Type: V6
Displacement cu in (cc): 195 (3189)
Power bhp (kW) at RPM: 250(184) / 6300
Torque lb-ft (Nm) at RPM: 236(320) / 2800
Redline at RPM: n.a.
Brakes & Tires
Brakes F/R: ABS, vented disc/vented disc
Tires F-R: 245/45 R17
Driveline: All Wheel Drive
Exterior Dimensions & Weight
Length × Width × Height in: 162.9 × 71.8 × 53
Weight lb (kg): n.a.
Performance
Acceleration 0-60 mph s: 5.7
Top Speed mph (km/h): 155 (250) - electronically limited
Fuel Economy EPA city/highway mpg (l/100 km): n.a. (9.5)

Base Price: 2007 Audi TT Roadster 3.2 quattro - 43,800 € (last update: 10/18/2006)

Sheer sportiness, a genuine driving experience plus high power reserves – cue the new TT Roadster from Audi. The open-top sports car retains the distinctive lines of its tremendously successful predecessor, but instills them with even greater emotion, performance and dynamism.

Audi offers a choice of two engines for its new TT Roadster. The 3.2-liter V6 power unit generates 250 bhp and is coupled to the quattro drive system as standard. The 2.0 TFSI engine, which blends turbocharging with petrol direct injection technology, delivers 200 bhp to the front wheels. Both model variants can be ordered with the innovative S tronic dual-clutch gearbox as an alternative to the standard six-speed manual shift.

The Exterior Design

With its rigorous geometry and clarity, the design of the first TT Roadster elevated it to the status of a cult classic. Audi has preserved the charismatic design idiom and carefully honed it for the new model.

Whereas the tail end and the roof section seem to flow into one another at the rear of the TT Coupe, the soft top of the TT Roadster forms a clear contrast that gives the overall design a more geometric look. The body's lines brim with power and forward thrust. This impression is underscored by the athletic curves of the vehicle's flanks just as much as by the rising dynamic line above the sill area and the taut, muscular shoulder line. The eye-catching fuel filler cap positioned above the rear right wheel sports a classic aluminum design.

The TT Roadster 3.2 quattro comes as standard with an electro-hydraulically powered soft top, which is available for the 2.0 TFSI as an option. This version of the soft top opens in just 12 seconds at the push of a button, and can even be operated on the move at speeds of up to 30 mph. The fully automatic hood incorporates an additional layer of soundproofing beneath the black headliner for even better acoustic and thermal insulation.

The face of the new Audi TT Roadster has an expressive feel. Wing-shaped plastic elements are embedded into the slanted, sharply tapered headlights to emphasize the three-dimensional depth of the lamp units. At the rear of the car, it is the large tailpipes and the wide diffuser which stand out. The tube-shaped reflectors seem to hover inside the tail light units. As on the Coupe, an electrically powered spoiler rises up out of the boot lid when the speed reaches 75 mph.

The Interior

The interior of the TT Roadster is noticeably larger too, offering extra headroom and elbow room.

Deep-set sports seats provide firm lateral support for both the driver and passenger. The standard-specification leather sports steering wheel features a flat-bottomed rim. The optional Impulse leather trim with its distinctive topstitching already attained cult status when it was offered for the outgoing model; it is one of four different leather trim packages. The 3.2 quattro is upholstered in a combined Alcantara/Leather trim as standard.

The three circular air outlets and the dome shrouding the instrument cluster dials inject the cockpit with characteristic TT flair. As is to be expected of an Audi, the ergonomic concept is perfect and the workmanship of the very finest standard. The increase in the body's dimensions has also benefited luggage space, which has expanded from 210 to 250 liters in both the front-wheel-drive and the quattro variant.

The Drive Train

Like the TT Coupe, the new Roadster is available with a choice of two transverse-mounted petrol engines. Both generate high pulling power and impressive peak output, resulting in out-and-out sporty performance. The four-cylinder engine directs its power to the front wheels, while the V6 powers all four wheels based on the quattro principle offering dynamism and sure roadholding in equal measure. Apart from a sporty six-speed manual shift, both engines are also available in conjunction with the innovative S tronic dual-clutch gearbox for lightning-fast gear changes without any interruption in the power flow.

The V6 unit with its capacity of 3,189 cc delivers 250 bhp and a peak torque of 236 lb-ft which is on tap between 2,500 and 3,000 rpm. The sonorous, ultra-compact long-stroke engine features two continuously adjustable camshafts. The TT Roadster 3.2 quattro sprints from 0 - 60 mph in 5.7 seconds with the S tronic gearbox and can, if necessary, go on to reach a governed top speed of 155 mph. It returns average fuel consumption figures of 9.5 l/100 km.

My Flickr Photo sets | My YouTube Videos | Mod edit: No linking to personal business in a sig
LEXION is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2006, 12:02 PM   #2
TopGearNL
Regular User

I like the interior best with its flattend steering wheel and nice colour leather too!
Old 10-18-2006, 12:19 PM   #3
Shinigami
Regular User

Too bad they don't mention the weight. I hope it's a lot less then that of the original roadster (the 3.2 quattro with dsg in roadster format weighs nearly two tons).
Old 10-18-2006, 01:42 PM   #4
Erez
Regular User

Location: not where i want to be.. but life's a bitch i guess..

looks much better then the coupe.. i'll give it that!
(and that something! cause 99.9999% of all cars looks much better as coupes)

Things worth having don't come easy..
Erez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2006, 01:44 PM   #5
LEXION
Regular User

Originally Posted by Erez
looks much better then the coupe.. i'll give it that!
(and that something! cause 99.9999% of all cars looks much better as coupes)

99,9999% agree with that, Coupes are much much better, looks and safety

My Flickr Photo sets | My YouTube Videos | Mod edit: No linking to personal business in a sig
LEXION is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2006, 04:32 PM   #6
martin100
Regular User

Looks very nice but i would stick to the coupe aswell...
martin100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2007, 01:14 AM   #7
Hashim11989
Regular User

Same here, coupe for me..

Never really been a fan of the Audi