Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Automotive Brands Forum > Porsche > Porsche Pictures and Videos

Old 10-14-2005, 11:12 AM   #1
nthfinity
Regular User

Default 6:41 !Fastest Lap of Nurburgring ive ever seen!

the quality isnt very good, but the sound is decent, and the raw speed feels like its a video game... no way he's driving that fast!

i recomend using a d/l accellerator such as Flashget, etc. since its a slow connection... but worth the wait
http://www.lad.lv/~martini/porsche/V...rgring-956.mov

its Darek Bell driving, and a comentary (by him?) of each major turn going at a "calm pace" in his 1983 956... the same car that in qualifying lapped in 6:11.13 seconds with Stefan Bellof... and was running consistant 6:24/6:29 in race trim :shock:
its simply amazing at Flugplatz, the car doesnt even come close to jumping the crest at 170mph... DAMN!
anyway, its completely crazy because right after Aremburg, Jacky Ickx just rockets past Darek in his qualifying lap, and is gone by Wehrseifen!
by far, this is my new favorite Nurburgring video... i only wish it were higher quality :roll:
Old 10-14-2005, 12:02 PM   #2
RC45
Regular User

What's the files size.. and resolution? I may have the full size job laying about...
RC45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2005, 12:02 PM   #3
racer_f50
Regular User

thanks for the link, sounds like quite a video
downloading now, can't wait to watch it, as I can only imagine how fast it must feel, even compared to the Radical SR8 vid (which felt extremely fast!).

RC45: it's 114,820KB
racer_f50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2005, 12:10 PM   #4
nthfinity
Regular User

Originally Posted by RC45
What's the files size.. and resolution? I may have the full size job laying about...
240x180 114,821kb
not that great in quality... if you have a higher res version; by all means. the 956/962 are my favorite cars of all time
http://www.dukevideousa.com/products/3480NV.htm
ok, i just found what i want for christmas
OUR PRICE: $29.95
AVAILABILITY:
Usually despatched within 2 to 7 days.

Running Time: 62 minutes
Format: NTSC DVD
Catalogue No: 3480NV

If you've ever wondered what it's like to lap 'old' Nurburgring or Brands Hatch in one of the fastest race cars ever built and with a World Champion driver, now's your chance to find out!
We put an in-car camera in a works Rothmans Porsche 956 with Derek Bell, giving you a terrific driver's-eye-view as he takes you round seven of the world's greatest racing circuits at up to 220mph!
The car is a 650 bhp world championship-winning racing sports car and the driver's eye-view is riveting - how does the fifth fastest ever lap of the marvellous Nordschleife circuit sound? Or an average of over 120mph around the spectacular Spa Francorchamps circuit?
It's all here on high quality DVD - an exhilarating experience for you to enjoy time and again!

The circuits you lap are:
Silverstone* 'Old' Nurburgring * Le Mans * Spa Francorchamps * Brands Hatch * Fuji Speedway * Kyalami

PLUS! Bonus lap of Mosport - Canada's 'mini Nurburgring' with Vern Schuppan.

“I didn’t appreciate how awesome the 650hp 956 is, nor how incredible a 6mins 41secs lap of the old Nurburgring is... the footage is superb... the laps of Le Mans are just devastating. Bell (now an MBE) won Le Mans five times. He is a God.” Evo
in quali; Jacky Ickx ran a 6:16.85...clearly much faster, even in the video (read-pushing it, and higher-powered engine settings (pre-bosche motronic)
Old 10-15-2005, 06:38 AM   #5
1zippo1
Regular User

6:41. Hell I hope I'll someday break the 10min barrier on the NS in my own car. That would be a pretty good result, but 6:41 that's flying.
1zippo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2005, 11:31 AM   #6
N.J.
Regular User

Highly recommend the complete DVD guys 'IN CAR 956'...its worth it.

Funny thing is though, I didn't find the Nurburgring lap anywhere near as interesting as 'FASZINATION ON THE NURBURGRING'.

Reason? Faster doesn't always equal more exciting.

A good example is Walter Rohrl- he's a VERY clean driver, you don't see him deliberately getting a car out of shape like Stefan Roser from Ruf (or Tiff).

Its just like watching a lap in fast forward, no oversteer, opposite lock etc etc...no drama.

The highlights come from the other tracks where the car gets more out of shape and you hear more of the car without commentary. (ie. The sound of the turbo and wastecut cutting in and out combined with the speed is outstanding!)

Yes - 6:41 is VERY fast (bellofs 6:11 is astonishing!)...but Ruf videos at the ring with Stefan Roser at the wheel are WAY more entertaining.
N.J. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2005, 08:37 AM   #7
Gilles27
Regular User

I downloaded time ago (in the same page you can find the Le Mans and Silverstone laps) and since then I never view it again (disapointed me) after the Roser´s laps in the yellow bird are more atractive visually.
Gives my me more speed sensation viewing the 6:55 lap of the Radical ones.
Old 11-03-2005, 11:18 AM   #8
raphaelws

thanks... downloading.. 8)