Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Automotive Brands Forum > American Cars

American Cars Area dedicated to American Cars from Classic, Muscle, to Modern!

Old 05-07-2004, 05:14 PM   #31
sameerrao
Regular User

LOL - - I doubt it - I am just a weekend warrior with no wars to fight..

And just to clarify something - I would never buy a CTS-V new - becasue as a GM product the sum of the parts is NOT worth $50,000...

But as an upper $30,000's used car - it represents unbelievable performance value for those of us on a budget (read as poor working stiffs.. )
I agree with you 100% on this. No doubt about it - at $30K or so it will be an awesome buy - interior be damned...

BTW, What's the QS in you sig - QS Z06?? Quaker State?

"Tazio Nuvolari - The greatest driver of the past, the present and the future" - Ferdinand Porsche
sameerrao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2004, 09:49 PM   #32
RC45
Regular User

Quick Silver...
RC45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2004, 06:10 PM   #33
BADMIHAI
Regular User

I still think it's a piece of crap. I'll be laughing at you when your doors won't even allign properly when closing, and your interior will be falling apart. GM makes shitty cars, and that's a fact. When you buy the M5 or E55 you get alot more than performance; you get luxury and absolute quality. Reliability is also exceptional for BMW and Mercedes...which I cannot say for Cadillac. Another thing: how long will that modified Cadillac last? I'd say not long. How long until your tranny, or something else fails? ///M and AMG do alot more than just drop in a big engine. They also modify the car to reliabily cope with the added power. This means you can drop the clutch in a M5 or E55 or RS Audi plenty of times and redline it through all the gears, and it'll still idle like a swiss watch every single time. Let's not even talk about maintining value.......

In conclusion, you can take your redneck "Caddy" and shove it up your ass. All up in your ass. :fist: :fist:
BADMIHAI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2004, 06:34 PM   #34
SFDMALEX
Regular User

Anyone can pull off a one off competition crusher. But there are only few companies which always make good cars. BMW always made super saloons, as did Mercedes. For caddy this is a first, so let it be fast...
SFDMALEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2004, 06:39 PM   #35
Erez
Regular User

Location: not where i want to be.. but life's a bitch i guess..

The M badge will never live in fear! 8)

Things worth having don't come easy..
Erez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2004, 06:48 PM   #36
SPEEDKILLAR
Regular User

Originally Posted by Erez_Avital
The M badge will never live in fear! 8)

That's so true................it only shivers when it hears the AMG roar :x

Long live MB AMG(and Brabus )

Tariq Ali - Clash of Fundamentalisms

Blaire is a figleaf

Cars are my hobby, driving them is my passion.

Originally Posted by Dan\/6
damn speedkillar, if you didnt have a title already it would now say 'robofucker' or similar
SPEEDKILLAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2004, 07:19 PM   #37
Erez
Regular User

Location: not where i want to be.. but life's a bitch i guess..

hehehe.. now Brabus i like! 8)

Things worth having don't come easy..
Erez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2004, 08:03 PM   #38
RC45
Regular User

Originally Posted by BADMIHAI
I still think it's a piece of crap. I'll be laughing at you when your doors won't even allign properly when closing, and your interior will be falling apart. GM makes shitty cars, and that's a fact. When you buy the M5 or E55 you get alot more than performance; you get luxury and absolute quality. Reliability is also exceptional for BMW and Mercedes...which I cannot say for Cadillac.
A well structured sentnce that reeks of inaccuarcies..

The "falling apart" is a little bit of an exageration there - after 44,000 miles my interior on the Z06 looks just as plain as it did on day one - but is also in the same great condition - Hyundais and Cavaliers may fall apart - but not the decent ones..

If youhonestly believe every M and AMG car is perfect you are really in denile...

Another thing: how long will that modified Cadillac last? I'd say not long. How long until your tranny, or something else fails?
As long as the many, many, many modified LS1/LS6 M6 engine/tranny combos in the many, many, many 500+hp modified F-Bodies and Corvettes running around.

The modofied combo ends up better and stronger than stock.

You really need to try to only comment on things you actually know about..

///M and AMG do alot more than just drop in a big engine. They also modify the car to reliabily cope with the added power. This means you can drop the clutch in a M5 or E55 or RS Audi plenty of times and redline it through all the gears, and it'll still idle like a swiss watch every single time.
This proves you are living in a dream world. The car is "morthan just just drop in a big engine" as well. THAT is the entire point..

Abused M cars and AMG's are MORE likely to have visits back to the delaer for broken parts than their stock bretheren.

You really should try talking to aggressive AMG and M car drivers once in a while - you may be very surprised by what you learn.

And by the way, this is true for ALL high performance cars to varying degrees.

Let's not even talk about maintining value.......
No lets - a car is not an investment - so anytime you can get something at a lower price afterwards the better.

