Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > General Discussion > General Chat

General Chat General chat about anything that doesn't fit in another section here

Old 06-29-2006, 09:37 AM   #16
dutchmasterflex
Regular User

Congrats on the new Job! Always exciting to start a new (hopefully well paying) job

It should be nice returning back to your "Roots" and being with the family. Don't let the commute back to your wifey get down on ya. I drive 200miles to NY and 200 more back to Boston every Friday and Sunday for karting and some special women.

I'm sure you'll be fine though, You've already commented on the fact that you will be surrounded by beautiful cars!
Old 06-29-2006, 09:38 AM   #17
pzgren
Regular User

Wish you a good start at your new job mate! and Lugano is still a very nice place to live, not only car related hope everything will be ok with your relationship, it's not easy but you'll make it!
Old 06-29-2006, 09:41 AM   #18
sameerrao
Regular User

Congrats on the new job TT.

I didnt know where Lugano was so I did a little search on Wikipedia - it seems to be on the Italy facing side of Switzerland. Seems apt considering your name is Italian. Lugano looks lovely.

Its also near Lake Como. So you will have fantastic sceneries for your in-depth shots as well as the Concours is there (Ville de Este) . Awesome! Already looking forward to some pics.

Post some pictures of Lugano and surrounding countryside once you get settled in.

"Tazio Nuvolari - The greatest driver of the past, the present and the future" - Ferdinand Porsche
sameerrao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2006, 10:23 AM   #19
yg60m
Regular User

Congrats my friend, I am glad that you can have a nice opportunity even if it means that you will be less present here but everything has an end and we couldn't hope to have you forever only for us
For Aleks, it's not an confortable situation but my brother in law had his GF in US while he was in France during 2 years, and they are married now so ... it's more than possible and you will keep playing with dolls every friday

All the best for you with this new job Matteo
Old 06-29-2006, 11:52 AM   #20
davide
Regular User

no problem keeping a distance realationship alive, it's gonna be fine!

I have one myself

congrats on the new job!
Old 06-29-2006, 12:01 PM   #21
pterps
Regular User

Congrats on your new Job TT, and if it's real love then it's no problem to travel this far

And I hope for your new boss that your job has something to do with cars!?

As Finishing Touch, God Created The Dutch..
pterps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2006, 01:09 PM   #22
TT
Regular User

Originally Posted by ARMAN
Congratulations TT! Any info abou the job? Its not car related I suppose, otherwise you would sreaming it out loud probably

I hope everything will get organized later for you and your girlfriend so you can live togeather

Welcome to sick-of-job world jk I hope it will not be your case
Fiduciary stuff mostly.. some managment stuff and so on.. then we'll see.

Not really car related, but my "boss" (actually a very close friend of my uncle and mine too obviously) has an M6 if you really want to know. And down there some members of the family (if we look with wide perspective, not limiting to mom and dad) will sooner or later provide me 996 C4, 996 GT3, Continental Flying Spur and Maserati Biturbo (doh LOL) for some indepths down there and familiarize again with the region.. then I'll have to work it up the ladder once more to create connections, know the right ppl, events and so on.. won't be easy to start it all over again pictures wise, btu there is also one of the biggest Ferrari dealers/garage I know (not many other places allows you to see at the same time two MC12, an Enzo, an FXX, a 575 GT (or GTC, whatever, racingversion anyway) and 6 or so 430 Challenge and so on so I'll pay regular visits to it too.
And let's not forget I'll be much closer to Monza (important trackdays there) and the places where there are some crazy car meetings like Zonda meetings and so on.. so, given the time, it's a nice situation

Originally Posted by Jabba
Congratulations and does this mean there is a chance that some of us might catch up to your 30K post count ??
Forget about it

Originally Posted by Shinigami
Cool, congrats for the new job (first job?). What will you be doing?
Yup, first real job, and read above

Originally Posted by stmoritzer
^ with this new nine-to-five job, he should be able to spam around

Anyway, all the best at your new job, have a good start Mateto!
I'm sure you'll set a new record for driving Lugano-Lausanne
So many radars in the way luckily in summer I can take the Nüfenen, but winter is such a shitty road.
I guess I'll end up using the train most of the time: you can work or sleep in it, but it's 6 hours instead of 4...

