Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Automotive Brands Forum > Car Chat > Car Gallery

Old 03-24-2005, 02:23 AM   #16
coloradosilver
Regular User

Originally Posted by blah
Originally Posted by coloradosilver
DDs? Is that daily drivers?

I suppose it would be practicle if you life in California or Florida or something like that.

Buy if you've ever tried to drive a 350 + RWD car in anything more than a 1/2 inch of snow, you might change you mind. This car will not appeal as a Daily Driver anywhere that gets any substantial yearly snowfall.

I suppose that I'm bias here because I live in Colorado and also own a Corvette. I know that trying to drive that thing in the snow as a daily driver is not a brilliant idea. To me, a daily driver has AWD and usually less than 350 hp to be somewheat practical.

The RWD cars with highter HP #s out here are only out on the weekends and on really nice days.
i do live in socal and remember the pics ive taken of the F40? his daily driver right now is a Gallardo, and for a week it was the F40 while the 360 was in for repairs. He doesnt drive his RS6 that much anymore. In a place like Colorado id say the ultimate DD would be a 330Xi, G35Sedan X, or an S4 if you have to have the power, or a E500 4Matic.
Every car you just suggested are perfect for the weather here. My father drives a 2001 E430 4matic for his daily and loves it.

The guy you're talking about that has an F40 and uses his Gallardo for his daily....Well, all I can say about that is that if I has his kind of money, I suppose I wouldn't worry about fuel efficiency or wear and tear either.

However, for the average Joe that just needs a decent daiy ride, things need to fall a little more on the side of practicality. Driving a Lamborghini to work everyday would be nice if you could afford it, but it just isn't anywhere near being realistic for the majority of people.

I'd love yo have your friend's RS6 though! Thats a damn nice ride.

I used to live in Brea in Socal for 8 years. The weather is much more permitting for fun cars out there. Not to mention that the quality of the roads here in Colorado are just about the worst you'll find anywhere.
coloradosilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2005, 02:39 AM   #17
blah
Regular User

I love socal roads. perfect in everyway. Im from ohio lived there for 14 years, so i know shitty roads, and why they get shitty. We used to drive a Honda Accord as our daily, i remember once spinning out in a maxima my cousin was driving, that was fun as hell. Black ice such a cruel mistress.
Old 03-24-2005, 05:55 PM   #18
Pimp Racer
Regular User

Originally Posted by gobs3z
I like the xlr styling but this is way to bland for a V tunesd car. It needs a buldge in the hood and a lower stance. And Demon that car looks like a Chrysler ME412.
Agreeded but that car is NOT A ME412 its a Cien! You can even drive this car in GT4 so thats how I am 100% sure that its a Cien. I have it in the game and it looks exactly like it.

how many of you have been in an SL or an XLR? Even RC will tell you that its not about the performance in this market. Its about what you get with your car. Personally i like the styling of the XLR they are nice sexy lines, especially in black with xenon headlights, but the interior and the over all package is lacking compared to an SL.
I can get a ride in the XLR. The XLR is like a Vette with a better interior.
Old 03-24-2005, 09:11 PM   #19
blah
Regular User

Originally Posted by Pimp Racer
I like the xlr styling but this is way to bland for a V tunesd car. It needs a buldge in the hood and a lower stance. And Demon that car looks like a Chrysler ME412.
Agreeded but that car is NOT A ME412 its a Cien! You can even drive this car in GT4 so thats how I am 100% sure that its a Cien. I have it in the game and it looks exactly like it.

how many of you have been in an SL or an XLR? Even RC will tell you that its not about the performance in this market. Its about what you get with your car. Personally i like the styling of the XLR they are nice sexy lines, especially in black with xenon headlights, but the interior and the over all package is lacking compared to an SL.
far from the a vette if you ask me. Doesnt the XLR use the Northstar engine?
Old 03-24-2005, 09:23 PM   #20
Pimp Racer
Regular User

Well its kinda similiar to a vette. If not Vette then a Viper?
BTW Yes it has a North Star engine.

Equipped with a supercharged Northstar engine.
Old 03-24-2005, 09:57 PM   #21
DeMoN
Regular User

Is this caddi CIEN available for sale? or is it still a concept? I read that its concept but I see a lot of pics of the actual car. So is it out? What hare its' specs and $$$?
Old 03-24-2005, 10:05 PM   #22
Pimp Racer
Regular User

Its a Concept.
The Specs for the Cien are -

Configuration - All Aluminum Northstar XV12 V12
Valvetrain - DOHC 4 Valves / Cyl
Displacement - 7500 cc / 457.7 cu in
Power - 559.3 kw / 750.0 bhp @ Not Available rpm
Torque - 610.12 nm / 450.0 ft lbs @ Not Available rpm
Height - 1170 mm / 46.1 in
Width - 1975 mm / 77.8 in
Length - 4457 mm / 175.5 in
Wheelbase - 2750 mm / 108.3 in
Front Track - 1726 mm / 68.0 in
Rear Track - 1632 mm / 64.3 in
HP / Liter - 100.0 bhp per litre
Body / Frame - Carbon Fibre Composite
Old 03-24-2005, 10:26 PM   #23
blah
Regular User

Well its kinda similiar to a vette. If not Vette then a Viper?
BTW Yes it has a North Star engine.

Equipped with a supercharged Northstar engine.
I think seriously id get the Z06 over this. The XLR has great styling and all, but that interior is seriously lacking.