If your "worth" as a human is valued by the "snob-value and newness" of your possesions, you are a very shallow person... (which we already knew. )

In conclusion, you can take your redneck "Caddy" and shove it up your ass. All up in your ass. :fist: :fist:
I am not sure if that is a gay come-on - or a desire to be fucked by the faster car...
Old 05-08-2004, 08:31 PM   #39
BADMIHAI
Regular User

If your "worth" as a human is valued by the "snob-value and newness" of your possesions, you are a very shallow person... (which we already knew. )

Now, now buddy. That's a logical fallacy. I was talking about the car. No need to get personal.

I am not sure if that is a gay come-on - or a desire to be fucked by the faster car...
I love it when you talk dirty.
I must admit the Caddy is pretty fast but, IMO, it falls short of being as good (or better) than an M5 or E55 AMG or RS6.
Old 05-08-2004, 08:45 PM   #40
RC45
Regular User

Now, now buddy. That's a logical fallacy. I was talking about the car. No need to get personal.

I love it when you talk dirty.
I must admit the Caddy is pretty fast but, IMO, it falls short of being as good (or better) than an M5 or E55 AMG or RS6.
-- nice touch removing the smileys..

The great attraction for those of us that have been smitten with the LS6 is the cheap/easy mods that the CTS-V platform lends itself to.

Think of the CTS-V (and note how I don't call it a caddy - much like we don't refer to the Z06 as a Vette too often... ) as the "redneck" M5.... wait --- You already said that...
Old 05-08-2004, 08:49 PM   #41
nthfinity
Regular User

^^^^^^^^^^^^
LOL x 10^3

well, the Berg-Warner Transmission that GM is using has had some of the very most exquisit testing one can perform on it. with how many performance variants of thier 6 speeds out there, you hear very little about transmissions failing. clutches are another story for the 'abused' or as i more appropriately say, properly used cars... sure it will eat through a clutch plate in 12-20 thousand miles. with the same abuse upon a lesser transmission, you could bet the syncro mesh would be metal salad.

as far as maintainability, and reliability of the LS6.... did you know that GM has the 300 hour full throttle test, and the 'run it til it breaks' test it performs amazingly in both tests.

mercedes may have virtually unsurpassed reliability in their performance vehicles (based on R1000's and TGW numbers) but the cost of maintaining it is easily tripple that of the LS6.

oh, and BMW doesnt let the owner change his own oil anymore (unless somehow, you have the special key which is nessisary)

fun factor would be a major part of my decision making process... fuck the compfort... if i have a smile on my face, i know its the right choice. i know i would not have the same fun with triptronic transmission.

R+T doesnt post as consistant accelleration times as Car and Driver, or Motor trend.... and it all depends on track surface, temperature, PW, wind vector, tire choice, and most importantly, driver ability..... also, how beaten up the press car is when you drive it.

the thing i think Caddy got wrong here was the plastic engine cover.... and markup value :roll:
Old 05-08-2004, 11:46 PM   #42
BADMIHAI
Regular User

fun factor would be a major part of my decision making process... fuck the compfort... if i have a smile on my face, i know its the right choice. i know i would not have the same fun with triptronic transmission.

I know what you mean. The thing you must consider is that the people buying an M5, RS6, E55, or one of those "four door Corvette" are usually past 40 years of age, and more "stable" than you and me. I believe the average age of M5 owners is somewhere around 45. At that age (generalization will follow), they'll want the comfort and style (which, to them, might be more important than just straight-line acceleration) offered by Audi, Mercedes and BMW. Not to say the Caddy is a total POS ( I said it above anyway, just to piss off RC ), but it lacks alot when it comes to interior design and build quality, when compared to BMW and Mercedes. If you want raw, virtually uncompromised (a little exagerated, I know) performance, you wouldn't go for any of the cars listed above anyway.
Old 05-08-2004, 11:57 PM   #43
sentra_dude

Originally Posted by nthfinity
^^^^^^^^^^^^
oh, and BMW doesnt let the owner change his own oil anymore (unless somehow, you have the special key which is nessisary)
Serious?!? That's soooo ghey. :roll: Why the hell would they do something like that, do they think their owners are too retarded to change the oil or something?

------------
1992 Toyota Celica GT 5spd, intake.
sentra_dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2004, 12:20 AM   #44
BADMIHAI
Regular User

Why the hell would they do something like that, do they think their owners are too retarded to change the oil or something?
I don't see M5 owners changing their oil by themselves anyway. Changing the oil by yourself isn't really worth the time spent anymore...especially with all the pollution laws.
Old 05-09-2004, 01:29 AM   #45
nthfinity
Regular User

I don't see M5 owners changing their oil by themselves anyway. Changing the oil by yourself isn't really worth the time spent anymore...especially with all the pollution laws.
ive never asked an m5 owner, i found out from a friend who has a normal 3 series... not even an M badge

yes, thats gay to not be able to be macho and change your own oil

which, to them, might be more important than just straight-line acceleration
isnt it the CTS-V which out handles the big amg merc?
i think you have it backwards that the merc is the faster in the straight... faster then a Ferrari 360...