Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Automotive Brands Forum > American Cars

American Cars Area dedicated to American Cars from Classic, Muscle, to Modern!

Old 10-22-2004, 03:19 PM   #16
Vansquish
Regular User

Originally Posted by coloradosilver
Originally Posted by Vansquish
Originally Posted by sentra_dude
That was sweeet, and I definitely got sound!

Originally Posted by PeleProdigyGTO
Schweeeet so that's one of those $100,000 Kit car replicas right?
Nope, looks & sounds pretty real to me, it looks like its in some kind of road rally, with public roads closed.
I think I might have to dissagree on that count sentra_dude....the car in the vid is almost certainly a replica. There are (and were) several manufacturers which make stunning replicas of the GT40. I'm pretty certain this is one of them because of several things. The rear fenders are from a wide-body plan that is available through CAV and was available on other replicas like the ERA GT, GTD40 and others. The rear-view mirrors are also non-original items, and are very much the same as the ones that I've seen on the majority of GTD replicas I've spotted. The proportions of the front end of the car are also slightly different than on the '60's original. The nose droops a little further and the rear end sweeps together a bit faster than the original car. Lastly, from a common sense perspective, nobody with a $400k car is going to fit a hideous flap of metal to the back of it and call it a lip spoiler. The original MkII GT40s (which incidentally had a different rear deck and air outlets at the front than this car) had a similar flap of metal which was adjusted by a series of allen-screws. I'm not aware of any MkI body-style GT40s with the same aerodynamic addendum (of course that doesn't mean they don't exist hehe...just haven't seen any )
Yep, you're right. It's a replica. But none the less, I'd drive it any day.
Damn straight dude...that's why I've been trying to find a replica for a reasonable price for my dad's "toy" car now that he's retired There's nothing quite so beautiful and brutal at the same time.

If you haven't had the chance yet, go check out the GT40NA site...they're making a beautiful carbon-fiber bodied replica that's insanely fast and the fit and finish is just awesome. I posted a couple of pics of one I found at the Woodward Dream Cruise, if you search for it, I'm sure you'll find it hehe.
Vansquish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2004, 03:34 PM   #17
nurbrun
Regular User

OMG mopsdrops nice find. like 90% of my vids were found by you lol
Old 10-22-2004, 05:18 PM   #18
davide
Regular User

hahaha, insane!

nice one!
Old 10-25-2004, 08:09 AM   #19
Skaala
Regular User

what a lovely sound
Old 10-25-2004, 08:29 AM   #20
Attie
Regular User

Wow.. what a great sound
It could be dance with this car easily

http://www.alfaamore.hu/members.php?id=30

Orazio Satta Puliga, one of the most important figures in Italian motorcar history to say:
"Alfa is a unique way of living and feeling a car. There is no definition that explains what Alfa really is. You can compare it with those irrational emotions, that sometimes have a human spirit, for which it is impossible to find a logical explanation. We are in the domain of feelings, passion of things that are closer to a man's heart than his brain."
Attie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2004, 05:48 PM   #21
stradale
Regular User

However short it may be, I enjoyed this video very much! I love that car to death... :8