Originally Posted by MIHALS
if you'll be able to hang up on JW at work, what else you want?
I'll try to control myself

being w/o g/f is sometimes hard, when you need support, but you'll see each other quite often so there shouldn't be a big deal

congrats, enjoy your new home and bring us some new in depths soon :good:
Actually after 9 years together and 8 years under the same roof, breathing fresh hair for part of the week could just spice things up a bit

Originally Posted by LotusGT1
Best of luck indeed, curious what your new job is. Never knew what your old one was either...lol
LOL, ops: "old job" was dealing with SCS and JW

Originally Posted by pzgren
Wish you a good start at your new job mate! and Lugano is still a very nice place to live, not only car related hope everything will be ok with your relationship, it's not easy but you'll make it!
Cool; do you know Lugano? here most ppl never went to Ticino, but it's definitely different for the german speaking swiss population in summer in Ascona or Locarno it's hard to find somebody speaking italian

Originally Posted by sameerrao

Post some pictures of Lugano and surrounding countryside once you get settled in.
Good idea! Having grew up there for some 20 years I was pretty used to the region, ence unable to really see its beauty, but now that I go there only seldom, I realize that Ticino (that's the name of the italian speaking part of Switzerland) is absolutely stunning, one of the best part of my country, with stunning weather, beautiful sceneries and peaceful living!
I'll be sure to take some pics every now and then, not only car related

Originally Posted by 30cm_penis

Best of lucks in this new "adventure" - I'm sure the distance won't be a problem in your relation with Aleks... unless you spend those weekends in car meetings and so - I guess now that you'll attend less events than usual, right?? Anyway - now you're closer to your family which is always a good thing!!

As for Lugano - it's a lovely place... and somehow I found it to be more relaxing that the Geneva-Lausanne area of Switzerland - less rush, less stress... and indeed some really nice cars!! And the Monza racetrack is just next door!!

As said... congrats for this new job, best of lucks - and hope you keep spamming as you've been doing for the last years...
Yes, less events for me as WE will be dedicated to indepths when possible rather than events (less time needed). But well, I admit I already bought tickets for a pretty big Ferrari event taking place near the end of July near Lausanne ops:

As for Lugano compared to the Lausanne/Geneva area, ppl in the french part often consider us (the guys from Ticino) as poor idiots coming from the country side, with no internet, no technology, style or money..
truth is, and I hope I won't offend the few members from VD and GE we have here, this part of Switzeland, for various reasons is a total disaster: sure, there are nice cars, cribs and places, and yet, for several reasons not only politics are messing everything up with fucked up ideas (wrong place to discuss it), but also the tipical Lausanne guy is a grey person, sad, no future, no smile, no dreams.. really annoying and I was dreaming to escape this place because really, this has nothing to do with the "real" Switzerland which is in Bern, in Zurich, or indeed in Lugano were everybody is friendly, constantly smiling, open minded, successful and wanting to look cool (in a good way, not rapper-style).
Also, life is indeed cooler there.. it's south of the Alps, so the weather is better most of the time, it's close to Italy and northern italy, with all the problems it might have, is a nice place and I could go on forever.. anyway, I met some great friends here in Lausanne, there always are exceptions, but from a general point of view, I never felt really that good here :bah:
Old 06-29-2006, 01:33 PM   #23
sameerrao
Regular User

Originally Posted by TT
Actually after 9 years together and 8 years under the same roof, breathing fresh hair for part of the week could just spice things up a bit
I know you meant air but this could be deemed a Freudian slip .... naughty boy!!

Is the Stelvio Pass anywhere near to you ... I know its on the Italian Alps somewhere.

"Tazio Nuvolari - The greatest driver of the past, the present and the future" - Ferdinand Porsche
sameerrao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2006, 01:40 PM   #24
stmoritzer
Regular User

the F-dealer you're talking about, it's Loris Kessel, isn't it

my page: www.davidkaiser.ch - "Lamborghini meets St.Moritz" Photo-CD now available !
recent post: 15+ Gallardo Superleggeras roaring in the Swiss Alps !
stmoritzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2006, 01:42 PM   #25
TT
Regular User

LMAO

The Stelvio, well, not too far away, as long as many other nice mountain passes. I drove the Stelvio for the last time many years ago and I should do it again one day, possibily with a good car
Old 06-29-2006, 03:40 PM   #26
TT
Regular User

Well, not far but neither close enough to do indepths there
Old 06-29-2006, 03:45 PM   #27
novass
Regular User

Congrats on the new job!

"Live as if your were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever."
-Mahatma Gandhi
novass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2006, 04:00 PM   #28
ARMAN
Regular User

Wow, thats a good family you have there and some good cars

.................................................. .............................
"...free your mind and the body will follow..." - THE MATRIX
ARMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2006, 07:08 PM   #29
gis
Regular User

Congrats on the new Job Matteo,at least your move is sumwere you know and wont be a stranger.seems you wont be far to continue your car sightings either.
so good luck and congrats once again....we really need to have a catch up chat soon dude

http://img402.imageshack.us/img402/5803/dansigsp7.jpg
gis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2006, 12:05 AM   #30
r2r
Regular User

Congrats, and good luck with the new job.
r2r is offline   Reply With Quote